Wallet/Pouch for under clothes??

Tink-n-MrIncredible

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I know the title of this thread sounds funny. I am trying to find out what they are called. A while back, I remember reading on the DIS about a pouch/holder that people used under their clothes when they went on trips (mainly out the country). I think it straped around your chest. They could keep money, cc's and other items in it to deter thef. Does anyone know the name of this item? TIA

This one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PWLROQ/ref=wms_ohs_product

I have this one, and have used in on several vacations. It's silk (but durable) so it doesn't make you sweat like a polyester one would. The strap is VERY long (seriously, it would probably fit a 400 lb person). However, it is easily trimmed with a pair of scissors, since the edges sewn anyway. Also, it has 2 separate pockets, while some only have 1 large pockets.

Target sells some nice ones near the suitcases. They are a softer.flexible fabric. about $10

I have this one, and have used in on several vacations. It's silk (but durable) so it doesn't make you sweat like a polyester one would. The strap is VERY long (seriously, it would probably fit a 400 lb person). However, it is easily trimmed with a pair of scissors, since the edges sewn anyway. Also, it has 2 separate pockets, while some only have 1 large pockets.

Sherry, will a few passports fit?

If you are female, the one that goes around your neck is far easier at restroom breaks. (Just saying...)

CTrumble yes I am female. Thanks for that information. Does the strap around your neck bother you? I was just thinking it would get annoying having something around my neck, especially if I would sweat.

I got them last year at Walmart. Where they have luggage tags and things like that. They worked great.
We just wore them around our neck. They held ID, room key, money, fast pass anything like that.
Yes, you could spot that we were tourist a mile away!!! No purse was what I was going for!!

Depending on where you're going, the type that go around your neck might not be a good idea. If it's an area with a lot of pickpockets, those are relatively easy to steal.

Depending on where you're going, the type that go around your neck might not be a good idea. If it's an area with a lot of pickpockets, those are relatively easy to steal.

I will be on a cruise. This will be used when we go into port. I think I would feel safe with the items on my person and not in any type of handbag/purse. Also, I am up for any other ideas or suggestions.

This is the exact money belt I used when I went to Europe! It is an excellent choice! :)

Thanks for the link. I am looking for something that can hold passports. This bag does not look like it will stretch that much.
On a cruise you show your passport to the ship personnel when you go through check-in . . . at after that point, you need only need your ship ID to come and go from the ship. They don't check your passport over and over again. When you stop at an island, the ship's personnel will run your ship ID through a machine, which will "log you off the ship" and when you return, they'll run your card through again. You won't need your passport again until you are ready to leave the ship and return to the US. At that point, US Customs will look at your passport.

The bottom line: You won't be needing your passport for island stops, and taking it off the ship just gives you a chance to lose it. Worst of all, if a pickpocket does manage to get your passport, it will be a problem for perhaps the rest of your life, as the pickpocket will certainly sell it to someone who will use it to enter the US illegally.

Taking your passport off the ship is both dangerous and cumbersome. Even with caution, it can be lost or pickpocketed, and then you're in trouble because you can't go through US customs. Also, if you're taking part in any water activities, you'll have to worry about the passports being damaged (I don't know why they don't go to a laminated card, so this wouldn't be a problem -- the old-fashioned paper books are archaic). I personally know someone who lost her passports in a taxi; she wasn't drinking, isn't a flighty idiot who can't keep up with things . . . but she took a moment in the taxi to arrange things in her shopping bag, and in that moment she set her passports to the side, and they slipped down between the seats. You have LITTLE CONTROL over whether a pickpocket chooses you, or whether you make a small mistake with big consequences.

Some people will warn you that if you are left behind by the ship, you'll need your passport to fly home. I'd suggest that you don't miss the ship. They tell you exactly what time the ship will sail -- it's printed at the top of the newsletter you'll receive on your pillow every night -- and as long as you don't cut it too close, you're going to be fine. Even if you should have an accident of some sort in your few hours ashore, you're probably going to prefer to get back to the ship and seek medical treatment there rather than seek out help on an island. You should wear a watch and understand the difference between ship time and island time. You should have cash in your pocket for a cab, if your plans should go awry or if someone is having trouble walking back to the pier. Most of all, you should plan to be back at least a full hour before the ship sails. But you have TREMENDOUS CONTROL over whether you get back to the ship on time. Most people who get left behind are actually at the pier in plenty of time to board, but they say to themselves, "I have an hour before I need to board. I'm going to drink a couple cheap beers, or I'm going to shop a bit" . . . and suddenly that hour has slipped by, and they're only a couple hundred yards from the ship as it leaves. If you don't make foolish choices, your chances of being left behind are essentially nil.

So, really, if you're looking for this product JUST for your passport, reconsider that choice altogether.

On a cruise you show your passport to the ship personnel when you go through check-in . . . at after that point, you need only need your ship ID to come and go from the ship. They don't check your passport over and over again. When you stop at an island, the ship's personnel will run your ship ID through a machine, which will "log you off the ship" and when you return, they'll run your card through again. You won't need your passport again until you are ready to leave the ship and return to the US. At that point, US Customs will look at your passport.

The bottom line: You won't be needing your passport for island stops, and taking it off the ship just gives you a chance to lose it. Worst of all, if a pickpocket does manage to get your passport, it will be a problem for perhaps the rest of your life, as the pickpocket will certainly sell it to someone who will use it to enter the US illegally.

Taking your passport off the ship is both dangerous and cumbersome. Even with caution, it can be lost or pickpocketed, and then you're in trouble because you can't go through US customs. Also, if you're taking part in any water activities, you'll have to worry about the passports being damaged (I don't know why they don't go to a laminated card, so this wouldn't be a problem -- the old-fashioned paper books are archaic). I personally know someone who lost her passports in a taxi; she wasn't drinking, isn't a flighty idiot who can't keep up with things . . . but she took a moment in the taxi to arrange things in her shopping bag, and in that moment she set her passports to the side, and they slipped down between the seats. You have LITTLE CONTROL over whether a pickpocket chooses you, or whether you make a small mistake with big consequences.

Some people will warn you that if you are left behind by the ship, you'll need your passport to fly home. I'd suggest that you don't miss the ship. They tell you exactly what time the ship will sail -- it's printed at the top of the newsletter you'll receive on your pillow every night -- and as long as you don't cut it too close, you're going to be fine. Even if you should have an accident of some sort in your few hours ashore, you're probably going to prefer to get back to the ship and seek medical treatment there rather than seek out help on an island. You should wear a watch and understand the difference between ship time and island time. You should have cash in your pocket for a cab, if your plans should go awry or if someone is having trouble walking back to the pier. Most of all, you should plan to be back at least a full hour before the ship sails. But you have TREMENDOUS CONTROL over whether you get back to the ship on time. Most people who get left behind are actually at the pier in plenty of time to board, but they say to themselves, "I have an hour before I need to board. I'm going to drink a couple cheap beers, or I'm going to shop a bit" . . . and suddenly that hour has slipped by, and they're only a couple hundred yards from the ship as it leaves. If you don't make foolish choices, your chances of being left behind are essentially nil.

So, really, if you're looking for this product JUST for your passport, reconsider that choice altogether.

We have been told you should leave your passports and a credit card in your room safe. When a ship knows they are leaving those in say cabin 7011 behind, they send someone to check the safe and will leave passport, credit card, whatever with the port agent listed on the map they give as you leave in each port.
I was at the travel guide's table which is next to guest relations and overheard a mom yelling at the rep. Her college age kids were not back and the ship was leaving without them. She was told she had 10 minutes to gather whatever she wanted left for them. The travel guide told me they leave people in ports every sailing.
We were in St. Thomas and if we waited, the ship next to us could not leave.

For the OP, we do not worry in the Caribbean except Jamaica. Alaska, Hawaii, and Bermuda are fine. If you are going to Europe, pickpockets are a big concern. I even like these when on a long flight where I might sleep.

We have been told you should leave your passports and a credit card in your room safe. When a ship knows they are leaving those in say cabin 7011 behind, they send someone to check the safe and will leave passport, credit card, whatever with the port agent listed on the map they give as you leave in each port.
I was at the travel guide's table which is next to guest relations and overheard a mom yelling at the rep. Her college age kids were not back and the ship was leaving without them. She was told she had 10 minutes to gather whatever she wanted left for them. The travel guide told me they leave people in ports every sailing.
We were in St. Thomas and if we waited, the ship next to us could not leave.

For the OP, we do not worry in the Caribbean except Jamaica. Alaska, Hawaii, and Bermuda are fine. If you are going to Europe, pickpockets are a big concern. I even like these when on a long flight where I might sleep.

Thank you both for the replies. I have never been on a cruise before. I thought that I needed my passport when I went off the boat. Thanks for the info. I guess I do not need the secret wallet after all. Thanks to everyone who has replied.

Depending on where you're going, the type that go around your neck might not be a good idea. If it's an area with a lot of pickpockets, those are relatively easy to steall.

If it's around your neck and under your clothing, how is it easy to steal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter