• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We made the decision tonight to switch from CR CL for the 50th anniversary weekend to the Dolphin! Then we will still be moving to the Poly for the rest of our 2 week trip. We can live with the crazy rack rate for the Poly because it’s our favorite resort and we are absolutely in love with the new rooms, but we frankly couldn’t justify the obscene rack rate of CL for a resort we literally only booked for walking convenience the day of the 1st. I’m willing to trade that for a couple extra thousand in our pocket plus an easier time rope dropping Remy and getting back from Harmonious on their opening weekend. We wanted to do Mandara anyway on this trip so it works out. I’m so excited to finally come back to my old childhood resort!
We decided to go to my H's convention there that week & are staying a few extra days so will be there then also!

Thanks for the info. I figure in the worst case scenario we can head somewhere for lunch. When I did my split in June my YC room was ready around 1p. We plan to Lyft our stuff over to the Poly.

Considering the categories there now. I’m looking at the King “Alcove Larger guest room, Sofa bed, limited view”. What’s “limited view” actually entail? We talking BC/YC roof view bad or what?

I was upgraded to a King Alcove Room in May! At first, I didn't like it, but it grew on me and I'd love to have it anytime.

WHY I didn't like it at first: It's the room of DOORS. This room connects to the rooms on each side of it. Being a woman traveling alone, I don't always love rooms that have connecting doors.

But within a day, I loved the spaciousness of it. And I really do enjoy having a couch to sit on to work (as some of my work follows me no matter what since I'm self-employed).

Here are some pictures, though, so you can decide for yourself:

This is the "Limited View". You have to literally stand next to the window to look at as you can see nothing from the bed (though you can see it from the couch)

Here's a view of the Bed from the living room area - you can see one of the connecting doors on the left.

This is the view of the room from the entrance hall/bathroom area

And this is a view from the living area to the entrance door. The closet (and coffee station) were on the left and the bathroom on the right.

I don't have a photo from the bed - but against the far wall is the TV, small dresser, and the door to the other connecting room is on the left.

Also, note, that this was on the WEST side of the hotel but the views should be similar from the other corners....just reversed.

As mentioned above, best I also have ever been able to get is a 1 PM late checkout.
Swan and Dolphin are resorts and this aren’t obligated to guarantee 4:00 PM late checkout to Titanium (I forget the guaranteed time for Platinums and AMB get My24). As a Titanium, I’ve generally gotten 2:00 PM, but don’t count on it. Resorts aren’t obligated to do anything WRT late checkout

Swan and Dolphin are resorts and this aren’t obligated to guarantee 4:00 PM late checkout to Titanium (I forget the guaranteed time for Platinums and AMB get My24). As a Titanium, I’ve generally gotten 2:00 PM, but don’t count on it. Resorts aren’t obligated to do anything WRT late checkout

Titanium check out time is 4 PM.

ALTHOUGH there is a special package you can book that guarantees a late check out - it's called the "Work from Anywhere" and includes a 6 AM Check in, 6 PM Check out, and a $10 per day food and beverage credit. It's quite a bit more - $459 per night on the dates I checked- but if someone is REALLY needing a late check out....

For anyone looking, it's under "Deals and Packages :D

Titanium check out time is 4 PM.

ALTHOUGH there is a special package you can book that guarantees a late check out - it's called the "Work from Anywhere" and includes a 6 AM Check in, 6 PM Check out, and a $10 per day food and beverage credit. It's quite a bit more - $459 per night on the dates I checked- but if someone is REALLY needing a late check out....

For anyone looking, it's under "Deals and Packages :D

I'm as far from Titanium as you can get...more like Aluminum Foil level :rotfl2:I know about that package though, I actually used for a couple of weeks in June at a local property near my office while my house was being renovated. That's how I ended up Aluminum Foil...my days of traveling for work are long gone sadly.

I'm as far from Titanium as you can get...more like Aluminum Foil level :rotfl2:I know about that package though, I actually used for a couple of weeks in June at a local property near my office while my house was being renovated. That's how I ended up Aluminum Foil...my days of traveling for work are long gone sadly.
Hey, that’s what level I am too!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

True

Just wondering, are we able to go to the on-site playground if we aren't staying at S & D? We are staying at YC, and they don't have a playground. I remember reading that you can use a Disney hotel playground as long as it doesn't require a magic band to get to access.

Just wondering, are we able to go to the on-site playground if we aren't staying at S & D? We are staying at YC, and they don't have a playground. I remember reading that you can use a Disney hotel playground as long as it doesn't require a magic band to get to access.
Of course I don’t work for S/D, but I say go and enjoy it. We never see anyone on the playgrounds.

I agree with @cgattis I don't see anyone that's going to be out there policing it. But if they say anything you can apologize and move along. Plus while you're there you might check out the The Fountain for some great Ice cream or the Cabana Bar, I know I could go for a few of their drinks today ;)

Got an email today about my upcoming stay at Dolphin. Mask, dining, room cleaning updates. Some highlights:

• We are committed to making the amenities at our property available to you while complying with local regulations, by all individuals wearing facemasks indoors, reducing capacity in public spaces and practicing social distancing where practical. The modifications we have made include:

• Restaurant Hours and Operations

• Please download our App for the most up to date information and dining menus.

• Room Service is currently unavailable, but mobile dining is now available during breakfast and dinner hours.

• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). All guests and customers ages 2 and up are required to wear face masks indoors. Face coverings remain optional for outdoors for all guests. Masks are required on Friendship boats and on private busses to theme parks and Disney Springs.

Got an email today about my upcoming stay at Dolphin. Mask, dining, room cleaning updates. Some highlights:

• We are committed to making the amenities at our property available to you while complying with local regulations, by all individuals wearing facemasks indoors, reducing capacity in public spaces and practicing social distancing where practical. The modifications we have made include:

• Room Service is currently unavailable, but mobile dining is now available during breakfast and dinner hours.

• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). All guests and customers ages 2 and up are required to wear face masks indoors. Face coverings remain optional for outdoors for all guests. Masks are required on Friendship boats and on private busses to theme parks and Disney Springs.

I wonder if the mobile dining is TS to go? That would be fantastic.

I wonder if the mobile dining is TS to go? That would be fantastic.
I don't think so. If you go in the app it states:
In-Room Mobile Dining

Offering breakfast and dinner for delivery only. Our dinner menu showcases a selection of dishes from our Culinary team at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. At the click of a button, place an order for immediate delivery or pre-set an order for later.

It's delivered to you room, they provide a bag to place dishes in, put outside door and then you go back in app to notify them to pick it up

Menu seemed to have a good variety, but I don't really understand the difference between this a room service. Isn't room service food brought to your room? There wasn't a choice to order from a specific restaurant.

We will arrive Monday afternoon, might try it out for breakfast on Tues before head out to the parks, you can pre-order for a specific time. Better than eating in a crowded dining room. Breakfast is the one meal my granddaughter eats well at. It's going to be a challenge to find options besides rice, mac, and pizza for her pickiness. She does like fresh carrots and some plain lettuce with some ranch. But it can't be odd types of greens. So going to load her up with pancakes, bacon, yogurt etc. But it's vacation, right?

Definitely makes sense to stay consistent with Disney’s rules.

Hi!! Planning a girl's weekend to have some adult beverages at Epcot and shop in DS without kids :) during next year's flower and garden. Looking at Dolphin and Swan since I'm a Marriott rewards member and they're walking distance. Any preference on which one or are they essentially the same? TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter