• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone transferred luggage from Swan or Dolphin? We are staying 2 nights at Swan and then moving to the Poly. it dawned on me that we have ECV's and we're planning breakfast at Garden Grill then monorail to Poly, but can't do that with luggage. Taxi would be fine but then what about ECV's? Oi

Thanks Dan, it gets complicated when you have ECV's, We have only been able to get 1 of the 2 nights at Disney EPCOT resort, so got an excellent rate at Swan for both nights.

I got an email last night regarding my stay next week (woo!). It said that due to high occupancy, it would not be likely that they would have rooms available before official check in time. I'll probably get to Disney property between 12:30 and 1:00. Would you.. go straight to the park, leaving luggage in the trunk, or take a chance and check in, storing bags with the hotel if the room isn't ready?

I got an email last night regarding my stay next week (woo!). It said that due to high occupancy, it would not be likely that they would have rooms available before official check in time. I'll probably get to Disney property between 12:30 and 1:00. Would you.. go straight to the park, leaving luggage in the trunk, or take a chance and check in, storing bags with the hotel if the room isn't ready?
You'll need to check in to get your theme park parking pass anyway. I would just store the luggage. The valet will hold the luggage at the bell stand until you check in. Then you give the bellmen your ticket and they store it or bring it to your room.

Word here is that's a standard message they send to everyone.

You'll need to check in to get your theme park parking pass anyway. I would just store the luggage. The valet will hold the luggage at the bell stand until you check in. Then you give the bellmen your ticket and they store it or bring it to your room.

Word here is that's a standard message they send to everyone.

Ooh, I totally forgot about the parking pass. Thanks for saving me a headache! :)

Well ds 2 just informed me that he and his gf will be at the Swan May 7-14. Hmm, I guess he heard dh and I planning. He said he called about the 40% discount too and reservations said they knew nothing about it, hmm, seeing a pattern here, does anyone in reservations know about this deal???

well this is where it gets a little strange.....he said my parents jut got the deal etc. So she then and goes and looks up our reservation (He didnt ask her to do this). Then she sees the deal he is talking about. But I thought it was kind of strange to look up our reservation maybe just saying the same last name. I am glad no other info was given out because how does she know who she was really talking to...,.

and for anyones info she said that there is a limit of 4 booked days and then the 4 at 40% off, so 8 days total is the max for the offer if its available.

Now some questions for his info (If anyone knows the answers please comment)

1. Where is the closest place that has some gluten free snacks, Hess mini mart, somewhere on the boardwalk etc.

3. If anyone has taken the Mears shuttle from the airport approx. how many stops did it make before the Swan.

4. If going to Universal for a day, what option other than renting a car did you use and approx price?

Another question...
If you have done a massage at the Mandera Spa can you share your experience and was it worth the cost, TIA

Ds is thinking of this for his gf

Another question...
If you have done a massage at the Mandera Spa can you share your experience and was it worth the cost, TIA

Ds is thinking of this for his gf

Be sure to keep an eye on Groupon, Travelzoo, Living Social, etc. as sometimes the Mandara comes up as spa deals in Orlando. They're modest discounts by the time I see them usually (the deeper discounts and better packages seem to get snapped up fast) but any discount is better than no discount if this is something he is already planning to do for her.

I'm staying at the Swan using my annual pass discount. They told me I need to present my annual pass upon check in. Does anyone know if I have to activate the pass first, or if they'll accept the voucher I received in the mail?

Activation should not be required. If they were to give any kind of hassle (which I seriously doubt), you could show then the activated pass anytime during your stay.

Had the Asian ritual journey (?) last month...had groupon...about 40% off.
THey do want a printed copy of the groupon...but they used the app on my phone to print it there...they do ask you to bring the printed coupon with you though and I will the next time i go.
You must arrive 15 minutes before your appointment and you must make an appointment!
They also want to know your shoe size at time of appointment.
LOVED the steam shower oh my...
FYI: you are charged 20% gratituty on the FULL value of the service not the discounted price.
I enjoyed the service, its a wonderful decompression time...loved the tea room...you can sit inside or on the patio...VERY relaxing.

I am trying to book 2 nights with Starwood points at either the Swan or Dolphin. One night is available and one isn't. Does availability ever open up? We are going in August and most of the month has availability except for that one night.

Is the Swan or Dolphin better to stay at? Does it matter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter