• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Okay, so I currently have Pop Century booked. I also booked Swan through hotels.com. My fastpass day is Monday. I have our tickets linked to us on MDE. Do I have to link the Swan reservation or can I just make our fastpasses with the Pop Century reservation and then cancel it after I make them? Also, is there any benefit of linking the Swan reservation after my fastpasses are booked? Thanks again!
You will want to have your Swan reservation linked in MDE to allow you to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours for Onsite guests. I would suggest that you get the Disney version of your confirmation number from Hotels.com. The initial on they provide will not link in MDE, you need to call. You have time before Monday, don't wait. If you have trouble with Hotels.com getting the correct confirmation number, you can always call the Swan directly to get the correct confirmation number that will work with MDE.

Swan - 407-934-4000 ( direct number to get Confirmation number to use for MDE ), Toll Free reservations number is 1-888-828-8850

Dave

You will want to have your Swan reservation linked in MDE to allow you to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours for Onsite guests. I would suggest that you get the Disney version of your confirmation number from Hotels.com. The initial on they provide will not link in MDE, you need to call. You have time before Monday, don't wait. If you have trouble with Hotels.com getting the correct confirmation number, you can always call the Swan directly to get the correct confirmation number that will work with MDE.

Swan - 407-934-4000 ( direct number to get Confirmation number to use for MDE ), Toll Free reservations number is 1-888-828-8850

Dave

Thanks Dave!!

If I'm looking for the Swan from 10/30-11/4, am I kidding myself that anything decent will pop up on PL/HW before my 60-day window for FP opens? I already do have it booked directly through SPG central reservations so I guess I can go ahead and buy my park tickets soon so I can start booking my FP reservations when my 60-day window opens, but will I lose those reservations if I then cancel my Swan reservation if something does pop up on PL/HW?

Wrong thread - sorry.

Last edited:
Looking for arrival day advice for the Crescent Lake area. My flight gets in at 6:30 pm, and I am rope dropping an 8am EMH at DHS the next day, so I don't want travel far from the hotel. I was thinking eating something light at Fuel or on the Boardwalk and getting some ice cream at Ample Hills, and maybe seeing some of the buskers on the boardwalk. Does anyone have any better ideas? Illuminations and the Star Wars show will both be at 9pm that night, is there a good viewing spot to see the higher fireworks from?

Looking for arrival day advice for the Crescent Lake area. My flight gets in at 6:30 pm, and I am rope dropping an 8am EMH at DHS the next day, so I don't want travel far from the hotel. I was thinking eating something light at Fuel or on the Boardwalk and getting some ice cream at Ample Hills, and maybe seeing some of the buskers on the boardwalk. Does anyone have any better ideas? Illuminations and the Star Wars show will both be at 9pm that night, is there a good viewing spot to see the higher fireworks from?

I don't know that you can beat the plan you just mentioned. I also like the il mulino lounge for a casual dinner close to "home". I have seen high fireworks a few times from the Boardwalk but am trying to remember where we were standing. Maybe the bridge between the Swan and the Boardwalk? Now I want ample hills and it's 8:40 in the morning!

Good plan - we LOVE Ample Hills ice cream :)
We did something similar last trip; ate take out pizza at the boardwalk, watched Illuminations from the bridge between BW and Epcot/BC and then went back to the boardwalk for ice cream and to see the entertainment.

You can also see the higher Star Wars fireworks fairly well from the walkway outside the quiet pool at the boardwalk, some of us did that another night while the others did EMH last April.

Hi everyone! We're (my DH, DS5 and DS8) looking into a quick 4 night trip in October for F&W, MNSSHP, and the Epcot passholders event, and the Swan and Dolphin are coming up as options on Southwest Airlines packages. This is by far the least expensive way to stay in the Epcot resort area - in fact it's the only way to stay in the Epcot resort area depending on what shows up on the Disney site at a particular time. I'm normally leery of booking through third party sites, but this makes the Swan roughly the same price as a value resort if I booked the flights and room separately, so it's very tempting! I stayed at the Dolphin once, years and years ago, so sadly I am realizing I don't know as much about staying at the S&D as opposed to Disney resorts as I thought I did. I read the first page of this thread, but haven't had time to read the rest, so i was hoping I could ask a few basic questions to help me decide if this is the route we want to go! Some of these I just want to confirm, some I honestly don't know :-)

1. Can we use Magical Express to the S&D?
2. Do they have resort airline check in for our bags?
3. Do Minnie Vans pick up from the S&D?
4. I know we can link to MDE for 60 day FPs, does anyone know how that works with SW airline packages? We really want to do TSL, so definitely need the 60 days!
5. I know they are doing major renovations, where are they with these? Is the Swan done? What are there impacts on guests?

Also, any other thoughts or advice appreciated. I'm definitely leaning this way, love to be in the Epcot area to be able to walk to 2 parks! TIA!

Can we use Magical Express to the S&D?
2. Do they have resort airline check in for our bags?
3. Do Minnie Vans pick up from the S&D?
4. I know we can link to MDE for 60 day FPs, does anyone know how that works with SW airline packages? We really want to do TSL, so definitely need the 60 days!
5. I know they are doing major renovations, where are they with these? Is the Swan done? What are there impacts on guests?

Also, any other thoughts or advice appreciated. I'm definitely leaning this way, love to be in the Epcot area to be able to walk to 2 parks! TIA!
Some quick answers:

1. No free transportation from or back to the Airport
2. No, no Airline checkin desk
3. Yes Minnine Vans drop and pickup at both as of May 8th this year.
4. As long as you get your reservation linked in MDE and you have valid ticket entitlements then FP+ at 60 day mark
5. Swan is done except for the Lobby which will be done this month Aug. 6 - 27. Dolphin is also finished.

Extra: No charging to your MB but you can still use your MB for tickets. Since they are "on-site" you get Extra Magic Hours. Both hotels have a Disney desk that has actual Disney CMs to help with any Disney related items. The ability to make 180+ ADR reservations is not supported but many of us have been able to make them.

Any other questions? BTW we love the Swan due to the bigger beds: Queens vs Doubles in the Dolphin.

Dave

1. Can we use Magical Express to the S&D? No
2. Do they have resort airline check in for our bags? No
3. Do Minnie Vans pick up from the S&D? Yes
4. I know we can link to MDE for 60 day FPs, does anyone know how that works with SW airline packages? We really want to do TSL, so definitely need the 60 days! If you are at S/D, you have 60 days
As far as I know, just the Swan lobby is being renovated

I've used S/D limo several times. Great service. Pick you up right in the terminal. They will do an 'unadvertised' grocery stop if needed. f you get either Bill or Angelo, please tell them I said hello.

And welcome to the dis and the S/D thread. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you!!!

I've used S/D limo several times. Great service. Pick you up right in the terminal. They will do an 'unadvertised' grocery stop if needed. f you get either Bill or Angelo, please tell them I said hello.

And welcome to the dis and the S/D thread. Enjoy your trip.

Dan, do you do that through the concierge services page? If so, how far in advance do you usually book it?

Dan, do you do that through the concierge services page? If so, how far in advance do you usually book it?
I did it through the concierge page online and they got right back to me... now debating whether to change it to Tony Hinds though!

Reactions: CJN
I did it through the concierge page online and they got right back to me... now debating whether to change it to Tony Hinds though!
I emailed Tony 3 days ago and still haven’t received a response. I wouldn’t cancel anything until you hear from him.

Some quick answers:

1. No free transportation from or back to the Airport
2. No, no Airline checkin desk
3. Yes Minnine Vans drop and pickup at both as of May 8th this year.
4. As long as you get your reservation linked in MDE and you have valid ticket entitlements then FP+ at 60 day mark
5. Swan is done except for the Lobby which will be done this month Aug. 6 - 27. Dolphin is also finished.

Extra: No charging to your MB but you can still use your MB for tickets. Since they are "on-site" you get Extra Magic Hours. Both hotels have a Disney desk that has actual Disney CMs to help with any Disney related items. The ability to make 180+ ADR reservations is not supported but many of us have been able to make them.

Any other questions? BTW we love the Swan due to the bigger beds: Queens vs Doubles in the Dolphin.

Dave

Thanks for the replies! Bummer about the magical express and RAC! We've always either had our own car, rented a car, or used DME. For this quick trip and with the parking fees I definitely don't want to rent a car, so if we go this route I guess I'll have to learn about ways to get to and from the airport and factor that cost in as well. There's always something new! Anyone with a quick ballpark on round trip cost from a company that would include a booster seat? Or recommendations?

I knew we could link a stay to MDE, I'm just wondering how that will work if we book a package through Southwest Airlines. I hope I can get the right numbers to link it, I guess I had better do it quite a bit before our 60 day mark, which is coming up in just a couple of weeks - just in case I run into problems. I don't know who I would call. Disney? The Swan? Southwest? Maybe it will be obvious.

I am leaning toward the Swan rather than the Dolphin because of the queen beds as well as the sink setup, plus it's a little cheaper and as an added bonus I've stayed at the Dolphin but not the Swan so I'll tick another box in resort stays. I do wish the renovations weren't going to involve the lobby, but since I seem to remember the Swan lobby as being small and unimpressive and this is a quick stay with lots of park time I don't think it will matter much anyway. The rooms are all complete in both resorts, correct? If not, that would probably make up my mind as to which one to stay at.

Does anyone take an Uber from the hotel back to the airport? We've got transportation to the hotel at the start of the trip, but nothing for the return. Do you think it's safe to rely on Uber for a very early flight?

We are heading to the Dolphin next week, if I remember correctly the rooms do not have microwaves? I just wanted to confirm since it’s been a few years since we’ve stayed there. I’m trying to plan quick and easy meals for the kids to have in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter