• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@PDXmouse are you a AAA member? If so check those rates too

I am not.

I think an AAA membership is $69 per year. If the hotel's AAA rate is much lower than the rack rate, it might be worth it to join AAA even if you have some kind of emergency service through your car's manufacturer.

Years ago, a bunch of us were visiting my parents when somebody realized that they had a flat tire. Interesting thing about AAA, at least at that time -- the AAA member is supposed to be there when they come to provide service, but the automobile does not have to belong to the AAA member. So if my sister had a flat, and I was the AAA member, I could call AAA to change her tire.

AAA also has discounts on things other than travel, so you might want to check it out.

I think an AAA membership is $69 per year. If the hotel's AAA rate is much lower than the rack rate, it might be worth it to join AAA even if you have some kind of emergency service through your car's manufacturer.

Years ago, a bunch of us were visiting my parents when somebody realized that they had a flat tire. Interesting thing about AAA, at least at that time -- the AAA member is supposed to be there when they come to provide service, but the automobile does not have to belong to the AAA member. So if my sister had a flat, and I was the AAA member, I could call AAA to change her tire.

AAA also has discounts on things other than travel, so you might want to check it out.
How do I know how much lower AAA rates are? Can I see them without a membership?

Are AAA rates always non-refundable rates? When I look up the dates I'm considering in November, those rates are non-refundable.

Do y’all think the Swolphin will follow Disney’s free parking news? What was it like before?

No, I do not think they will follow. I have been staying at S/D since 2000 and if it was not applicable then, it was very shortly afterward.
Love the SR but this is a strike against staying there unless I want Deluxe after hours access.

Bottom line is you need to take the rate, parking and resort fee into account then compared to Disney resorts. We all know there are some really amazing deals at times at SDR and others prices are higher then the moderate. SDR will look at bookings and if they see them decrease you'll see prices and/or parking adjusted. I do agree with @Dan Murphy though - I don't see them making changes right away, if ever.

Bottom line is you need to take the rate, parking and resort fee into account then compared to Disney resorts. We all know there are some really amazing deals at times at SDR and others prices are higher then the moderate. SDR will look at bookings and if they see them decrease you'll see prices and/or parking adjusted. I do agree with @Dan Murphy though - I don't see them making changes right away, if ever.
Sometimes the lure of earning nights and points for status is too strong to resist 🫠

I burned all of my points when we went to Hawaii last summer. I am now reevaluating Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt's points and benefits. Sadly, with all the changes Mariott made I'm not feeling the Bonvoy love like I had with SPG.

I burned all of my points when we went to Hawaii last summer. I am now reevaluating Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt's points and benefits. Sadly, with all the changes Mariott made I'm not feeling the Bonvoy love like I had with SPG.
I’d be interested to see where you land. I’m not traveling for work like I did before the pandemic so I may be open for business. Only barely hit Platinum for Bonvoy this year. I am going to miss Titanium!

You can get refundable, it's just not as good a discount. Another perk of AAA at Swan/Dolphin is you get a discount at the restaurants. They also have a pretty good Senior Citizen discount, I've used it the last two times and it's usually less than the AAA discount.

I had 2 separate reservations (Swan) in December, using free night certificates. I was careful to book the same room type, and they let me stay in the same room. I wanted to pay the resort fee with a gift card, so they said to go to the desk in the morning because each night's resort fee would be charged separately since they were 2 reservations. Not sure if I would have needed to otherwise.

I was upgraded to resort view, which means I looked out on the Dolphin and could see the yacht and beach club. Did you also book your first 3 nights through Marriott? Could be a chance but no guarantees. Honestly resort view did nothing for me.
Did you get charged a "Room Revenue" fee? Checked out yesterday and had that charge ($180 per room) added on to the first nights' charges. No idea what it was for. It was in addition to the resort fee. Had two rooms, one booked with cash and one using points. The charge was on both rooms.

Did you get charged a "Room Revenue" fee? Checked out yesterday and had that charge ($180 per room) added on to the first nights' charges. No idea what it was for. It was in addition to the resort fee. Had two rooms, one booked with cash and one using points. The charge was on both rooms.
That's a new one. :sad2: Never heard of it. :confused3 Sounds like a 'hoser' fee.

Nope. Saw your other thread about that. Sounds like an error to me.

You can get refundable, it's just not as good a discount. Another perk of AAA at Swan/Dolphin is you get a discount at the restaurants. They also have a pretty good Senior Citizen discount, I've used it the last two times and it's usually less than the AAA discount.
I didn’t know that! Do you recall about what the discounts were? Do you know at what age the senior citizen one works?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter