• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Great comments, thanks for sharing. I think it's good the S/D bus situation might be better then Disney for S/D guests. How was it other times?
We didn't try Disney busses at any other time - earlier that day, we took the Mears bus from the Swan to the TTC. We drove our own car to AK, and then walked or boated to DHS and Epcot.

A question for those who've stayed at these hotels recently. When was your card charged? Disney does a one night deposit and then final payment due at check in if I remember correctly. But I booked the Swan a week ago for 11/25-12/3 and I've not even seen any kind of charge yet, even though the booking page said a deposit would be charged at the time of reservation.

Thanks
That happened to me at the swan reserve. Still no charge yet. I booked last week for 11/19-11/23.

Any swan reserve reviews? trip advisor had a few but didnt look good.. Just moved from dolphin to reserve due to the price drop at the reserve for june.. looking for thoughts hope we didnt make a mistake.

Any swan reserve reviews? trip advisor had a few but didnt look good.. Just moved from dolphin to reserve due to the price drop at the reserve for june.. looking for thoughts hope we didnt make a mistake.
I know, I've been waiting too. Very little info out there.

There are quite a few reviews at Google hotel reviews. Just enter the name of the property you want to search. Most complaints are about check-in and staff shortages. Another complaint addressed lack of drawer space.

There are quite a few reviews at Google hotel reviews. Just enter the name of the property you want to search. Most complaints are about check-in and staff shortages. Another complaint addressed lack of drawer space.
I actually just searched and found a bunch more. I arrive in 9 days. Honestly, not the greatest reviews. Everything from super thin walls, lights not working in room, taking hours to receive an extra pillow or blanket etc. That's not including all of the staff shortages and long waits at check in. People saying it's just not worth the extra money over Swan or Dolphin. I totally get a new hotel opening and having kinks but this just seems off.... hmmmmm

I actually just searched and found a bunch more. I arrive in 9 days. Honestly, not the greatest reviews. Everything from super thin walls, lights not working in room, taking hours to receive an extra pillow or blanket etc. That's not including all of the staff shortages and long waits at check in. People saying it's just not worth the extra money over Swan or Dolphin. I totally get a new hotel opening and having kinks but this just seems off.... hmmmmm
To be fair we had most of these issues on our last dolphin stay.

Also in june the prices for reserve are 270 ish with a AP so it was the same price as staying at a mod. I hope if my expectations are in line we will be happy.. Might have to just amazon now a few comforters and a pillow if they wont deliver them in a timely manner and make it there issue to get rid of them ( I dont like to be this kinda person but last time it was 12 hours to get 1 pillow for my son)

To be fair we had most of these issues on our last dolphin stay.
Totally understand that it can happen at any hotel, I just think it "hurts" a bit more because of the how much more the Swan Reserve costs. For me over Thanksgiving week it was a $600+ price difference.

We are staying at swan right before Christmas. Is it easy to get to car to go offsite to eat? How is the garage set up in regards to wear dolphin is?

We are staying at swan right before Christmas. Is it easy to get to car to go offsite to eat? How is the garage set up in regards to wear dolphin is?
By "Car" are you talking a rental or Uber/Lyft? I assume you mean Uber/Lyft, its easy just be sure to use the actual Swan address not the Dolphin and the ride share or taxi should pull right up to the front door where the bell stand is. Neither Swan or Dolphin has a garage, just parking lot.

IMHO wait a while for them to get over the new opening, and then judge. I'd say by February they will have the opening bugs all worked out and you'll get a fair comparison. For me the only reivew site I use is Yelp and only if they actually show they checked into the property. If find to many reviewers just want to be negative and "elitist" my .02¢ at least.

By "Car" are you talking a rental or Uber/Lyft? I assume you mean Uber/Lyft, its easy just be sure to use the actual Swan address not the Dolphin and the ride share or taxi should pull right up to the front door where the bell stand is. Neither Swan or Dolphin has a garage, just parking lot.
I meant our car we will keep in parking lot. I’m not sure how it is set up

I meant our car we will keep in parking lot. I’m not sure how it is set up
Gotcha, sorry I totally misread your message. I'm attaching a screen cap of the parking lot for the Swan, it's a fairly large parking lot, if you plan to go in and our a lot might think of paying the extra $10 for valet parking normal parking fees run $29/day, but that also gets you into the parking lots at the Disney parks at no additional charge. The nice thing is the Swan is a pretty small hotel compared to the Dolphin so the walk really isn't that bad. Follow the "orange" path from the turn around to the lot. The Dolphin has it's own parking lot, but you probably don't want to park there.

Attachments

• SwanParking.png
    SwanParking.png
    691.2 KB · Views: 16
Does anyone know if there is still transportation back to the Swan/Dolphin for After Hours events like Disney's Very Merriest?

We struggled with the Swan buses so we just walked to the Boardwalk to take theirs for returns to the resort. We used BW's bus for the return from Boo Bash. Other times we used the Yacht Club's bus.
We walked/took the boats for Epcot and DHS.
We took the Swan bus TO Animal Kingdom and to Magic Kingdom once. Leaving the park it was much easier and faster to just grab whichever bus was arriving - Boardwalk, Yacht Club - and then walk to the Swan. We waited at the TTC over 30+ minutes for the Swan bus after a morning at MK (Cast members are very friendly and chatty while you are waiting and advised that we grab a bench in the shade while we waited because you can see when their bus finally arrives and you have plenty of time to walk out to where they park in the lot).
Based on how often we were at MK versus Epcot or DHS, we probably should have chosen a different resort.

I have my first stay at the Swan coming up this December!

I booked with an AP discount on the Marriott site.
I have an AP voucher that needs to be activated. I plan to Uber from MCO to Swan, arriving around 1:00pm, and walk over to activate the pass at guest relations outside of Epcot.
Can I drop my luggage off at bell services before I check in so I can walk over to activate my pass?
Assuming I can't check in before I activate the pass to avoid losing the discount, plus the room may not be ready that early.

Also, I entered my cc information for a deposit to hold, but do not see any charges yet. Do I need to call for this or is that normal?

I also used the AP discount but did not need to show my voucher at check-in. Most of check-in took place via the app. I just need to show my photo id and get key cards for the room. Our room was ready early! In fact, I had notified them that we were a late arrival and I had a room before 1 pm. Maybe you will be as lucky!

Bell services is available as your driver pulls up to the entrance.

We were just there and parking was super easy, but it's a lot, not a covered garage. You have to walk to the lot but, let's face it - it's Disney and you have to walk everywhere! Check in first, and then you can use your room key to scan in and out, and then they will add parking to your final bill.

Swan has a deal with Disney that, like at Disney resorts, if you're paying for parking at the resort, you don't pay at the parks - just show your room key. Just be aware that not all people at the parks know this. When we went to AK, the guy was like "No, that's only Disney resorts." I insisted, and the woman working next to him overheard and corrected him. But if I hadn't insisted, I would have had to pay again.

We were just there and parking was super easy, but it's a lot, not a covered garage. You have to walk to the lot but, let's face it - it's Disney and you have to walk everywhere! Check in first, and then you can use your room key to scan in and out, and then they will add parking to your final bill.

Swan has a deal with Disney that, like at Disney resorts, if you're paying for parking at the resort, you don't pay at the parks - just show your room key. Just be aware that not all people at the parks know this. When we went to AK, the guy was like "No, that's only Disney resorts." I insisted, and the woman working next to him overheard and corrected him. But if I hadn't insisted, I would have had to pay again.

Are you allowed to show your mobile reservation on the Disney app at the park or does it have to be a room key? I was hoping to park at Disney on check in day but I also want to get there early so I am sure my room will not be ready yet. Are you able to park there as well on your check out day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter