Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you for doing all the math! It definitely is misleading. I wish the Dolphin had queen beds as it does always seem to be cheaper but with possibly four adults, we really need the queen beds. We are spoiled because we went to the Swan in 2022 and got great rates (in fact one week was entirely on points and the other was cheaper than POFQ). It seems like those great rates are a thing of the past but I'll keep checking.

I typically search flexible dates and then enter just one night, regardless of how many nights I want to stay. Then it will show you a calendar view of the month with each night priced individually, so you can see exactly what you will pay per night. If you tell it you want multiple nights it does that averaging thing which--for me anyway--isn't particularly helpful...especially if you are looking to stay on a mix of cash, points, free night certs, etc.

Have all of the rooms at the Swan been renovated in the past few years? If not, if known floors or specific rooms #s that have been renovated can be listed, that will be greatly appreciated!
Its hard to say since they never made a big announcement they were even doing a room refresh. You can see in this post and the following discussion about the rooms they were working on and in this post you can see some great photos. This might be a good time to use the SwanDolphin mobile app and ask if all rooms at the Swan have bee refurbished or not.

Wouldn't that be a dream come true. A stay in the bubble for 15-20k points per night, no resort fee, free breakfast, free parking, confirmed upgrades at time of booking...😍
It would be truly shocking if it were to happen. I would imagine that any change in operator would be subject to some approval process by Disney as well, even though they don't own the hotel. Imagine if for example, the Tishman group got upset at Disney and decided to get back at them by converting the Swan to a Super 8 and the Dolphin a Motel 6! It would be a lot of fun to read the contracts surrounding the S/D through the years... I have to imagine whatever brought around the SR was interesting, and may have included some alterations to the existing contract. By the way, isn't the SR the only deluxe property that is hotel (not DVC) constructed since 9/11? Maybe even longer! Just fascinating and confirms new Disney Deluxe hotels are done for in my view.

It would be truly shocking if it were to happen. I would imagine that any change in operator would be subject to some approval process by Disney as well, even though they don't own the hotel. Imagine if for example, the Tishman group got upset at Disney and decided to get back at them by converting the Swan to a Super 8 and the Dolphin a Motel 6! It would be a lot of fun to read the contracts surrounding the S/D through the years... I have to imagine whatever brought around the SR was interesting, and may have included some alterations to the existing contract. By the way, isn't the SR the only deluxe property that is hotel (not DVC) constructed since 9/11? Maybe even longer! Just fascinating and confirms new Disney Deluxe hotels are done for in my view.
Oh, I don't think the switch to Hyatt would ever happen. I thought I remember reading at one point that the owners were big investors in Starwood--so now Marriott, I would think. So unless they sold ownership--which probably would have to be Disney approved (maybe they even have right of first refusal), there is just no way they would want to sell. And Marriott has a much larger footprint/customer base than Hyatt, so again, not much reason to switch. But we can dream

Oh, I don't think the switch to Hyatt would ever happen.
I agree that it is not going to happen since the 3 hotels are part of the Marriott Autograph Collection. The land is still owned by Disney. The buildings are owned by The Tishman Group and MetLife Investment Management (MIM).

They just got a new 5 year $750 Million dollar refinancing loan earlier this month.

Dave

@Dave006 did you see that Tishman also forced Marriott to buy the Grand Sheraton Chicago for $500 million? From what I read it was part of a lawsuit in 2017 after Marriott bought SPG and Tishman felt it devalued the Sheraton property which sits across from the Marriott. With that sale of that and the purchases of Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek at Walt Disney World and the now rebranded Delta Hotels Orlando Celebration it seems they are really investing in the Central Orlando market.

@Dave006 did you see that Tishman also forced Marriott to buy the Grand Sheraton Chicago for $500 million? From what I read it was part of a lawsuit in 2017 after Marriott bought SPG and Tishman felt it devalued the Sheraton property which sits across from the Marriott. With that sale of that and the purchases of Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek at Walt Disney World and the now rebranded Delta Hotels Orlando Celebration it seems they are really investing in the Central Orlando market.
Wow I did not know this. I love the Bonnet Creek resort area.

I really dislike how tight the door to the toilet/shower is at the Dolphin. I'll have to stay at the Swan for the next conference to see if it's any different.
Same very tight clearence. About one finger (a thin one) space between door and toilet. The shower/toilet room is very tight for sure, but as said, the additional sink snd vanity just outside the shower/toilet room is a big plus.

Same very tight clearence. About one finger (a thin one) space between door and toilet. The shower/toilet room is very tight for sure, but as said, the additional sink snd vanity just outside the shower/toilet room is a big plus.
I stayed at Boardwalk Inn a couple of weeks ago and I don't know if the shower room was any bigger but the door opened into the vanity area and made all the difference in how cramped the shower room felt.

So, not really any better than the Dolphin, then. That's one thing I like about staying at the Disney resorts in the Crescent Lake area - it seems like the rooms have more room in them, if you know what I mean.

It is better at the Swan than Dolphin. The main bathroom with the shower/toilet/sink is substantially bigger than the shower/toilet area at the Dolphin. There are plenty of youtube videos if you care to look.

Does Deb still have a stake in the site? AJ from DFB owns All Ears now.

I'll say they've had some good coverage of the Swolphin over on the YouTube channel though.
Oh, not sure at all. I limit my Disney reading mostly to the dis here, and then other, sites, like allears, TP, DFB, WDW Prep School etc, mostly when planning a trip. Since it's almost 7 years since my last, out of the loop on stuff like that. I'll go with your knowledge, Kylenne.

Update on busses at the dolphin: Yes there is construction at the bus stop and the main drive up entrance areas. They have had signs all over the lobby telling you where to go to get the busses when it is closed. Today, that would be the convention drive up next to the main drive.

Update on busses at the dolphin: Yes there is construction at the bus stop and the main drive up entrance areas. They have had signs all over the lobby telling you where to go to get the busses when it is closed. Today, that would be the convention drive up next to the main drive.
Thanks for the info and update, hedberg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter