• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walgreens Orlando- Will Uber work for drive through??

Minnie84

Mouseketeer
We have BeeperMD booked to get our tests done to return to Canada for our upcoming trip in January. Based on recent comments from our fellow Canadians, I'm a little concerned about BeeperMD showing up on time. Can we Uber or Lyft through the Walgreens test site or do you need a rental car? I know I read this somewhere on here, but I cant find it now. I feel like I read about mears taxi taking people through? Just trying to figure out plan B now if BeeperMD isnt going to be able to keep up with demand.

It seemed to me that as soon as you enter walgreens in the uber app a pop up will appear for drive thru covid test. This happened when we went to schedule a ride.

I just tried a mock booking for Uber and don’t get the Drive Thru pop up. Is anyone else able to see it?

What happens when you get to Walgreens? Is there an actual drive thru? I thought from another post,you wait in the parking lot until a staff member comes out to do the test. I'm thinking of the one on SR535 near Disney Springs. Do you have to phone them to tell them you're there.

The Walgreens I went to had an actual drive thru. We pulled up, they asked for my info - we arrived a bit early. They asked us to wait about 5-10 minutes and come back thru the drive thru. They give you the swab, you do the circle your nose thing. You give it back. Within 45 minutes I had an email with a link to my results.

We pulled up to the Walgreens drive thru window in an Uber. Our driver didn't speak English so he opened the back window where my daughter and I were sitting. We were about 10 minutes early but they handed the tests through the window. We had back to back appointments. Did the swabs while sitting in the drive thru lane.

We got tested (ID Now) at the Walgreens just north of Universal Orlando on Kirkman today. It was done at the regular drive thru, couldn’t have been easier, just showed our online confirmation and drivers licences, had results via email within a half hour.

We were at Hard Rock and used their car service. Concierge desk booked it for us. If I were using a taxi service I’d use Mears. They’re reliable. There are many “gypsy” cabs in Orlando so I would just use Mears.
Im not sure about Uber. I took Uber to go to grocery store and asked driver if he did drive thru test and he said no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter