VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

In this picture http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/geys...geyser-point-bar-and-grill-overview/29607.htm

Look at the left side. On each of the diagonal supports that goes up to the ceiling and then along the ceiling there is a black thick "line" of something. Could that be a sun shield and the track it runs in ?? It would be in the right place to be... Hopefully someone going soon can do some sleuthing...

SW
I've looked over those pictures a few times, as well as those in a certain food blog reviewing the menu at GP, and it does appear that the slanted beams have tracks running down the middle of them with perhaps the associated shields or shutters above. Luv's first thought was similar to theww228's in that they must lock up at some point. Makes sense. So, that begs the next question for those of you with design/architecture knowledge: the tracks--if that's what they are--only run down to the base of the beams, not all the way to the ground, thus providing a large enough opening for a human OR critter to scurry in there. If these are, indeed, shutter locations, how do they block off the bottom? Now, I'm wishing my trip wasn't all the way in May. ;)

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHEER4BISON!! party:

I could see once the pool is done and RF is back open, the walk up counter will cater more to QS for the pool. Then the nice bar/lounge will have a wait staff with more of small plates and bar food menu (and perhaps take TIW). At least I hope that will be the case.

Laura

Update: Disney Food Blog now has up a review and inside is table service with some really nice items on the menu. So it is just not a QS counter place.

Last edited:
Are folk allowed to take their food from the walk up counter into the bar area to eat, or are those tables just for bar service food?

Are folk allowed to take their food from the walk up counter into the bar area to eat, or are those tables just for bar service food?

www.disneyfoodblog.com posted a review and as I understand it, yes, you can take it into the bar area. They mention that you get a number and they bring it to your table. They did that at Roaring Forks as well, when we were there in December. Or you can order everything from the CS menu from the bar tenders as well (but I guess then you would have to tip them for this).

I also wanted to say that I agree with the criticism about the video I linked to. I was annoyed by how little it showed of the building instead of the two guys doing it. I only linked to it because I found that Reunion Station so interesting!

I'm impressed with what Disney has done with Geyser Point. It looks very appealing and like a very nice place to have a bite to eat and/or a refreshing drink after day at the Parks.

I might be in the minority compared to most of the regulars on this thread, but I think Geyser Point is a great addition to Wilderness Lodge. If Geyser Point is any indication, I think we can look forward to many more positive things once Boulder Ridge Cove opens later this summer.

I'm impressed with what Disney has done with Geyser Point. It looks very appealing and like a very nice place to have a bite to eat and/or a refreshing drink after day at the Parks.

I might be in the minority compared to most of the regulars on this thread, but I think Geyser Point is a great addition to Wilderness Lodge. If Geyser Point is any indication, I think we can look forward to many more positive things once Boulder Ridge Cove opens later this summer.
Actually, I agree, and I think many on here will, as well. It looks quite in keeping with the overall Lodge theme, and I'm sure Luv and I will enjoy some drinks and bar food a few times while staying there over the next several years. :drinking1 Likewise, I know there will always be a part of me that misses the beach, the trees, and the solitude that have been lessened or disappeared. Often, however, that is the cost of progress.

Gosh . . . with all of the concerns discussed in the past few days, the one that sticks out to me is "will we still be able to get Mickey Waffles"! DiznyDi has expressed the same thing, although I don't recall her eating many of them. Itr is kind of like the missing bison . . .once removed for "refirb", things sometimes just don't come back.

We have some friends that are DVC members (but not Lodge Groupies . . . not sure what is wrong with them), but no matter where they stay, they always go to the Artist Palette (SSR) for breakfast. I indeed like the Artist Palette offerings much better than the Roaring Fork menu, but would never leave the Lodge for it. Now that I have exposed myself as an Artist Palette appreciator, one can understand why I am hoping for a change up at Roaring Fork. Variety is the spice of life. The Menu at Roaring Fork just never seems to change, unless they removed items, like the counter service maid to order yogurt parfaits , or the cheesy grits in the morning. Miss both of those!

Looks nice! And the size of the building is explained better since the Community Hall seems to be there.

The open air - I was looking to see if they had anything that seemed like drop down curtains or something. A little hard to tell if there's a track of some sort but I don't think there's any set up to enclose it. Just have to see how that goes.

I don't see anything either to enclose the area (no windows?). I do like the open air concept, but should be a lot of fun during the next hurricane!!:umbrella:

That company in Orlando made me an offer and it's a significant offer. We're rather surprised by it. I have a week to decide and I'm putting together some questions. It's hard to pull up roots, so I'll be careful about my choice. They're paying to relocate. I'm leaning towards going for it.

That company in Orlando made me an offer and it's a significant offer. We're rather surprised by it. I have a week to decide and I'm putting together some questions. It's hard to pull up roots, so I'll be careful about my choice. They're paying to relocate. I'm leaning towards going for it.

Congratulations WD! That's great news. Best of luck deciding what's right for you & your family.

Congrats! Even if you opt not to take the offer, certainly it must make you feel wonderful to have been offered the position. As horsey says, best wishes to you as you make the tough call.

How exciting and a huge congratulations are in order. Good luck making your decision.

I was blown away with the photos and videos of Geyer Point Bar and Grill. It looks wonderful and menu and drinks sound great. I cannot wait to see it in person in late March when we are staying at VWL aka BRV, for those that don't know better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter