Walking Shoes for Parks

Many brands actually has the ability to order customized shoes that lets you have mismatched sizes. I don't recall it being cheaper but It might cheaper than 2 pairs. check the website of the brand he likes.
Thanks. I have checked. Brooks and New Balance don't offer it. Nordstroms has a mismatched size plan, but will only accommodate different lengths, not different widths.

I haven't figured out what to do with all these odd shoes that will never be worn.

Thanks. I have checked. Brooks and New Balance don't offer it. Nordstroms has a mismatched size plan, but will only accommodate different lengths, not different widths.

I haven't figured out what to do with all these odd shoes that will never be worn.

I'd write the companies that make the shoes to see if they can offer something as far as buying just 1 pair of mismatched widths. Sometimes it's just as simple as asking.

my quick thoughts on the shoes are maybe some artist can use them and a lot on ebay for dirt cheap can find a buyer. maybe a local charity or church can help you find them homes. what about zoos? do they use sneakers for enrichment items in animal cages / toys or does that cross the line of teaching them to eat peoples feet? I'd at least ask.. many charities take stuff they don't need because they have a deal to sell it to someone else so ask around.

I wore sketchers last march and never had any foot pains. So I bought another pair for our upcoming trip. Most comfortable shoe I've ever worn. The memory foam is where it's at. Only problem is they are not very water proof or at least the ones I get.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.PNG
    IMG_0100.PNG
    222.8 KB · Views: 19
Just back and this was the first trip wearing Keen sandals. My feet never hurt a bit and they were comfortable and cool. I also had plantar fasciitis and had no problems.
I have worn Keen sandals for the past few trips as well and never had a problem. This trip I plan on alternating those with my new Sketchers gorun 4's with the yoga mat inside along with a gel insert to boot! I'm all about those feet. My problem is that the pads on my toes are so soft that they instantly blister even with socks etc...I take lots of moleskin!

My husband and I are planning on wearing our nike sneakers. Thats what we wore last trip and it worked out well!

I bought Sketchers Go Walk specifically for my WDW trip and they were awesome. Just make sure you buy months ahead of time so you have a chance to break them in. They are very breathable and you can often go sock-less and still be super comfortable.

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and started using Birkenstock cork inserts in my New Balance and Keen shoes and have not had any problems since. They are phenomenal. They aren't cheap (about $60/pr) but DW and I were in Germany last year and we stocked up on extra pairs!

I'm good with Tevas, sandals, and Nike Fitsoles - for us it's all about changing shoes midday. We always take a break and I need to change the pressure points on my feet. I never wear the same shoes all day.

Crocs. Switching from sneakers with socks to Crocs for me made the parks phenomenally easier in terms of sore feet/legs and overall tiredness. I alternate between Crocs flips and Crocs sandals, including in winter, and I'm usually a 10-miler-a-day. (I'll bring a pair of sneakers with socks for one or two cold winter days.)

I am a firm believer in Tevas and Chacos. I cannot stand socks/tennis shoes, especially in the Florida heat. I have worn a pair of Thera Flops that served me well, too.

I live in my Naot/Birkenstock sandals or if the day calls for it Asics runners! Contrary to many of the above, the one time I tried to do some serious walking in sketchers my feet could not handle it.

I go asics with good support such as the Kayano 22 series.
Also have worn keen Sandals as well with no issues.
Always always use body glide anti chafing cream with any shoe though.
Body glide is the best insurance you can buy.

I wear keeps and new balance flip flops all summer long, well as soon as it is warm enough, so that's my go to shoe.

I could not wear sneakers as we go to Disney in the summer and my feet would be hot. My kids are not allowed sneakers either unless they have no plans to get wet!

I would wear whatever your feet are used to and comfortable with. What is good for one may not be good for another.

My recommendation isn't brand, but to take multiple pairs so you can switch them out. I usually take three different pair: sneaker/walking shoes, and a couple different styles of slip on walking sandals.

I've been wondering about this, too. I wasn't sure if sneakers would be too hot to wear for long periods in Florida, but it seems lots of people go the sneaker route?

I have bad feet and am extremely hard to fit. I'm severely pronated with a wide toebox, narrow heel, and high instep. I alternate between various Dansko sandals and Clark hiking sandals. Like others mentioned, I think switching between different shoes really helps.

I switch between two pairs of Nike running shoes in the parks. No shoe is so good that wearing them daily and putting all that walking mileage in won't hurt your feet without a change up

Vasque Mantra 2.0 GTX hiking shoe. I've owned three pair. Simply the best shoe I've ever owned. First pair went to WDW direct from the box to the plane, no break in period. An extremely superior product, highly recommend.

I switch between two pairs of Nike running shoes in the parks. No shoe is so good that wearing them daily and putting all that walking mileage in won't hurt your feet without a change up

Except the VASQUE Mantra 2.0 GTX, which I have worn all day, everyday, all year long for 3 1/2 years...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter