• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked a double room and a parlor for our upcoming stay at Dolphin. You need to talk to the in-house and specify the type of parlor room you would like to book. I think there's Premium Room, Grand Suite, Governor's Suite, Presidential Suite, etc.
Mouse gear, (or anyone who has done it) what is the pricing range add on for the parlor?

Mouse gear, (or anyone who has done it) what is the pricing range add on for the parlor?

It's usually mid $200s and depends on availability/demand. I've got really lucky this trip as I booked before the travel surge and the price point was really low. I booked less than $180 which I thought was extremely low.
The parlor has I think full-size pull-out sofa bed which is very firm and nice to sleep on. Also, have a dining table to seat 6 people. It was really nice to have a proper table to eat. We had most of the breakfast in the room which we stopped by Publix and bought some breakfast items and bought many meals to-go.

We spend 7 days in the parks out of 9-days trip. Each morning we rope-dropped. For Epcot, we took the boat to YC/BC to save our legs a little bit and walked. We did Epcot twice and each time it opened 10:10 and 10:15. As for the MK, we went to BW and took their bus. We also went to MK twice and the bus came around 6:50 but there is a pretty big crowd. We arrive at the bus stop around 6:35-40 and one of the last ones to get on the bus. For AK, we drove and got to the gate at 6:50 and the guards would not let you approach the toll booths. There were other cars parked on the shoulder with emergency lights on so we did that. The guards cleared the cones and let the cars in at 6:57. We also went to HS twice and we started walking at 7:40 and arrived around 7:55 and we were one of the first groups. However, within 5 minutes, lines would stretch. For every park, we basically did 2~3 headliners with almost no wait and start doing other rides that have little wait times. We would have early lunch 11~12 and get out for the resort break. We went back around 5~6 pm and also do 4~5 rides that have a wait time of fewer than 30 minutes. We did every ride and some multiple times.

BTW, from MK bus stop YC/BC and Boardwalk was bus stop 14 and 15 so we hopped on the first one that came and walked back to Dolphin.

Last edited:
We also went to HS twice and we started walking at 6:40 and arrived around 6:55 and we were one of the first groups. However, within 5 minutes, lines would stretch.

So for HS do you recommend arriving before 7 am for a 9 am opening? I was hoping with them opening up around 8:15 we could get there more like 7:30 - 7:45. Thanks!

So for HS do you recommend arriving before 7 am for a 9 am opening? I was hoping with them opening up around 8:15 we could get there more like 7:30 - 7:45. Thanks!
There is really no reason to arrive before 7:45 - 7:50 AM for a 9 AM scheduled opening time. The operations team normally opens the security checkpoints between 8:10 - 8:15 AM daily.

Dave

For every park, we basically did 2~3 headliners with almost no wait and start doing other rides that have little wait times. We would have early lunch 11~12 and get out for the resort break. We went back around 5~6 pm and also do 4~5 rides that have a wait time of fewer than 30 minutes. We did every ride and some multiple times.

For Epcot, since you’re entering by the International Gateway, is there any problem with getting headliners in with park opening since you have to walk all the way through to Future World. I’m particularly thinking of Soarin’.

For Epcot, since you’re entering by the International Gateway, is there any problem with getting headliners in with park opening since you have to walk all the way through to Future World. I’m particularly thinking of Soarin’.
Both days we went straight to Soarin which is our favorite ride in Epcot. It had 15minute wai time posted but it was always a walk on. We then went to TT one day which had 25 minutes wait but it was constantly moving and took little over 15 minutes.

For Epcot, we took the boat to YC/BC to save our legs a little bit and walked.
I'm lazy; knowing the full day of walking I had ahead of me, I would have just stayed on the boat all the way to Epcot. 😏 I know everyone has their own preferred ways of getting around the World, though.

I'm lazy; knowing the full day of walking I had ahead of me, I would have just stayed on the boat all the way to Epcot. 😏 I know everyone has their own preferred ways of getting around the World, though.

The boats don’t run all the way to Epcot until an hour before the official opening which is at 10 am and by then the line for the rope drop is all the way out to the bridges of Boardwalk area. Otherwise we would have stayed on the boat. We walk way too much at Disney.

The boats don’t run all the way to Epcot until an hour before the official opening which is at 10 am and by then the line for the rope drop is all the way out to the bridges of Boardwalk area. Otherwise we would have stayed on the boat. We walk way too much at Disney.
That's interesting, and good information to know. I miss the pre-Skyliner days when you could show up to the International Gateway 30-40 minutes before opening and be the first in line.

We arrive tomorrow! Did you rope drop MK this morning? If so, what time did the bus come?

I hope this is in time for you - I was at the Dolphin this week. I walked over to the Boardwalk to Rope Drop MK - I arrived around 6:20 and there was one family waiting before me. The bus came around 6:35-6:40 and by that time there were enough folks to fill the bus. We were walking off the bus by 7:04 and were held at the turnstiles til they opened MK

Delivery service FYI.......

Several folks here on this thread, myself included, have talked about using the Amazon Prime Now delivery service, mostly for having food and incidentals delivered to the resorts. It worked very nicely.

Announced today, the Amazon Prime Now, as a separate service, will be ending by year end. It will be incorporated into the main Amazon site and app. It is supposed to be better.

Amazon Prime Now ending by year end
Has anyone tried to use Prime Now to Dolphin Resort?

Do I have to be there to receive the order or they can deliver it to bell services? (It doesn't include alcohol)
I ask because this is not a Disney hotel. I've used Prime on Pop Century without any trouble but this is my first time on Dolphin.

Has anyone tried to use Prime Now to Dolphin Resort?

Do I have to be there to receive the order or they can deliver it to bell services? (It doesn't include alcohol)
I ask because this is not a Disney hotel. I've used Prime on Pop Century without any trouble but this is my first time on Dolphin.
You do need to be there to meet delivery. You'll have a time window and then text messages closer to the arrival time.

Question for anyone who has booked a costco package with tickets -- this may be a dumb question, but if we've already linked the tickets to My Disney Experience, there's no need to go to Will Call and pick up the actual tickets, right? I have an older magic band and since the tickets are linked to MDE, using my magic band to enter the park should be fine, right?

Good question. I'd like to know the same thing.

How tight is a Dolphin standard double room for a family of 5? I'm assuming with double beds, at least 2 people would be sleeping on an air mattress, and we have young kids, so we'd have a stroller to park somewhere at night too. We usually stay in the Epcot resort area, but since this would be an extra little trip next spring, we're trying to see if we can add in a trip fairly cheap. Since we have Marriott points we could just pay resort fee and parking for the trip, but watching videos on youtube, those rooms look super tight. Is it doable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter