Waitlisting newbie!

Mickeygolf

DIS Veteran
As long as we've been DVC owners we've never waitlisted. But I'm throwing this trip together for my daughter and me and we didn't have our normal time to plan our trip.

I currently have all 4 days I want at my home resort of OKW. The first day and last day are not near hospitality house categories but my middle two days are. Of course I'd like to have all 4 days with the near-hospitality house booking category. I have the first and last day waitlisted for that.

My questions are:
1. is this a reasonable expectation that this would come through?
2. if it doesn't come through what are my chances that I can get the 4 put into the near-hospitality booking when I arrive on the first day?

I realize they don't have to and maybe they won't be able to but was wondering if anyone had luck with this in the past.

Travel dates are 3/12 - 3/16/17. I know, Spring Break:scared:

Welcome to waitlisting! I hope you get it come through but I would not count on it. That's the secret with the waitlist I don't ever get my hopes up. If it is a busy time. You are waiting for somebody else to cancel plus you don't know where you are on the list. Did you do the nights as two separate waitlist as they are not two nights together?

I did them as two separate nights. So if they don't come through (which I can understand) what are the chances they'll link them together anyway when we get there? I have no problem switching rooms since it's just the two of us, but would be great to get one room and stay put:)

2. if it doesn't come through what are my chances that I can get the 4 put into the near-hospitality booking when I arrive on the first day?
If they do this, it could result in someone that booked the near-hospitality area getting booted out of that category.

But they would never let that happen. They're not going to bump someone from their confirmed category booking, or at least I've never heard of that happening before. I was more wondering because I'm sure they have so many they've held for cash bookings that don't have category booking. No biggie either way, we're fine if we have to check out and back in. Just didn't know if people had any good experiences keeping the same room in that situation. Thanks for your replies!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter