• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are heading to the Dolphin next week, if I remember correctly the rooms do not have microwaves? I just wanted to confirm since it’s been a few years since we’ve stayed there. I’m trying to plan quick and easy meals for the kids to have in our room.
Correct, no microwaves. There is one in the Picabu restaurant for your use.

Does anyone take an Uber from the hotel back to the airport? We've got transportation to the hotel at the start of the trip, but nothing for the return. Do you think it's safe to rely on Uber for a very early flight?
I think you’ll be fine. You could also walk out and likely find a taxi out front as well.

I hope I can get the right numbers to link it, I guess I had better do it quite a bit before our 60 day mark, which is coming up in just a couple of weeks - just in case I run into problems. I don't know who I would call. Disney? The Swan? Southwest? Maybe it will be obvious.
Officially you should start with Southwest to get your proper confirmation number to link in MDE. Next up would be the Swan, I have always had luck with the Swan being able to provide to correct confirmation number by calling the hotel directly at 407-934-4000. If you have any issue with getting the number from the Swan, and you plan to make some ADRs, you can call the Disney Dining number (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. You just need to provide your last name, resort and dates of your visit. Finally last but not least you can call Disney at (407) 939-7765 for help linking your reservation in MDE.

The rooms are all complete in both resorts, correct?
Yes both resorts have complete their resort room renovations. The Swan started back in 2015 and the Dolphin followed. As I mentioned earlier only the Swan lobby is left and it starts tomorrow until Aug. 27. It really should not have any impact on your short visit.

Dave

I emailed Tony 3 days ago and still haven’t received a response. I wouldn’t cancel anything until you hear from him.
Make sure you have his gmail address and not yahoo. I copied it wrong and then changed it. He got back to me within an hour or so.

I apologize For posting this again but has anyone ever had experience with the SPG kids meal pass? I emailed the concierge for more details but they were very general in their response?

Also has anyone done amazon prime now for food? I know the S&D generally don’t allow deliveries but they made it sound like we could if we met the prime driver outside.

We are heading to the Dolphin next week, if I remember correctly the rooms do not have microwaves? I just wanted to confirm since it’s been a few years since we’ve stayed there. I’m trying to plan quick and easy meals for the kids to have in our room.
We stayed at the Swan in May and there wasn't a microwave in the room.

I had no idea about the smores kit until someone recently mentioned it. I totally get excited about the little things! Will this be in your room, do you have to pick it up somewhere? TELL ME SMORE! :D

Also has anyone done amazon prime now for food? I know the S&D generally don’t allow deliveries but they made it sound like we could if we met the prime driver outside.
From what I read, most people have done Prime without incident. However, if the driver doesn’t follow directions and drops it off at bell services you will be charged by the pound. Because I’m paranoid, I decided to try Dizzy Dolphin delivery for an upcoming trip. They meet you in the lobby for sure.
You may want to check them out or give Prime a whirl.
Good luck!

Make sure you have his gmail address and not yahoo. I copied it wrong and then changed it. He got back to me within an hour or so.
Thanks! It was his yahoo address. That was the one given on the web site. Could you tell me what his gmail address is?

We've used Amazon Prime One, no problems. You pick a 2 hour window (you can pick a one hour for a few dollars more) and they text you wen they are on the way. (Sort of like Uber/Lyft). When the driver was getting near, I just went to the lobby and met the delivery person. Worked well.

I apologize For posting this again but has anyone ever had experience with the SPG kids meal pass? I emailed the concierge for more details but they were very general in their response?
I've never seen anyone here discuss it. I think because it is too 'confining'. You are pretty much saying the kid/s is/are going to eat all meals at the resort, which in turn, sort of says you will be doing likewise. I have never seen comments on it here.

I've never seen anyone here discuss it. I think because it is too 'confining'. You are pretty much saying the kid/s is/are going to eat all meals at the resort, which in turn, sort of says you will be doing likewise. I have never seen comments on it here.
Thank you! That is the sense I got from the vague email I got from concierge. It would be nice if they would let you pick actual days to do it, but it sounds like an all of nothing deal. I'll post when we are back if I find it is different!

We've used Amazon Prime One, no problems. You pick a 2 hour window (you can pick a one hour for a few dollars more) and they text you wen they are on the way. (Sort of like Uber/Lyft). When the driver was getting near, I just went to the lobby and met the delivery person. Worked well.
Thank you for the reply. Does the hotel let you use the carts to bring stuff up?

I think you’ll be fine. You could also walk out and likely find a taxi out front as well.

CJK - I'd assume you'll be absolutely fine. MUCH money to be made by drivers down there, and they KNOW it. I'd assume it'd only be a few minute wait no matter how early.

Reactions: CJK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter