Walking necessary for a GV during the holidays?

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
I've never attempted to walk a reservation before, and we are usually booking a 1 or 2 BR but we're hoping to stay in an AK GV between Christmas and New Years (our home resort) with extended family. Is there somewhere that shows when those typically book up so I can figure out if walking is something I should try this time? I'm concerned, esp with Christmas on a Monday, that they might be all booked up for our dates.

Thanks in advance!

Kidani savanna view GVs: have thus far never filled on or before 11 months out for any time during Christmas week through New Year's.

Kidani standard view GVs (of which there are only two): were open through Jan 1, 2017 during Christmas week if booking exactly 11 months out at any time during the day, and start date was before Dec 28, 2016; however, Dec 28 through 31 filled before 9 a.m. eastern on Jan 28, 2016.

Jambo GV's: were open through Jan 1, 2017 during Christmas week if booking exactly 11 months out at any time during the day, and start date was before Dec 29, 2016. On Jan 29, before 9 a.m., they filled for Dec 29 through 31.

Wow!! That is fantastic information! Don't know how you did it, but that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for!! :worship::worship::worship: Also, I completely forgot that Jambo is an option for us too, so now I need to compare the two options. :flower1:

Great comparison!!! Hmm. Will have to think about it, because having the game room and larger table at Jambo would be great, but I'm sure the college aged kids who are getting stuck with the pullout sofa would appreciate having the separate area at Kidani rather than being in the main living area, esp in the mornings when we will be up early and they will want to sleep in. Again, very helpful information!:flower1:

Kidani savanna view GVs: have thus far never filled on or before 11 months out for any time during Christmas week through New Year's.

Kidani standard view GVs (of which there are only two): were open through Jan 1, 2017 during Christmas week if booking exactly 11 months out at any time during the day, and start date was before Dec 28, 2016; however, Dec 28 through 31 filled before 9 a.m. eastern on Jan 28, 2016.

Jambo GV's: were open through Jan 1, 2017 during Christmas week if booking exactly 11 months out at any time during the day, and start date was before Dec 29, 2016. On Jan 29, before 9 a.m., they filled for Dec 29 through 31.

I knew you'd know the answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter