VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy, Bobbi, Twinklebug, Kat4Disney, TCraig, DisnyDad, Sleepy, DVC Jen, Lakegirl, Corinne, I want to thank all y'all for the love last week with the loss of my beloved Maximus. It has been tough, but I am surviving and loving my two remaining fur babies.

I have been busy with my son Clay. He has recovered nicely and is going to therapy 3 times a week still trying to regain stamina and improve his balance. We will have another procedure to go thru once Baylor and the doctor get their act together.

I hope everyone has been doing well. I along with everyone else still think of Stan, but I have met Jack several times and had a few talks with him. Like him a lot.

Kathy...thank you for the update on Clay. He and your family continue to be in our prayers.

Kathy
Thank you for the Clay update. You guys will remain in our prayers

Ahh Kathy... I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Maximus :sad1: It's hard when our 4-legged family members leave. So difficult on everyone. I hope his memory fills your heart with laughter and good times.
So glad to hear that Clay is doing better. Continued prayers for him.

FYI: We were finally successful in modifying our November reservation. Unfortunately the night of the 16th still is not available at VWL. So, we're in a Grand Villa at SSR one more night - for 4 adults !? Whats not to love about a Grand Villa? Right? I had a wonderful CM that I was working with and continued to call day by day. Thanks Kathy (Kat4Disney) for suggesting I check multiple times daily. Yes, I'm sure someone was 'walking' to guarantee Thanksgiving accomodations.

This will be a quick week for us. 5 more sleeps! Looking forward to meeting with Groupies - such fun!

Have a good week

Di

FYI: We were finally successful in modifying our November reservation. Unfortunately the night of the 16th still is not available at VWL. So, we're in a Grand Villa at SSR one more night - for 4 adults !? Whats not to love about a Grand Villa? Right? I had a wonderful CM that I was working with and continued to call day by day. Thanks Kathy (Kat4Disney) for suggesting I check multiple times daily. Yes, I'm sure someone was 'walking' to guarantee Thanksgiving accomodations.

This will be a quick week for us. 5 more sleeps! Looking forward to meeting with Groupies - such fun!

Have a good week

Di

Grand Villa, woo! 8 more sleeps for us ~ can’t wait for the Groupie meet!:jumping1:

Ahh Kathy... I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Maximus :sad1: It's hard when our 4-legged family members leave. So difficult on everyone. I hope his memory fills your heart with laughter and good times.
So glad to hear that Clay is doing better. Continued prayers for him.
Yes, it has been hard, I still think about him daily and remember his little quirky attitudes. Yes, Clay is determined!

Kathy, it’s good to read about Clay’s good news.:)
Kathy, glad to hear Clay is doing well.
Kathy...thank you for the update on Clay. He and your family continue to be in our prayers.
Kathy, Thank you for the Clay update. You guys will remain in our prayers
He has another procedure coming up, but he has a good attitude about it and really works hard at his therapy. He gives all his therapists a hard time, which he is famous for and they love to brag about how well he is doing.

Just got tickets for the first Disney After Hour Villain event at the MK on June 6th. Really looking forward to it. Hoping it is not insane being the first one but I have a feeling it may be.

Just got tickets for the first Disney After Hour Villain event at the MK on June 6th. Really looking forward to it. Hoping it is not insane being the first one but I have a feeling it may be.
I’m considering this even as well for later in June! I love the Disney Villains!

Anybody have any CM’s that they have really found helpful when calling member services? I find it is hit or miss and always forget to write down/ask for their extension. Some can be so helpful. I think I have firmed up or August stay. 2 bedroom OKW near HH for 5 nights then two kids (18 years old) leave and then we will go to Poly studio for two nights. We are going to visit my uncle who is an hour away on our last full day. We planned on staying at a hotel near the airport that night but the discounts finally came out and I said heck why not stay on property our last night so I booked Caribbean Beach our last night. Never stayed there before. Getting excited!!!

Anybody have any CM’s that they have really found helpful when calling member services? I find it is hit or miss and always forget to write down/ask for their extension. Some can be so helpful. I think I have firmed up or August stay. 2 bedroom OKW near HH for 5 nights then two kids (18 years old) leave and then we will go to Poly studio for two nights. We are going to visit my uncle who is an hour away on our last full day. We planned on staying at a hotel near the airport that night but the discounts finally came out and I said heck why not stay on property our last night so I booked Caribbean Beach our last night. Never stayed there before. Getting excited!!!

I'm afraid I can't help you on suggesting a CM. The CM's always give me their name and number, but I've never had a bad one on a call so I never bothered to focus on a "favorite one". But honestly, I rarely talk to MS any more since I can do almost everything I need online without their intervention. And I use email for requests, DME and such.

Your trip sounds like a fun one. Have a great time with your family! :)

Three sleeps for me; one and a half for DiznyDi . . . . . . rain is predicted for the entire time we are there, but a rainy day in The World is better than looking at sunshine through my office window. :thumbsup2

We are leaving in the middle of a first floor renovation. It was to be finished before we left, but it got a late start. We have always used a local builder who does such great work that he has a two year waiting list, so once he is in your home, you hold onto him to do the "as long as" items. The guy using him before us had a long list of "as long as" items, so he had to push back the start of our project. He has done all of the rest of our home, inside and out, for the last 20 years, and does such great work. I, too, have a few "as long as" items, just to make things easier for DiznyDi and I. We will return with new tile flooring in the kitchen and the beginning of new hardwood flooring in the living room & dining room. The more we do on our home, the more it looks like and is reminiscent of The Lodge; colors, style, and comes with two wonderful Morris Chairs at the fireplace. We're looking forward to having the house back together and the work completed. ::yes::

Three sleeps for me; one and a half for DiznyDi . . . . . . rain is predicted for the entire time we are there, but a rainy day in The World is better than looking at sunshine through my office window. :thumbsup2

We are leaving in the middle of a first floor renovation. It was to be finished before we left, but it got a late start. We have always used a local builder who does such great work that he has a two year waiting list, so once he is in your home, you hold onto him to do the "as long as" items. The guy using him before us had a long list of "as long as" items, so he had to push back the start of our project. He has done all of the rest of our home, inside and out, for the last 20 years, and does such great work. I, too, have a few "as long as" items, just to make things easier for DiznyDi and I. We will return with new tile flooring in the kitchen and the beginning of new hardwood flooring in the living room & dining room. The more we do on our home, the more it looks like and is reminiscent of The Lodge; colors, style, and comes with two wonderful Morris Chairs at the fireplace. We're looking forward to having the house back together and the work completed. ::yes::

Pics please?

Sounds beautiful! We have one of those contractors as well. He is putting dormers on us right now and I have a long list of “while your here”

Isn't it always predicted in Central FL? Lol

Your reno sounds great!

Jimmy, Bobbi, Twinklebug, Kat4Disney, TCraig, DisnyDad, Sleepy, DVC Jen, Lakegirl, Corinne, I want to thank all y'all for the love last week with the loss of my beloved Maximus. It has been tough, but I am surviving and loving my two remaining fur babies.

I have been busy with my son Clay. He has recovered nicely and is going to therapy 3 times a week still trying to regain stamina and improve his balance. We will have another procedure to go thru once Baylor and the doctor get their act together.

I hope everyone has been doing well. I along with everyone else still think of Stan, but I have met Jack several times and had a few talks with him. Like him a lot.[/QUOTE

twokats sending you Hugs and Prayers Its so hard to loose a beloved pet

Happy May Day Groupies:flower1:
I'm looking forward to spring with some sunshine.
It's been gray and wet here for too long.
April showers bring May flowers so I'm trying to be grateful.

Pixie dust to all of you heading for the sunshine and magic of home.
I'm missing Disney something awful
but looking forward to being there in November

Off to do some catching up
take care groupies :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter