VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

DLI
Not to discourage you from going as I think we hit the beginning of spring break, and we did find many shady spots to sit down. What I found discouraging was the amount of time found in a line that typically would not have been under normal circumstances. Because of social distancing, and WDW has done an excellent job with this, lines couldn’t help but spill out into the sun.
For us, we knew going in we may have been going as crowds were ramping up.

Spring break has never been a time we prefer but it just worked out this way and we accepted it as we may be just people watching if nothing else. And I wouldn’t hesitate to go again if I knew this ahead of time. As much as I love going on the attractions I can be just as happy with a dole whip in hand too😊

We even commented being perfectly content just not going into the parks and making it a resort only stay with moments of playing mini golf, visiting other resorts, etc.

And we may find ourselves doing just that in the near future!

So please don’t let my words discourage you from going. I will say this, carry a sunscreen you feel comfortable with rather than rely on WDW stores.

29B2516C-90E0-45BA-8924-8261556AE3F8.jpeg
our view this AM from our room at HHI
We drove in last night at 7:30 so all we have really seen so far is the resort at night
I must say I am really impressed with the room and it reminds me in little suttle ways of our beloved Lodge.
We have a awesome view! And the room is awesome too! I can’t wait to get out and explore the resort today😊
A CM at the front desk suggested Scott’s since it was so late and I must say that’s some of the best seafood I have had in awhile. It’s within walking distance and we were it’s last patrons as they close at 9:30
One little hiccup as we headed out the room to get a bite Casey made sure the door was locked and it did not
We messed and tried and tried to no avail. So we got Maint here and I felt so sorry for the young man, Kevin. He said go get dinner he will fix it
So at 9:30 he was still working on it
He was on a call with 2 tech guys
Apparently the lock has to coincide with the computer to make sure all is working together
He ended up changing the whole lock
Poor fellow was here til 11pm😔
We felt so bad for him as you could tell as professional as he was handling it he was a bit out of his element but he got it working!!
A manager kindly presented us with a free meal but we didn’t feel right taking it and though we declined he insisted
So we are looking forward to some Mickey waffles at Tide Me Over👍

Last edited:
View attachment 561050
our view this AM from our room at HHI
We drove in last night at 7:30 so all we have really seen so far is the resort at night
I must say I am really impressed with the room and it reminds me in little shuttle ways of our beloved Lodge.
We have a awesome view! And the room is awesome too! I can’t wait to get out and explore the resort today😊
A CM at the front desk suggested Scott’s since it was so late and I must say that’s some of the best seafood I have had in awhile. It’s within walking distance and we were it’s last patrons as they close at 9:30
One little hiccup as we headed out the room to get a bite Casey made sure the door was locked and it did not
We messed and tried and tried to no avail. So we got Maint here and I felt so sorry for the young man, Kevin. He said go get dinner he will fix it
So at 9:30 he was still working on it
He was on a call with 2 tech guys
Apparently the lock has to coincide with the computer to make sure all is working together
He ended up changing the whole lock
Poor fellow was here til 11pm😔
We felt so bad for him as you could tell as professional as he was handling it he was a bit out of his element but he got it working!!
A manager kindly presented us with a free meal but we didn’t feel right taking it and though we declined he insisted
So we are looking forward to some Mickey waffles at Tide Me Over👍

Oh, I am so happy you like your room location and view 😉

DLI
Not to discourage you from going as I think we hit the beginning of spring break, and we did find many shady spots to sit down. What I found discouraging was the amount of time found in a line that typically would not have been under normal circumstances. Because of social distancing, and WDW has done an excellent job with this, lines couldn’t help but spill out into the sun.
For us, we knew going in we may have been going as crowds were ramping up.

Spring break has never been a time we prefer but it just worked out this way and we accepted it as we may be just people watching if nothing else. And I wouldn’t hesitate to go again if I knew this ahead of time. As much as I love going on the attractions I can be just as happy with a dole whip in hand too😊

We even commented being perfectly content just not going into the parks and making it a resort only stay with moments of playing mini golf, visiting other resorts, etc.

And we may find ourselves doing just that in the near future!

So please don’t let my words discourage you from going. I will say this, carry a sunscreen you feel comfortable with rather than rely on WDW stores.
No it's ok I'm not discouraged. I did talk with my dermatologist and got some advice from him on what to do. I'll be covered and have a hat, sunblock and an umbrella if I need it. He basically told me to take precautions but live my life. I just hope I don't get too hot wearing jeans and long sleeves lol.

Luv
We do love our room!! It’s got to be amongst the best views on property👍😊
Hope you don’t mind but we are going to mosey over later this eve to the front desk area with hopes of seeing you
We saw sleepy earlier around the broad creek area and got some good catch-up time with him so we are hoping for the same later with you!!

Last edited:
Luv
We do love our room!! It’s got to be amongst the best views on property👍😊
Hope you don’t mind but we are going to mosey over later this eve to the front desk area with hopes of seeing you
We saw sleepy earlier around the broad creek area and got some good catch-up time with him so we are hoping for the same later with you!!
It was so good to see you guys! Last week, it was bobbiwoz and Tom, and now you guys! What a great 8-9 days for me and Luv!!

I'm so mad right now at Southwest. I just happened to go on to check everything and the jerks changed my flights both ways and never even emailed me to let me know! Now I'm getting in so late I will probably miss my Beaches and Cream ADR and I leave earlier and won't be able to do what I wanted to do that morning. So mad.

I will offer this picture taken on Friday with us and our good friends who live in Tarpon Springs. We left WDW on Saturday and look forward to April/May visit which will also include WDW and HHI!

We saw a few of the topiaries, and they were all beautiful!

We caught up with Patrick(Sleepy)yesterday at the beach house. Our plans were to go over there, check things out, then head to the Parris Island Museum. Once we got to the beach house, we realized hanging out there seemed a much better option, so we got a chair, drink in hand and shared a jalapeño cheese stuffed pretzel, same ones that WDW used to have. That turned out to be a great option!!
Below are views from our room as the sun was setting last night

41D83C73-EB08-41C1-BF29-3AC9EE5BC792.jpeg
485AA130-9114-4024-B85E-8A7416088C2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, we can't have a Groupie Meet laying sideways...

JT & Sleepy.jpg

Cap'n, JT & Sleepy....you are all looking good!! :thumbsup2

JT...love the beautiful pictures from DHH. It is hard to stay there and not feel relaxed, isn't it? And yes, the look and feel of the resort does remind me of our favorite resort that we are all Groupies of. :)

Bobbi....thanks for posting the picture of your group. Looks like you enjoying another wonderful trip to WDW. So good to see folks having fun at the happiest place. :)

Okay, we can't have a Groupie Meet laying sideways...

Cap'n, JT & Sleepy....you are all looking good!!
:thumbsup2

Bobbi....thanks for posting the picture of your group. Looks like you enjoying another wonderful trip to WDW. So good to see folks having fun at the happiest place. :)
Actually you have met these friends! They joined a breakfast meet, May 11, 2017!

Bev has the pink shirt on, and Tom (yes another one!) has orange on.

I am so looking forward to another meet, and a picture without masks!

Actually you have met these friends! They joined a breakfast meet, May 11, 2017!

View attachment 561596

Bev has the pink shirt on, and Tom (yes another one!) has orange on.

I am so looking forward to another meet, and a picture without masks!

Bobbi...I remember this WCC breakfast meet very well! It was a blast! And I remember sitting next to Tom since I told him that I could actually remember his and your Tom's names for some reason! :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Well this has never happened before, why would we be upside down
Oh well, here we are at Fishcamp on Broad Creek at HHI having a mini meet with (if picture was right side up)L to R
Patrick aka sleepydog25, Casey aka CaptainD, Jimmy aka jimmytammy, Tammy aka TammyNC and Chris aka luvvwl
We had a great meal, great conversation and great catching up time
We were fortunate enough to live within 2 hrs for a couple meets back in the day
C9154DA1-9CE4-49B3-8D84-96B29E75EB74.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter