VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I laugh every time someone uses the acronym "POS". In my company it means something entirely different than what it means here.
If you can't figure it out, think Piece of ___ when we're talking about antiquated software ... which reminds me, Happy Pi Day! to my fellow groupie geeks.

Yup - musical smoking locations continue..... Parks, and Resorts. Bad me - I TRY to comply, but the damn things move faster than Buzz Lightyear :(.

Now - regarding the new cabins..... WL will just HAVE to establish DSLs for the end row cabins. They don't HAVE to.... they could just choose to set the trees on fire :).
Betting they will do so, in lieu of employing "smoking police" :).

Picture time! You said you wanted 'em so you got 'em! :laughing: There will probably be some repeats of things you've already seen but I'd like to think I took some photos that only a groupie would think to take. You'll know them when you see them. I'll probably have to split this into at least 2 posts.

Lets start with the studio.
20170308_181028.jpg 20170308_181152.jpg 20170308_181215.jpg 20170308_181155.jpg 20170308_181235.jpg 20170308_181200.jpg 20170308_181203.jpg

20170308_181005.jpg 20170308_181028.jpg 20170308_181152.jpg 20170308_181215.jpg

20170308_181005.jpg 20170308_181028.jpg

Sorry I have no idea why some of these are showing up as duplicates!

The bureau wasn't as bad in person. Not as bright as I was expecting but I still don't like it that much.

Picture time! You said you wanted 'em so you got 'em! :laughing: There will probably be some repeats of things you've already seen but I'd like to think I took some photos that only a groupie would think to take. You'll know them when you see them. I'll probably have to split this into at least 2 posts.

Lets start with the studio.
View attachment 225652 View attachment 225653 View attachment 225654 View attachment 225656 View attachment 225657 View attachment 225658 View attachment 225659

View attachment 225651 View attachment 225652 View attachment 225653 View attachment 225654

View attachment 225651 View attachment 225652

I don't hate it...but I don't love it? Not sure to be honest...I guess maybe if I see it in person it would/could change my mind? But after Poly & VGF I thought they would take it a step higher with this one?

I do love that dining table. Looks like it can seat more people then other 1 bedroom resorts!

I couldn't figure out how to comment on each photo without messing them up. The table was very nice. The drawer under the bench pulls out for storage. I have to say there was a ton of storage space in the 1 BR as well as lots & lots of outlets & USB chargers. I wish they'd bring back clocks.

I wish I had some pics of Geyser Point to share but as I mentioned after having 2 Cascadia(n?) Sangrias I forgot all about the pictures! :blush: :laughing: :drinking1

Thanks, Horsey!

Likes: Inlaid floor in 1BR; hooks for gear; headboards; inlaid door; totem print; bed throws; lamps/sconces

Dislikes: color scheme; kitchen layout; seating for six when only four allowed in the room; that dresser; hodgepodge style that juxtaposes various themes, e.g., there are modern pulls and cabinet doors in light brown sitting right next to Craftsman cabinet doors that seem to be a gray-green (aka greige)--is it modern? is it Lodge-y? They don't succeed at either. Edited to add: that lamp. . .oh. . .my. . .

Thanks, Horsey!

Likes: Inlaid floor in 1BR; hooks for gear; headboards; inlaid door; totem print; bed throws; lamps/sconces

Dislikes: color scheme; kitchen layout; seating for six when only four allowed in the room; that dresser; hodgepodge style that juxtaposes various themes, e.g., there are modern pulls and cabinet doors in light brown sitting right next to Craftsman cabinet doors that seem to be a gray-green (aka greige)--is it modern? is it Lodge-y? They don't succeed at either. Edited to add: that lamp. . .oh. . .my. . .

I loved the inlaid floor too. That's why I took the pic. I hate the kitchen & the greige color scheme.

You like the boulder lamp? :sad2:

Great pictures, thanks for posting them!! I actually really love those rooms and would love to stay in them. Yes, I think the modern wilderness theme is a bit lazy, but looking at all the DVC rooms, those really appeal to me over others (SSR, OKW, BCV). I think AKV and Poly are better, but otherwise these just fit in with others. And if we talk about ugly bureaus, that white thing they put in the BWV studios is still the most hideous piece of furniture I have ever seen!!!

as well as lots & lots of outlets & USB chargers

Yes, at the DVC Annual Meeting, Ken Pottrock kept telling us that they have listened to the DVC members and all new reforms will have more outlets as well as USB outlets. He kept talking about USB outlets as if it were the greatest invention ever...

I like the boulder lamp even. However, shouldn't they get a copper lamp and we ought to get the boulder lamp. We are the ones that are called BOULDER Ridge now. At least give us unique things that go with that stupid name!!!! ::yes::

Great pictures, thanks for posting them!! I actually really love those rooms and would love to stay in them. Yes, I think the modern wilderness theme is a bit lazy, but looking at all the DVC rooms, those really appeal to me over others (SSR, OKW, BCV). I think AKV and Poly are better, but otherwise these just fit in with others. And if we talk about ugly bureaus, that white thing they put in the BWV studios is still the most hideous piece of furniture I have ever seen!!!

Yes, at the DVC Annual Meeting, Ken Pottrock kept telling us that they have listened to the DVC members and all new reforms will have more outlets as well as USB outlets. He kept talking about USB outlets as if it were the greatest invention ever...

I'm glad you like them. I'm sure they'll appeal to a lot of people they just don't happen to be my taste. I'll be content staying at VWL but if I can't get in there I certainly wouldn't have a problem staying at CCV. The 1 BRs do have some things I like but that kitchen is a no for me. We do use the kitchen when it's the four of us. I can't imagine trying to make food with people walking behind. It's just not a good layout. I like the layout at BLT actually all the other 1 BRs. I like an open style not a galley.

Does Ken have something against clocks? :confused: I really cannot figure out why they removed clocks from all the rooms. :scratchin

I like the boulder lamp even. However, shouldn't they get a copper lamp and we ought to get the boulder lamp. We are the ones that are called BOULDER Ridge now. At least give us unique things that go with that stupid name!!!! ::yes::

Good point! I should be thankful they're at CCV & not VWL! :rotfl:

Thanks for the pictures Julie!!!

Sleepy - that table also serves for 8 if it's booked as a 2BR lockoff. I get amused when we book a 1BR and get 8 or 9 place settings but they really couldn't move things in and out depending on if it's booked as a 1BR or a 2BR.

And this one I have to post separately just so I can comment on it.

Boulder lamp. Really? :mad: How about a nice tree lamp.

View attachment 225689

Oh - I laughed out loud when I got to this. As I was scrolling thru I saw the lamp and thought "wow - now we get egg rock lamps for 'wilderness'". So I was just as impressed as you!

Some nice things but so many times I'm thinking - where's the color?! Is the couch in the 1BR a queen pullout? It looks so small - more like a double.

I also was crossing my fingers for a clock to show up in the bedroom picture. I took a picture of the one at VGC in January - I was far more happy to see a clock on a bedside table than one should be! :rotfl2:

The next thing I'd love to know - how was the campfire sing-a-long?! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter