• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked the Swan for upcoming trip (just 1 night post cruise for the Disney Halloween Party). There is 4 of us. Then I switched to the Dolphin because I read that the Dolphin as the vanity is separate than the bathroom (which I prefer). But now I just heard that it is actually the Swan that has this. Can anyone confirm one way or the other.
The Dolphin has a sink/vanity outside the bathroom. The Swan has two sink/vanities...one in with the shower/tub and toilet, and one outside the bathroom.

The Dolphin has a sink/vanity outside the bathroom. The Swan has two sink/vanities...one in with the shower/tub and toilet, and one outside the bathroom.

I have had the Swan configuration (sink/vanity outside and inside bathroom) at The Dolphin as well. I have also had the sink vanity outside the bathroom as well.

I have had the Swan configuration (sink/vanity outside and inside bathroom) at The Dolphin as well. I have also had the sink vanity outside the bathroom as well.
The website states:

FULL BATH (ADDITIONAL PRIVATE VANITY IN SOME ROOMS)

However, it does not state if that configuration only occurs in certain room types at the Dolphin. It is certainly not the standard layout.

The website states:

However, it does not state if that configuration only occurs in certain room types at the Dolphin. It is certainly not the standard layout.

Agreed, not the standard, but the rooms are there with the configuration--we have had it more than once. On one occasion, it was a corner room, 8th floor overlooking the causeway and it had double balconies--front and side, very nice room (we had booked standard). The other occasion was just an exceptionally large room overlooking the pond but not on a wing. Both were king bed rooms in the west tower. These are just the two occasions that stand out, I'm pretty sure it has happened other stays as well.

Well, Dang it. Now will have to change back to Swan. Would rather for sure have Sink/Vanity outside as well as inside. (and having Queen over Double is better too). Need to change before August 1st as I am booked on points.

Well, Dang it. Now will have to change back to Swan. Would rather for sure have Sink/Vanity outside as well as inside. (and having Queen over Double is better too). Need to change before August 1st as I am booked on points.

I know August 1st is the date they’ve been telling us, but I just got an email that the date is now August 18 so we can use SPG.com through August 17. :confused3

On August 18 they are “planning a temporary outage” of their systems while they launch our “new member experience”.

I sure hope they’ve run the necessary tests and things go well on the 18th!

I know August 1st is the date they’ve been telling us, but I just got an email that the date is now August 18 so we can use SPG.com through August 17. :confused3

On August 18 they are “planning a temporary outage” of their systems while they launch our “new member experience”.

Just went in quick and booked the Swan and Cancelled the Dolphin. At least that is done now... Thanks everyone.

Hope the IT didn't take lessons from Disney on a roll out. . . :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

I got the message, too, but didn't read it, till your post called attention to it.

SPG_20180724__TBOPJuly_TN27289_27289_subhead01-en.gif

SPG_20180724__TBOPJuly_TN27289_27289_icon01.gif

TODAY THROUGH AUGUST 17
Maximize your redemption power.
• Check out the Free Night Award Chart and decide if you want to redeem before or after the new rates take effect.
• You can still transfer points between your Rewards and SPG® accounts through August 17.

SPG_20180724__TBOPJuly_TN27289_27289_icon02.gif

AUGUST 18
One program goes live.**
• Starpoints® are multiplied by three and will be called points.
• Start earning 10 points per US$1.***
• Enjoy new benefits and new Elite status levels.
• Redeem for stays with the new Free Night Award Chart.
First day to combine accounts.
• Combine your Rewards and SPG accounts into one to add up your points and Elite-nights balances. Then you’ll have one profile and one account going forward.

**We are planning a temporary outage of our systems and sites on
August 18 while we launch your new member experience.

EXPLORE ALL AUGUST UPDATES
SPG_20180724__TBOPJuly_TN27289_27289_icon04.gif

SPG_20180724__TBOPJuly_TN27289_27289_subhead02-en.gif

Starting August 18, use your new number or email address to log in. Your password will stay the same. No need to do anything: Your new number will be automatically applied to any existing reservations.

SPG_20180724__TBOPJuly_TN27289_27289_icon-card.gif
CREDIT CARD UPDATES.

The updates to the SPG® American Express Cards will go into effect on August 1, as previously communicated, but the one-time point conversion in SPG loyalty accounts and Elite status updates will occur along with the broader Marriott® loyalty program updates, taking place on August 18.

I got the message, too, but didn't read it, till your post called attention to it.

I only starting reading them recently%! I have 4 SPG reservations through a December and will admit I’m a bit nervous about what might happen! I have printed things regarding my reservations that I normally would not have wasted paper printing! :rolleyes1

Regarding the Dolphin rooms with the sinks outside of the bathroom- does anyone know if the balcony rooms have these?

About a week ago I used the concierge link on the Swandolphin page to ask them to link together two separate 1 day stays. I haven’t gotten a response email that I’ve heard of others getting quickly.
Should I do it again? Or should I call?

I am trying to plan some easy breakfasts in our room. Can the coffee maker be used to make hot water for Oatmeal or hot chocolate? We are not coffee drinkers so I am unfamiliar. Or is there a place at the Dolphin where I can get hot water? Thanks!

Question for the dolphin experts on this board :). If I booked 4 nights thru the travelocity special for November, what happens if we arrive a day late? I know the reservations are non refundable and non changeable. Since it is already paid for, will the whole reservation be cancelled if we show up a day late?

We are thinking of adding on a Disney Cruise, and our dolphin stay is wrong by one day - we want days 2-4! I am going to call them tomorrow, but would love to hear others experiences!

We are staying at the Dolphin in about 6 weeks, and I am starting to think about requesting a room. Our reservation is for a standard cheap room. My objective, as always, is to minimize walking. So I am interested in a room on the first or second floor, with the shortest possible walks to both the bus stop and the boat launch. I was looking for a map showing room numbers or wing names (like you can find for many Disney hotels). But I haven't been able to find them. Do any of you have suggestions for some blocks of room numbers that would meet my objectives, or suggest a place where I could find them?

We are staying at the Dolphin in about 6 weeks, and I am starting to think about requesting a room. Our reservation is for a standard cheap room. My objective, as always, is to minimize walking. So I am interested in a room on the first or second floor, with the shortest possible walks to both the bus stop and the boat launch. I was looking for a map showing room numbers or wing names (like you can find for many Disney hotels). But I haven't been able to find them. Do any of you have suggestions for some blocks of room numbers that would meet my objectives, or suggest a place where I could find them?

Request what you want through the concierge link in the same terms that you just used in your post.

I am trying to plan some easy breakfasts in our room. Can the coffee maker be used to make hot water for Oatmeal or hot chocolate?

Absolutely but there is always a risk of the faint taste of coffee. I would just run water through the coffee maker a few times to clean out any residue. The great thing about Swan/Dolphin is you get paper "to go" cups which seems perfect to take your oatmeal with you in the morning or not worry about making extra work for housekeeping in a mug!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter