Waitlist success!

earfulofmagic

cranking out magic and assembly line whimsy
Woohoo! Just got the email that my waitlist came through for an AKV value studio on a weekend (Fri & Sat night) in January 2023. Placed this waitlist a couple days ago and am surprised it filled :worship: Using up the exact number of points I had left... to borrow from 2023 UY :rolleyes1

A few months back, I had a waitlist request come through for Poly standard studio, 2 nights (Thanksgiving and Black Friday 2022). That one I was surprised by as it was my first waitlist request :)
Have had some great luck stalking too (honestly better luck than the waitlist requests, I think).

Anyone have any waitlist success stories they thought would be unlikely?

My waitlist for OKW grand villa for 3 nights in late October came through yesterday. Really didn’t expect that especially since I only put it in a few weeks ago. We were going to be at the treehouse villas so the extra beds and bathrooms for not many more points is great.

Woohoo! Just got the email that my waitlist came through for an AKV value studio on a weekend (Fri & Sat night) in January 2023. Placed this waitlist a couple days ago and am surprised it filled :worship: Using up the exact number of points I had left... to borrow from 2023 UY :rolleyes1

A few months back, I had a waitlist request come through for Poly standard studio, 2 nights (Thanksgiving and Black Friday 2022). That one I was surprised by as it was my first waitlist request :)
Have had some great luck stalking too (honestly better luck than the waitlist requests, I think).

Anyone have any waitlist success stories they thought would be unlikely?
You found the Golden Unicorn that lays Golden Eggs, that's hidden in the haystack..... :D
I have yet to acquire AKL Value or Club Level, but just bought AKL points in 2020, so I'm hoping it will happen in the not too distant future.
Congratulations!

Our WL for a Treehouse at SSR came through. It is so much better to not have to have anyone sleep in the living room. I just wish they were the same points cost as a 2BR like they used to be .

Our WL for a Treehouse at SSR came through. It is so much better to not have to have anyone sleep in the living room. I just wish they were the same points cost as a 2BR like they used to be .
Maybe you got javaj’s tree house when her GF waitlist filled 😂
My waitlist for OKW grand villa for 3 nights in late October came through yesterday. Really didn’t expect that especially since I only put it in a few weeks ago. We were going to be at the treehouse villas so the extra beds and bathrooms for not many more points is great.

We love the Waitlist process. In 12 years of DVC we age batting a > 90% success rate. Of course we are retired so we have a lot of flexibility on our dates. Waitlist + Stalking = Happiness.

You basically just keep doing searches on your dates to try to grab the rooms before the waitlist or anyone else does.

Total noob here.

Follow up question about stalking vs waitlist - if there’s a waitlist, does that get filled automatically when availability becomes available?

I’m a little confused about how stalking could work. In my mind, I would think popular resorts always have a waitlist, so wouldn’t the booking system automatically fill those waitlists before someone could manually stalk it?

No one truly knows how waitlists work, there have been times that I have stalked the site to pick up a room I had waitlisted, but there's been others where I've stalked and never seen it, but then my waitlist comes through.

Total noob here.

Follow up question about stalking vs waitlist - if there’s a waitlist, does that get filled automatically when availability becomes available?

I’m a little confused about how stalking could work. In my mind, I would think popular resorts always have a waitlist, so wouldn’t the booking system automatically fill those waitlists before someone could manually stalk it?
The system grabs the room and the waitlist disappears from your dashboard. Then a day or two later a human actually pulls the points and does it. If there's an issue, like they are confused what points to use, sometimes they will call.

The system grabs the room and the waitlist disappears from your dashboard. Then a day or two later a human actually pulls the points and does it. If there's an issue, like they are confused what points to use, sometimes they will call.
Mine have never disappeared from my dashboard when matched. It only disappears when processed by a CM.

Total noob here.

No one knows how often the system scans for waitlists matches. I think it’s a lot, based on my own experiences, but no one knows for sure.

One problem with it is that one can have a match and have it not processed but the system doesn’t tell you that.

Several times I have gotten rooms by stalking, only to cancel the waitlist and have another one up as soon as I did. It’s happened too often to be a coincidence. In all those cases, it seems like what I had snagged was an additional room.

But, I have canceled and have rooms show up right away and other times they did not.

So, doing both gives the best odds.

Mine have never disappeared from my dashboard when matched. It only disappears when processed by a CM.

I think ideally that is what happens. I've logged in in between a couple times, and it disappeared because it was in the queue to be processed. Maybe that's an hour. Maybe that's a couple days.

Congrats! My youngest DD and family decided to come to Aulani with us (me and oldest DD and family) in January. I made the original reservation as an OV dedicated 2 bdrm now with 4 more people coming it would work out much better as a lock-off. I called yesterday to add them to the reservation and see about the lock-off but had to be waitlisted. It seems like it would be an easy request as I'm sure there is someone out there that got a lock-off because the dedicated units were all booked. I was not optimistic it would work out, but this thread has me feeling more positive about my chances. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter