• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wanted: Roommate for 2010 Podcast Cruise

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
Hi everyone!

I've signed up for the 2010 podcast cruise, but as of yet, I have no one to go with. If you're a male that would like to share an outside cabin with me, please let me know.

Thanks!!!

If it makes any difference, I'm a gay male, but I don't mind if you're not. :goodvibes

Update: I found my roommate. Thanks!

If you'd like to have your name added to the list, please IM me.

Kevin, John, or ASKTracy said they were going to have a list for people looking for roommates. Tracy is on vacation till June 1. If you wait till she gets back, I'm sure she will put up the list. That way, your request doesn't get lost in threads.

Hi folks....

I am going to sticky this to the top of the Board.

Mike....I'm going to alter your title a bit so that it just reads room mate....not specifically male room mate.

I dont believe anyone will have a hard time finding a room mate.

There were many successful stories on the cruise.

Let me know if I can help.

Kevin

Hi folks....

Mike....I'm going to alter your title a bit so that it just reads room mate....not specifically male room mate.

Kevin

If we snore like Bob should we mention that ahead of time or let it be a surprise? :laughing:

Female roommate wanted!

I really do want to go on the podcast cruise - hard to imagine planning a vacation over a year and a half from now.

I am hoping to be spending more time "out and about" than in the cabin. Also hoping to keep expenses down so I can have a fantastic Disney cruise on a public librarian's (low!) salary.

The money saved by booking an inside room goes towards airfare, or a few days at WDW before the cruise.

Anyone else thrifty and frugal? :thumbsup2

p.s. Love the idea of staying at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly - but I on a pop budget.

Goodness gracious...I'll be 42 and frugal at the time. Man I'm getting old...but not as old as Kevin!:rotfl:

Hmm... by the 2010 cruise I will be as old as Kevin :scared1: (although he is about 9 months older) - sorry Kevin...:angel:

I am looking for female roommate. Willing to splurge for the veranda cabin but not required.

Not morning person. Second dinner seating. Last cruise, needed to clean off bed (from shopping in Alaska ports of call) so cabin steward could do evening turn down :rolleyes1

I took the plunge and requested a quote.

Hi folks....

Kevin

Thank you, Kevin!

I know that with 18 months advance, I will be able to find someone to share a cabin with.

I'd really like to hear the experiences of the people who shared rooms with strangers - although by now they're probably great friends.

p.s. Love the idea of staying at Wilderness Lodge or the Poly - but I on a pop budget.

My screen name at Trip Advisor is FrugalTravelGal! :teeth: I requested a quote for a cat. 11, but would've asked for cat. 12 if it had been available.

I like the idea of staying at the Grand Floridian, but with someone else's money! :rotfl2: Oh well - I'll go there for afternoon tea and act like I belong there. :)

I usually go to WDW solo, unless I can bribe one of my kids (18, 21, and 24) or husband to go with me! I plan to go to WDW for several days before the Podcast cruise. :woohoo:

If you'd all like, IM me and I will modify this threat to place the screen names, gender, age and preferred category on the first post so that it'd be easier to find a cabin mate.

will be as old as Kevin :scared1: (although he is about 9 months older) - sorry Kevin...:angel:

I know that Pete is born in 1964.
Walter is almost 50.
How old is Kevin?

I hit 50 a couple years ago, but I am no where near as "old" as my friends who have grown children and are grandparents. At least, I don't feel like I am over fifty!

Kevin just turned 50 a few weeks ago. :teeth:

And ummmmmmmmm, I sort of wasn't kidding about the snoring thing :blush:
Maybe Corey has some extra earplugs left over from the California trip?

Kevin just turned 50 a few weeks ago. :teeth:

And ummmmmmmmm, I sort of wasn't kidding about the snoring thing :blush:
Maybe Corey has some extra earplugs left over from the California trip?

Lisa...how much can a single supplement be? :rotfl: My husband is a horrendous snorer maybe you and I should talk!

I am interested in going, but will need a Female Roommate. I am a First Timer and Frugal is Good, would like to keep costs down as much as possible. Typically, I am a morning person, but can be very quiet moving around.

I will be looking for a female room mate.

I am in my 20's I have two young girls that will be staying home with daddy

First time cruiser!

Female roommate wanted!

I really do want to go on the podcast cruise - hard to imagine planning a vacation over a year and a half from now.

I am hoping to be spending more time "out and about" than in the cabin. Also hoping to keep expenses down so I can have a fantastic Disney cruise on a public librarian's (low!) salary.

The money saved by booking an inside room goes towards airfare, or a few days at WDW before the cruise.

I thought I was 1st pick for you as a roomie, :snooty::upsidedow:hug::worship:

Pj

Please:flower3:

Ps. I have a dummie date for Dec '09 that has to be moved, very soon. I want confirm with Tracey if that booking can even be used for this event. If I can I would be willing to do a three female room, to reduce costs even more. I love the sofa on DCL, I am more then comfortable on it, so two ladies could do a split bed (twins.)

Then I have to figure out how to get one extra day of vacation for that year, although I would be willing to take a single day without pay for this. The best alternative is that we are allowed to borrow a day or two from the next year, kind of like borrowing DVC points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter