• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Walk from Cabana Bay to parks?

Ok, I did some rough numbers for your walking pleasure.

These are rough numbers and can give or take some feet.:-)

US ending point is center gate turnstile.
IOA ending point is center gate turnstile.

CBR
Starting point at corner of CBR property

Walking to IOA 3653 ft
Walking to US 4628 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to IOA 1945 ft
Walking from shuttle bus to US 1995 ft

RPR
Starting point at pool exit by volleyball beach.

Walking to IOA 2182 ft
Walking to US 3173 ft

HRH
Starting point at pool gate.

Walking to US 1295 ft
Walking to IOA 2313 ft

PBH
Starting point at boat dock.

Walking to US 3945 ft
Walking to IO 4935 ft

PBH Short cut through HRH parking lot and Universal Blvd crossover.
Starting point at boat dock.

Walking to US 2843 ft
Walking to IOA 3824 ft

From CW water taxi
Starting point at center of CW boat dock.

Walking to US 830 ft
Walking to IOA 993 ft

Thanks for running more exact numbers. I've done quick looks on mapmyrun before for a couple of them. With Cabana Bay, you need to add about 900ft if you're starting at the bus stop and trying to decide between the 2 forms of transportation. So, taking the bus to IOA would require 3653+900-1994 or 2,559 ft less walking over taking the bus. If you walked at an extremely casual 18-20 minute mile, the bus line would need to be 9-10 minutes long for it to make sense to take walk from a time perspective (13-14 minute for USF).

Bluer, are you an engineer? Your thoroughness and attention to accuracy has me guessing. :idea:

Bluer, are you an engineer? Your thoroughness and attention to accuracy has me guessing. :idea:

No but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night! :rolleyes1

No all serious its my OCD that gets to me. :sad2:

Is there a map that shows the walkway, how long it is etc? Who has done this? I am thinking about a split stay this christmas 3 days at RP and 3 days there, but haven't really heard too much about the walking distance. I'm not fond of shuttles.

double linda, if you will be at the darkside prior to christmas day, do that portion at Cbay.
once it is the 25th, the parks are packed, just like they are at the motherland.
the unlimited usage of the express lines will be very much welcomed once the huge crowds begin which run 12/25 thru new years day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter