Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

The economy was in the thick of the Great Recession when VGC and BLT hit the market and both resorts sold out in just 1.5 and 3 years respectively. I’m not sure if a “possible“ recession will have any impact to VDH pricing sometime next year. My guess is $215pp base with VGF2 like incentives.
It's not "possible"; it's technically already a recession...and I thought the numbers were down in the last sales report?

It's not "possible"; it's technically already a recession...and I thought the numbers were down in the last sales report?
I don’t disagree. The current recession doesn’t compare to the Great Recession and Disney had no issues selling out new resorts then. My point was that I don’t believe Disney will need to provide deep incentives to sell VDH with the anticipated demand so high.

I don’t disagree. The current recession doesn’t compare to the Great Recession and Disney had no issues selling out new resorts then. My point was that I don’t believe Disney will need to provide deep incentives to sell VDH with the anticipated demand so high.

I picked an incentive discount range between RVA and VGF as this is likely to have resale restrictions and that seems to make some people less likely to buy (vs VGF without them). If this launches without them, great. I would agree it will sell for more but I also might luck out and they will back away from them going forward and also perhaps change their mind on Riviera (here is to dreaming).

Point chart also makes a big difference. A great chart will make it more popular and would justify the higher price per point.

Base price jump could happen, but I would have thought they would have already bumped it up a bit in anticipation so it's easier to get there. 207 > 211 > 215? But who knows.

I'm just looking forward to some news this weekend from the D23 event :)

I picked an incentive discount range between RVA and VGF as this is likely to have resale restrictions and that seems to make some people less likely to buy (vs VGF without them). If this launches without them, great. I would agree it will sell for more but I also might luck out and they will back away from them going forward and also perhaps change their mind on Riviera (here is to dreaming).

Point chart also makes a big difference. A great chart will make it more popular and would justify the higher price per point.

Base price jump could happen, but I would have thought they would have already bumped it up a bit in anticipation so it's easier to get there. 207 > 211 > 215? But who knows.

I'm just looking forward to some news this weekend from the D23 event :)
Some may shy away from VDH because of the restrictions but I don’t think most will. People that buy VDH will most likely use the points exclusively at VDH. Precedence indicates VDH will likely have very high points chart. It’s also in California so you can be sure it will be west coast inflated, like VGC and Aulani. If anything, it may be higher than VGC and Aulani because those resorts are over a decade old now. I’d love to share your optimism but I have little reasons to be so under Bob Paycheck. I too am looking forward to hearing some more during D23

Some may shy away from VDH because of the restrictions but I don’t think most will. People that buy VDH will most likely use the points exclusively at VDH. Precedence indicates VDH will likely have very high points chart. It’s also in California so you can be sure it will be west coast inflated, like VGC and Aulani. If anything, it may be higher than VGC and Aulani because those resorts are over a decade old now. I’d love to share your optimism but I have little reasons to be so under Bob Paycheck. I too am looking forward to hearing some more during D23

I think you’re right-I know I only use my VGC points there. And with that thinking, I’d probably wait for a resale contract at VDHif you’re only using your points there, who cares? The direct benefits at DL are almost nil anyways-and I have blue card status already for what little it’s worth.

I think you’re right-I know I only use my VGC points there. And with that thinking, I’d probably wait for a resale contract at VDHif you’re only using your points there, who cares? The direct benefits at DL are almost nil anyways-and I have blue card status already for what little it’s worth.
It’s what I’m thinking too. I already have my blue card and I don’t need any more direct points. I may just wait a few years until VDH comes available in the resale market

Villas at DLH was on the 2023 graphic at the Parks presentation today. I think we basically knew that but was that confirmed already?

9091C638-0021-4B5C-9A63-D3DA943C33CD.jpeg
Kind of surprised the logo being shown at D23 hasn’t been posted in this thread yet. ICYMI.
If we could just get some sale\opening dates.

Kind of bummed that we didn't get more DVC news today. Do we still think it's going to go on sale in Dec/Jan timeframe or March/April? I'm hopeful for March/April so I have more time to save up.
I would guess March/April based on this:
1662937484916.png

Jan seems like it's possible, but it would be unusually soon based on prior timelines relative to License Granted dates.

I’d like to make my one contribution towards the thread! Top level is up to the 9th guest room floor above the underpass (or 11th actual floor) of planned ten/twelve.

Windows are now up on the ‘third/fifth’ floor.

469E4BBD-BCDD-4D3D-AB7F-28A36094AA52.jpegBC4F4739-7F22-484E-92C6-E55EFEACA6C9.jpeg85173F7A-E132-4F50-B058-45FA11E7151F.jpeg2016CB5A-D995-4A68-99F3-731283CCC749.jpeg443C1794-077A-4FC1-B784-71DBC7E48C70.jpegD7CD5895-D32B-4ABD-9DCB-B20BFA61128A.jpeg76E35FE9-6DDA-4878-B9FA-D8B4B644DE38.jpeg

Attachments

• F2DF970D-5278-4C1D-AC98-D8B33BEA68EC.jpeg
    F2DF970D-5278-4C1D-AC98-D8B33BEA68EC.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 6
  • 5C5680D1-166D-4A57-B36F-FE4C6B6CBBBF.jpeg
    5C5680D1-166D-4A57-B36F-FE4C6B6CBBBF.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 5
@BrianLo - these are AWESOME! Thanks SO much for sharing!

No problem, I lied and wandered back again today.

Pictured is actually the elevator shaft now hitting it’s almost last floor.

Finally DtD construction was buzzing today. This essentially is on the doorstep.

9247C0E2-6438-425F-AB17-744AD998AFFA.jpeg

Also since yesterday the painting started on the final section of the other tower. I assume the side will be painted to get rid of the beige. Another tower for comparison on what I assume will be the final look for the side.
1EE7A47B-8593-482D-99F8-BA65C206424F.jpegE08CED68-2C16-43C4-9835-22E8484B058B.jpeg18BB1469-7CD3-4AB9-BD16-0B45C23F2550.jpeg

Last is the buzzing DtD construction site. This essentially is on the hotel's doorstep.

EC9B268E-A143-4B27-9D82-D00EBFB8FEB4.jpeg

I have, like probably many others following, decided I will buy this DVC.

I just wanted to relay some things on my personal fact finding (justification) mission. I love VGC, sometimes it really feels like DL hotel plays a distant second fiddle.

-The security gate is far more breezy than Grand Cal.
-The Pool is better at DL hotel and is expanding.
-It's never really considered as such, but DL hotel is a monorail hotel and Grand Cal really is not. Sure the latter has a private entrance to DCA, but supposedly its quite busy first thing and you are better off going to the main gate. The monorail is frequent service and strangely under-utilized or forgotten about in Disneyland. It's nothing like WDW, these things run frequently very empty AND drop you deep into Disneyland itself. You are still free to use the Grand Cal private entrance, but Grand Cal needs to backtrack significantly to reach the monorail. I'm usually all for walking, but it can be significantly faster to waltz through to the monorail when the main gate has lines at seemingly all hours.
-Not having a rooftop restaurant does seem like a missed opportunity, but in the same breath this hotel is strictly adjacent to DtD and the new section should be ready within a year of its opening. They sold me on Portico's already and I've been to Din Tai Fung and would recommend it highly.
-It ?probably, hopefully will have a *slightly* better points chart.

-I just learned apparently Paradise Pier Hotel has a walkway into DCA coming back, which is another highly convenient alternative access point.
-Plus, we can dream that in the lifespan of the contract one or both parks will expand towards it anyways.

Last edited:
No problem, I lied and wandered back again today.

Pictured is actually the elevator shaft now hitting it’s almost last floor.

Finally DtD construction was buzzing today. This essentially is on the doorstep.

View attachment 702221

Also since yesterday the painting started on the final section of the other tower. I assume the side will be painted to get rid of the beige. Another tower for comparison on what I assume will be the final look for the side.
View attachment 702220View attachment 702222View attachment 702223

Last is the buzzing DtD construction site. This essentially is on the hotel's doorstep.

View attachment 702224
That's what I thought too but I think that's actually the stairs on the end. The elevator appears to be in the middle and set back:

Loved your analysis of Disneyland Hotel - yes certainly could be much more attractive soon with great proximity to the new DTD offerings and one can hope/wish about Disneyland Forward someday. Monorail is underrated at DLR for sure!

Attachments

• 1620403969383.png
    1620403969383.png
    468.9 KB · Views: 26
I have, like probably many others following, decided I will buy this DVC.

I just wanted to relay some things on my personal fact finding (justification) mission. I love VGC, sometimes it really feels like DL hotel plays a distant second fiddle.

-The security gate is far more breezy than Grand Cal.
-The Pool is better at DL hotel and is expanding.
-It's never really considered as such, but DL hotel is a monorail hotel and Grand Cal really is not. Sure the latter has a private entrance to DCA, but supposedly its quite busy first thing and you are better off going to the main gate. The monorail is frequent service and strangely under-utilized or forgotten about in Disneyland. It's nothing like WDW, these things run frequently very empty AND drop you deep into Disneyland itself. You are still free to use the Grand Cal private entrance, but Grand Cal needs to backtrack significantly to reach the monorail. I'm usually all for walking, but it can be significantly faster to waltz through to the monorail when the main gate has lines at seemingly all hours.
-Not having a rooftop restaurant does seem like a missed opportunity, but in the same breath this hotel is strictly adjacent to DtD and the new section should be ready within a year of its opening. They sold me on Portico's already and I've been to Din Tai Fung and would recommend it highly.
-It ?probably, hopefully will have a *slightly* better points chart.

-I just learned apparently Paradise Pier Hotel has a walkway into DCA coming back, which is another highly convenient alternative access point.
-Plus, we can dream that in the lifespan of the contract one or both parks will expand towards it anyways.
You forgot to mention Trader Sam's.

I love DLH and the monorail. The monorail is a HUGE VDH selling point, but I wish it was more consistent in it's operation. Until recently, Disney wouldn't run it past 7PM- which personally turned into a minor headache on a recent trip with my uncle who has mobility issues . Plus, it doesn't run in hotter weather (no AC aboard). I'm 100% positive VDH is going to be stunning, but it's physically in the farthest corner from the monorail station while still being on DLH property (or DL front gates for that matter when it's not running). I might still buy VDH points- I love the mid century vibe, hotel bar/Trader Sams, and pool/slides over GCH- but I almost view the DL monorail a little bit like a Blue Card DVC perk- it can be taken away (or come back) at any time with or without reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter