Walk in and res question

bribugg13

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever just walked in and wait-listed for a character dining? I imagine the wait would be an hour+, but is it doable? Just figuring out my options if I don't get an ADR before October! :)

Also, we have 4 adults, one child, and a baby in a highchair. Do we need a reservation for 5 or 6, and do you think that would make a difference for searching reservations?

Thanks! :wizard:

Disney does not keep a wait list as most people think of it. They either have space for you or they don't. If you can't find an ADR ahead of time your best shot would be to go to the restaurant right at opening, or a bit before, and asking if you can be accommodated.

It's worth knowing you can now make ADRs via the app up to 20 minutes before they happen, so if you have a smartphone, and can keep an eye on MDE, you may find something opens up you can grab (if you don't manage to grab one before you leave for your trip).

Where are you looking for a reservation at? :)

It's worth knowing you can now make ADRs via the app up to 20 minutes before they happen, so if you have a smartphone, and can keep an eye on MDE, you may find something opens up you can grab (if you don't manage to grab one before you leave for your trip). Where are you looking for a reservation at? :)

I'm definitely keeping an eye out. I've already started checking 5+ times a day lol. I mostly want an ADR character breakfast or lunch with Mickey and/or disney jr characters at Hollywood & vine. So chef Mickey, ohana, and tusker house are at the top of my list!

I have been to a few non character places that told us they were booked for the evening and had no wait list. I suppose it just depends on the restaurant. Keep checking for openings, fingers crossed something opens up for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter