Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Today's updates on direct pricing is going in a good direction for those considering adding on to VDH. No increase from the base price of 207 and they went back to the June and early July prices that were good for members adding on -

View attachment 697055 View attachment 697056

As long as there aren't significant changes in the economy or another major event.... I'm still going to bet that 300 point buy in will start in the 170s to 180s.
I would absolutely love it if you're right. I was expecting to be in the range of $250 pp so I'd be thrilled if it is sub $220 for 150-200 points.

I would absolutely love it if you're right. I was expecting to be in the range of $250 pp so I'd be thrilled if it is sub $220 for 150-200 points.

If the less than awesome economy continues on it's current path my estimate at this time is a discount price in the 180 to 190 a point price for 200 points. I'm sure Disney would love to charge us way more and were forecasting at 220 to 230 a point when they started the project but economic reality does have a vote :)

If the less than awesome economy continues on it's current path my estimate at this time is a discount price in the 180 to 190 a point price for 200 points. I'm sure Disney would love to charge us way more and were forecasting at 220 to 230 a point when they started the project but economic reality does have a vote :)
Absolutely an excellent point that the state of the economy should have a bearing on what they end up charging. If it does end up being sub $200pp, I'll certainly have an easier time of convincing my husband that it is more than just a "nice to have". :)

Stayed at DLH during the last weekends. As many people pointed out, VDH can’t beat VGC in terms of location. After visiting GCH lobby a couple of times for break during the park time and after being soaking wet at grizzly river run, we all spoiled wishing we would stay at VGC for the next visit. Only price matters.

Last edited:
Stayed at DLH during the last weekends. As many people pointed out, VDH can’t beat VGC in terms of location. After visiting GCH lobby a couple of times for break during the park time and after being soaking wet at grizzly river run, we all spoiled wishing we would stay at VGC for the next visit. Only price matters.
I can't remember the OG poster and I wish I could so I could thank them. Their advise of booking a lightning lane for Grizzly and heading over from the pool was INCREDIBLE! threw a pair of shorts over my swimsuit and took my son in his rash guard and swim shorts from the pool, got soaked on grizzly and made a bee line for the spa afterwards. THAT is pretty tough to beat

I think we might be the exception. We stayed in 1 BR villa at VGC on our last trip and weren't that impressed. It was almost impossible to get a chair at the pool too. We definitely prefer the Disneyland Hotel.

The economy was in the thick of the Great Recession when VGC and BLT hit the market and both resorts sold out in just 1.5 and 3 years respectively. I’m not sure if a “possible“ recession will have any impact to VDH pricing sometime next year. My guess is $215pp base with VGF2 like incentives.

I think we might be the exception. We stayed in 1 BR villa at VGC on our last trip and weren't that impressed. It was almost impossible to get a chair at the pool too. We definitely prefer the Disneyland Hotel.
no you aren't alone! while the lobby was indeed grand and I did think the room was nicer, the pool was AWFUL! chaotic and frankly trashy. no chairs, cups everywhere floating in the water, trash left behind. I was pretty shocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter