• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL question

kato0627

DIS Veteran
Just found out today that we got our wait list for a Jan trip!!! For VWL, any good room suggestions, and is there direct bus transportation to MGM, EPCOT, and AK?? I am getting conflicting messages. Member services says yes, but my Disney book says no. I need to contact MS by 5:30 Weds.

Can't help with the rooms....

but yes, there is bus service directly to all four parks (and that means you can use boat or bus for MK).

I think all the rooms are equally good. I don't bother making a room request when I stay at VWL.

Yes: There is direct bus service to all four parks.

About the only request we ever make at VWL is for a "water" view-this means the swimming pool side of the villas, not the bus stop side. It is almost impossible to get a good view of the lake- we just don't want the parking lot view :)

Although we did have a lake view, we could only see the lake between the tops of two trees. ;) I agree with bicker, no real need to make a view request at VWL.

Have a great trip, we are staying there in May. :banana: :banana:

I have a different opinion. We just returned from a Thanksgiving week stay there, and when we stay again, we will request a room closer to the elevators. Two reasons...1) our room, 4265 (I believe, or was it 4625....anyway, last room on the right on the end of the hall, room farthest from the lobby....and 2) at that end of the building (on the non-lake side) you have a lovely view of a maintenance road and a shed that (I believe) houses the resort's dumpster, recycling, and laundry bins. I didn't personally check it out...but that's what it appeared to be from the 4th floor.

We loved everything else about the resort.....and will definitely stay there again. I'm delinquent in posting some trip observations, but will try to do so later tonight.

Stan

When will you be there in January? We are goin to be there from January 2-January 7. Can't wait. It is our first stay there. I do know that there is bus transportation to all the parks. Also you can take the boat to MK. This trip is a surprise for our oldest daughter as she is finishing her dissertation for her PhD.

VWL here we come! :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter