• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not sure where would be the most appropriate place to post this question, but I'm in no hurry for an answer, so I'll start on this thread.

How worthwhile is it to buy Magic Bands if you're not getting them free? I don't have any--no such thing last time I was there. I realize I can't use one to charge back to my resort bill, but what about tickets and Fastpasses?

I bought 7 day park hoppers at Parksavers. (BTW, a great deal and you can goggle it or look on the Strategies and Attractions forum for more info.) So I can load the tickets into MDE, then use a Magic Band or paper ticket to get into the parks. For that reason alone, I'm tempted to buy an MB.

But what about Fastpasses? If you don't have MBs, do they scan your phone? Or what? How do they know you have a FP?

We stayed at the swan in December. My husband and I both got MBs but my parents didnt see the need. After a few days they wished they got them. you will use them at the gate to get into the parks. then you will use them for your fastpass entry. if you dont have one, you use your park ticket at the beginning and at the end of each ride you fastpass. so they had to pull them out twice for each ride that we used a fast pass. it was worth it to us to not have to pull out our tickets all day.

We stayed at the swan in December. My husband and I both got MBs but my parents didnt see the need. After a few days they wished they got them. you will use them at the gate to get into the parks. then you will use them for your fastpass entry. if you dont have one, you use your park ticket at the beginning and at the end of each ride you fastpass. so they had to pull them out twice for each ride that we used a fast pass. it was worth it to us to not have to pull out our tickets all day.

You had to use them at the end of rides with FP+? I don't remember having to do that in Feb 2015?

You had to use them at the end of rides with FP+? I don't remember having to do that in Feb 2015?[/

scan them when entering the fp line and then again at the end of the line before you merge back with the non fastpass line. not after the ride.

Thanks, guys, for your replies.

Ok, so I use my ticket for Fastpassing.

Something else I thought of--do MBs come in handy for EMH? If I put my ticket and Swan resort card into a lanyard, wouldn't that be as easy as using a Magic Band? FWIW I am not someone who likes to wear a watch.

I'm not sure where would be the most appropriate place to post this question, but I'm in no hurry for an answer, so I'll start on this thread.

How worthwhile is it to buy Magic Bands if you're not getting them free? I don't have any--no such thing last time I was there. I realize I can't use one to charge back to my resort bill, but what about tickets and Fastpasses?

I bought 7 day park hoppers at Parksavers. (BTW, a great deal and you can goggle it or look on the Strategies and Attractions forum for more info.) So I can load the tickets into MDE, then use a Magic Band or paper ticket to get into the parks. For that reason alone, I'm tempted to buy an MB.

But what about Fastpasses? If you don't have MBs, do they scan your phone? Or what? How do they know you have a FP?

I just want to clarify one thing for future readers here - there is no entry into the parks with "paper tickets". That may be semantics, but new tickets sold by Disney (and not an e-voucher or will call option) are on plastic RFID ticket cards. All ticket media is RFID now whether that is an RFID enabled plastic card or the magic bands being discussed here. There is no benefit to magic bands for Swan/Dolphin guests aside from the convenience of not pulling out the RFID ticket (and as discussed above, a lanyard can help with this "inconvenience").

If you do not have an RFID plastic ticket or a magic band already linked to your MDE account and you have paper tickets, whether they are old tyvek tickets or a voucher you received from third party ticket sellers, you must exchange the paper tickets for RFID media. You can either get a free plastic RFID ticket from guest services by exchanging your voucher or you can buy (or receive complimentary resort stay with your Disney hotel) magic bands. If you have old used RFID plastic tickets (check the back) that are already linked to My Disney Experience, you can link your voucher (say, from Parksavers) to MDE and then use your old ticket (which will now be your "new" ticket). The magic bands and RFID cards are just a physical representation of the electronic ticket linked to your MDE account. That is why you can interchange cards and Magic Bands. But you do have to have either a plastic card or a magic band, you can't just walk up to the tapstiles with your paper voucher.

I just want to clarify one thing for future readers here - there is no entry into the parks with "paper tickets". That may be semantics, but new tickets sold by Disney (and not an e-voucher or will call option) are on plastic RFID ticket cards. All ticket media is RFID now whether that is an RFID enabled plastic card or the magic bands being discussed here. There is no benefit to magic bands for Swan/Dolphin guests aside from the convenience of not pulling out the RFID ticket (and as discussed above, a lanyard can help with this "inconvenience").

If you do not have an RFID plastic ticket or a magic band already linked to your MDE account and you have paper tickets, whether they are old tyvek tickets or a voucher you received from third party ticket sellers, you must exchange the paper tickets for RFID media. You can either get a free plastic RFID ticket from guest services by exchanging your voucher or you can buy (or receive complimentary resort stay with your Disney hotel) magic bands. If you have old used RFID plastic tickets (check the back) that are already linked to My Disney Experience, you can link your voucher (say, from Parksavers) to MDE and then use your old ticket (which will now be your "new" ticket). The magic bands and RFID cards are just a physical representation of the electronic ticket linked to your MDE account. That is why you can interchange cards and Magic Bands. But you do have to have either a plastic card or a magic band, you can't just walk up to the tapstiles with your paper voucher.

1 more thing to add . . .

So the distinction is that the plastic RFID cards are a passive RFID. They do not work unless placed against a scanner where they complete an electric circuit. They do not offer any contact with interactive features in the park such as attraction videos or personalization at IASW. By contrast, a Magic Band includes this technology PLUS a battery operated (and limited lifetime) active RFID feature that theoretically can constantly interact with scanners as you proceed through the park. This allows for crowd monitoring, ride photos and videos automatically linking to your MDE, personlization, and who-knows-what to come. After the batteries die (approx 2 years, sometimes less), the MB reverts to solely the functionality of the RFID plastic ticket. For the average user, the difference is slight, but important. However, for the personal security freak that is my husband, the difference is gigantic.

Just did a 7 night stay at the Swan. Our stay was great, redone rooms looked nice, buses/boats were prompt, we didn't do much eating on property since we were at Disney all day/evening. My only issue was billing. I received an invoice via email on the morning of departure that had 3 charges to our room that we did not make. The front desk was happy to help and deducted the charges but when she printed out new bill it showed valet parking for the entire time instead of only 1 night, which was what he had. The original bill only had a charge for 1 night. She went back and a manager was able to clear it up. Anybody else have issues will billing errors there? We had very few charges to the room, so the ratio of errors seemed high.

Just did a 7 night stay at the Swan. Our stay was great, redone rooms looked nice, buses/boats were prompt, we didn't do much eating on property since we were at Disney all day/evening. My only issue was billing. I received an invoice via email on the morning of departure that had 3 charges to our room that we did not make. The front desk was happy to help and deducted the charges but when she printed out new bill it showed valet parking for the entire time instead of only 1 night, which was what he had. The original bill only had a charge for 1 night. She went back and a manager was able to clear it up. Anybody else have issues will billing errors there? We had very few charges to the room, so the ratio of errors seemed high.

We also had a similar problem when we checked out two weeks ago. The woman asked me during check in if we had a car and I told her we didn't. When we got our invoice the morning we checked out we had been charged $18 a day for parking. The front desk was happy to help take the charges off. I'm glad I checked the invoice closely. Otherwise, we were so happy with the Swan. It was our first stay there and can't wait to go back.

Fastpass is 60 days for whole trip, DR's are 180, but not the +10.
Just wanted to let everyone know that apparently ADRs ARE 180+10! I found that out the hard way this morning - I didn't check until 45 min after rez opened because I didn't want anything 180 days from TODAY... well lo & behold, I was able to search my whole trip, but 45 minutes late & **NOTHING** is available for parties of 5 during my trip. Darn Free Dining. I'm going to keep checking and hope I can snag some when people make changes!

Just wanted to let everyone know that apparently ADRs ARE 180+10! I found that out the hard way this morning - I didn't check until 45 min after rez opened because I didn't want anything 180 days from TODAY... well lo & behold, I was able to search my whole trip, but 45 minutes late & **NOTHING** is available for parties of 5 during my trip. Darn Free Dining. I'm going to keep checking and hope I can snag some when people make changes!
You're not the first person to report being able to do this. It seems to be a bit inconsistent/vague!

I'm finding the same thing. I just wanted a few sit down meals. I can't even get Garden Grove!

Maybe Garden Grove isn't available yet at all? I get a different message when I search GG than other restaurants. I'm hoping that's the case!

I just went on the Disney Swan dining webpage and can book the Garden Grove for the dates I want. I couldn't do it through "my Disney" app. So relieved that I'll be able to get some character dining for my kids after all.

I just went on the Disney Swan dining webpage and can book the Garden Grove for the dates I want. I couldn't do it through "my Disney" app. So relieved that I'll be able to get some character dining for my kids after all.

Eeek! Just did the same! Thanks so much!!!

(By the way, on mobile, I could only go out a couple months, but I was able to book in late November on my PC.)

I am going to the swan in about a month and was planning to ship things from amazon
have people been successful in shipping from amazon to the swan?
what is dress for shipping? do they charge for it?
thanks

I am going to the swan in about a month and was planning to ship things from amazon
have people been successful in shipping from amazon to the swan?
what is dress for shipping? do they charge for it?
thanks

My cousin does it every trip. She follows the instructions in the "Shipping to and from Disney resorts" stickey. I just sent her a text asking if there was a fee, but I'm 99% sure there was not.

http://disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter