• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waffle sandwiches??? Anyone???

Coconuts

DIS Veteran
I have been to MK many times like my fellow Disers, but somehow I have never heard about the waffle sandwiches or about Sleepy Hollow.:confused: I don't even know where it is. How is it possible that I have missed them, with as much surfing and researching I do on the Disboards???:confused3

How are these sandwiches? I am always looking for a new eating option in MK.

I have tried all three waffle sandwiches and I think they are good. I like the chicken one over the ham. The chicken is described as sweet and spicy but I didn't find it the least bit spicy (but it was still good). The nutella and fruit sandwich is very tasty. The portion sizes are pretty big.

I didn't know where Sleepy Hollow was until I saw these sandwiches on a blog. I had to look for it and I am glad I did!

Seriously one of my most favorite Disney foods! The sweet and spicy chicken is so yummy! Heard about it here and tried it last trip. I didnt know where sleepy hollow was either....but now its a MUST! And a deal for only $6.99! Ill b enjoing one in a few days. Cant wait!!

Yep, the sweet and spicy one is pretty good, although next time, I'll ask for more slaw on mine because it adds a nice crunch. I found the sauce on the chicken to have a nice bite too. Plan to share, it's really big! They start serving the chicken and the ham sandwiches at 11 until 4. The nutella one is offered all day - next time I'm getting one for breakfast! :)

SERIOUSLY??? You think you know everything about WDW and then someone tells you you don't! I am VERY excited to try the waffles next trip! YAHOO! A hidden secret in plain sight, so very Disney! :banana:

I have been to MK many times like my fellow Disers, but somehow I have never heard about the waffle sandwiches or about Sleepy Hollow.:confused: I don't even know where it is. How is it possible that I have missed them, with as much surfing and researching I do on the Disboards???:confused3

If you are walking from the hub to Liberty Square, Sleepy Hollow is on the right right after the bridge. It is right across the walkway from the Christmas shop. If you get to HoP, you have gone too far.

It is "O" on this map.

I may be in the minority but I didn't love them. :blush: We had both the Nutella one and egg one and found them very rich and filling. We ordered 4 between the six of us and didn't come close to finishing them. I wouldn't order them again. DD loved the Nutella though.

MK is definitely lacking CS breakfast options.

Anyone have a pic?

Geez I love this place....just when you think you know it all!!! I have been here "surfing" for 5 min....and I learned the Wave has a bkfst buffet AND about these waffle sandwiches:hyper::worship:
Thanks
Kerri

Can you get it without strawberries? I have a severe strawberry allegory and am really hoping that they have all of the fruit separate so that the banana and blueberries haven't been in contact with strawberry because I would love to try this.

SERIOUSLY??? You think you know everything about WDW and then someone tells you you don't! I am VERY excited to try the waffles next trip! YAHOO! A hidden secret in plain sight, so very Disney! :banana:

Anyone have a pic?

Geez I love this place....just when you think you know it all!!! I have been here "surfing" for 5 min....and I learned the Wave has a bkfst buffet AND about these waffle sandwiches:hyper::worship:
Thanks
Kerri

I know, right???:thumbsup2 I learn something new almost every time I log on.:teacher: This is why I love the Disboards.:disrocks:

And yes please I would love to see a pic.:goodvibes

Here is the chicken one, from easywdw. The other varieties can also be found on easywdw.com at: http://www.easywdw.com/dining/sleepy-hollow-refreshments/

ca18c7e2d881737931e9dac3e5f63468_zps34e8c6d9.jpg

loganjared said:
Can you get it without strawberries? I have a severe strawberry allegory and am really hoping that they have all of the fruit separate so that the banana and blueberries haven't been in contact with strawberry because I would love to try this.

Anyone know if they do these in GF? DS would love to try one :-)

Thanks for the pic ses1230!:thumbsup2 This is a definite must do for our next trip. I love it when I find out new things about WDW!:teacher::disrocks:

Don't feel badly that you didn't know about them. They've only been around for a year or so.

Here are pics of the Nutella and Fruit and of the Sweet and Spicy Chicken.
They are delicious and we now look forward to getting them every trip!

256_zps309d5f94.jpg

257_zpsf145b275.jpg

Well that makes sense then. Our last time in MK was for one day last August as a stop on our Disney cruise. Before that was a trip in 2011. Can't wait to try, especially since I am now on the lookout for budget options since FD may not happen for us.:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter