• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World Resort Poll

Favorite Resort Hotels

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

Votes: 36 14.1%
  • Contemporary

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Yacht and Beach Club

Votes: 40 15.7%
  • BoardWalk Inn

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Riverside

Votes: 25 9.8%
  • Pop Century

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Wilderness Lodge

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 34 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My tastes are not that luxurious so though I love to visit the deluxe hotels I love to stay at a moderate. POR Riverside is my ideal hotel and I particularly love the Alligator Bayou section.

I have never stayed at AKL, but it is my favorite and the goal for next year because it offers a unique experience in addition to the regular Disney Magic.

We have stayed at all of those places you listed except for Pop Century. I voted for Poly because that has been our favorite over recent years, but we just stayed at Grand Floridian last month and that has sprung right up there at the top. Beach Club was our favorite for many, many years before Poly. So my 3 loves in order as of right now: Poly, GF, BC.

I voted for Wilderness Lodge but Animal Kingdom Lodge is a very close second. I also loved the Poly but we have not stayed there since the lobby makeover. Hope to someday return to the Poly and check it out.

My family has a 3 way tie: Yacht & Beach Club, AKL and WL
WL: because we were one of the first families to stay there when it first opened and it was the longest trip we ever stayed (14 days)
Y & BC: food, location especially during the food and wine festival and the pool of course!
AKL: We were blown away at this spot. IMO this is the most relaxing resort I have ever stayed at in Disney. I can crazily say that when I stay here and if I don't go to any parks, I'm ok with it!

I love the Poly, but for sheer convenience of transport to and from the MK the Contemporary wins every single time. I don't mind a one-stop ride and transfer at the TTC to go to Epcot or MGM (we go through Epcot and walk to MGM) when I can leave the MK and head back to the Contemporary without having to deal with a mob.

I voted Yacht & Beach Club, but like AKL too. I never understood the Poly love; we have wandered around it, but it doesn't excite me. (We always stay at Universal's Royal Pacific though.) I would like to stay at Grand Floridian but cannot bring myself to spend that much money on a room.

I LOVE both lodges and have stayed at both many times! I got to stay at Disney's Wilderness Lodge for New Years and it was awesome!

POFQ, the pretty, quaint and charming little resort that has become my WDW home away from home.

DH and I love Beach Club with AKL being second. For our kids its reversed- their first is AKL, second is BC.

We have mainly been a value resort family for our trips with Pop being our favorite. DW and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in September and we are looking forward to our first stay at CBR. :smickey: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter