VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Welcome Beazle! What a great story! I’m so jealous of your cabin trip! Maybe one of these years I’ll have to bank & borrow! But, alas, I really don’t need more than a 1BR. Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures! Clearly you have lots of years of experience with DVC.

Welcome Beazle! Those cabins are gorgeous! Not going to lie, my girls and I thought I about trying to pull off a small family wedding in one of those! I guess when you have 3 girls, we do a LOT of talking about those things.
I saw where Disneyland Paris is now pretty much closed until mid July. Not that I thought we might actually get to pull off our makeup Europe trip this summer, but that was the nail in the coffin.
Any of our Canadian friends on this board care to gesture on whether or not DH will get to do his Ironman Calgary race at the end of July? We have an airbnb rented, but have not bitten the bullet on airfare yet. I'm so afraid it will cancel or be postponed.
5 more weeks of teaching online. Pray for me, this is so hard!

Hope all are well and have a happy, healthy and safe week. As in the words of High School Musical, "We're All In This Together"

Hang in there folks!!

Something that was long unused and now is gone. River Country from Bay Lake

p827779049-4.jpg

KAT
I never got to experience RC, but would have loved too. It was still in existence, at least my 1st time there in 99, but we were so busy just trying to see the 4 parks, and Seaworld, that I didn't have a clue there was a waterpark :tilt:

Kati and I went to RC one time back in '01 then we went to Blizzard. She was all watered out by the time we made it back to our room. That was the one and only time we ever went to any water parks. Have too much to do in the parks or prefer the pool at WL.

Something that was long unused and now is gone. River Country from Bay Lake

p827779049-4.jpg

Kathy....when I first saw this I thought this was a picture of Discovery Island? I guess not.

We did use River Country on our first trip in 1998. It was fun, especially the pool with the slide that ended about 6 feet above the water. But now my DW says she can't believe she let the kids play in the water fun area which was really just an extension of Bay Lake. Especially after they declared the water unsafe (before the fences went up).

Hello Groupies
I’m checking in just to see if you’re all OK
Wow with all the crazy going on out there
it makes my heart smile to see so many of you still here :love:
Sad time with our happy place closed but I’m so grateful for all the Magic
that my family has been blessed to experience.
Time to come back to the boards so
I’m off to some catchup reading :surfweb:
take care and be safe
tea pot

Kathy....when I first saw this I thought this was a picture of Discovery Island? I guess not.

We did use River Country on our first trip in 1998. It was fun, especially the pool with the slide that ended about 6 feet above the water. But now my DW says she can't believe she let the kids play in the water fun area which was really just an extension of Bay Lake. Especially after they declared the water unsafe (before the fences went up).

As I looked at my pictures I thought so too but I actually managed to get a label on these (unique for me! lol) and it was labeled River Country. From the direction of the sunlight and shadows I can tell that one set definitely was out one side of the boat (RC) and then the other (DI). They were taken in November 2009.

Here was my Discovery Island picture from the same boat trip. These 2 trees always pop out as most undecidedly planted for landscape!

p1025048208-4.jpg

For as long as I've been going to Disneyworld (early 1973) I don't think we ever visited either Discovery Island or River Country. If we did then I was younger and it would have been Discovery Island. I wish we had but then again I was all about MK and rides, shows and characters! :)

As I looked at my pictures I thought so too but I actually managed to get a label on these (unique for me! lol) and it was labeled River Country. From the direction of the sunlight and shadows I can tell that one set definitely was out one side of the boat (RC) and then the other (DI). They were taken in November 2009.

Here was my Discovery Island picture from the same boat trip. These 2 trees always pop out as most undecidedly planted for landscape!

p1025048208-4.jpg

For as long as I've been going to Disneyworld (early 1973) I don't think we ever visited either Discovery Island or River Country. If we did then I was younger and it would have been Discovery Island. I wish we had but then again I was all about MK and rides, shows and characters! :)

I recognize those blue palm trees! I think you're right, they don't seem to be native to Orlando.

We frequented Discovery Island and River Country when I was young. I wasn't really a fan of DI, other than the flamingos, ducks and parrots. Fun fact: two of the macaws that lived on DI were moved to the Morroco pavillion for a number of years before they were moved to their present home, Animal Kingdom's Discovery Island. I haven't asked lately, but they probably are the same couple. I wonder if either one of them knows anything about a button being plucked off my dad's shirt.

For the nostalgic, found this pre-WL days shot:

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday everyone. Governor in Mass announced schools will not be going back this year. My 10th grade DD did not take it well. She is so sad not being able to see her teachers and friends. If it wasn’t for COVID we would of been at MM at MK tonite. Very sad day here, but we are also very thankful that everybody is healthy.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Governor in Mass announced schools will not be going back this year. My 10th grade DD did not take it well. She is so sad not being able to see her teachers and friends. If it wasn’t for COVID we would of been at MM at MK tonite. Very sad day here, but we are also very thankful that everybody is healthy.
I can relate to an unhappy daughter. My 8th grade daughter wants to be back at school sooo bad. We just got done with an online zoom thing about transitioning to high school. Now she is texting with a friend of hers that’s having some panic....Oh the drama...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter