VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Forgive me if this has been covered, for I haven't read through the thread...But does anyone know how far they are with the construction. Specifically the new pool area....I'm thinking about a possible 3 niter here late summer and was wondering if I should just forego it for now, Or if most is/will be done, then go for it...
T.I.A. Dizdad

At the annual meeting Pot rock said he looked forward to an exciting new property opening in 2017 but no definite dates. I think somewhere along the way they mentioned the pool opening in the summer though - maybe in the Disneyfiles? Hopefully someone else will chime in on that. :).

At the annual meeting Pot rock said he looked forward to an exciting new property opening in 2017 but no definite dates. I think somewhere along the way they mentioned the pool opening in the summer though - maybe in the Disneyfiles? Hopefully someone else will chime in on that. :).
thanks Kat...We'll have 2 wait n see....I have a couple weeks before my 7 mos. window, so hopefully yes..

We are just days away from being able to book our first DVC vacation. My husband and I are taking my mother and our son who will be 2 at the time. We also convinced our son's Godfather to come along with us (he has never been to WDW before) and he will stay in the main lodge. I think this will be our best trip yet! Anyone traveled with a party where some stayed in the main lodge and others stayed in the villas?
I've done this with my sister on numerous occasions. I have to admit it's a bit nice having my nephews unsure of which room we're in so they don't come knocking at 6am. :) The buildings are so close and the walk from/to the villas is so nice that you won't notice the walk between rooms unless there's a hurricane outside.

No, we've never had anyone right next door in the main Lodge, but I can't imagine it will be any problem as close to each other as they are. Congrats on booking your first DVC trip!

I don't imagine we would have any issues at all. I am more concerned how quickly the lodge will book up now that half the rooms aren't in inventory. I suggested he book right away to lock in the room....just in case. That price tag without discounts was a bit rough though.

I've done this with my sister on numerous occasions. I have to admit it's a bit nice having my nephews unsure of which room we're in so they don't come knocking at 6am. :) The buildings are so close and the walk from/to the villas is so nice that you won't notice the walk between rooms unless there's a hurricane outside.

Great! It isn't a big resort to begin with so I don't expect to have any issues with the distance between walks.

Forgive me if this has been covered, for I haven't read through the thread...But does anyone know how far they are with the construction. Specifically the new pool area....I'm thinking about a possible 3 niter here late summer and was wondering if I should just forego it for now, Or if most is/will be done, then go for it...
T.I.A. Dizdad

The latest Disney Files indicates that the new pool, Boulder Ridge Cove, is scheduled to open in summer 2017. And that the "new poolside dining venue [is] scheduled to debut in spring 2017". From what we've seen, there is no reason to think that the pool and new food service location will not be open by the summer. And construction should be pretty far along with all work "under roof" at that point I would think. Enjoy your planning!

I don't imagine we would have any issues at all. I am more concerned how quickly the lodge will book up now that half the rooms aren't in inventory. I suggested he book right away to lock in the room....just in case. That price tag without discounts was a bit rough though.
True, but he can always have the discount applied should one come available after booking. Still, I'm sure looking at those $$ figures is daunting. :crazy2:

I think one of the big pluses for Disney in building CCV was that by converting half the WL rooms to DVC, they will make WL run much closer to full occupancy much of the year. As such, I think that Disney will not be discounting WL rooms nearly as much as in the past, especially once the construction is complete and both pools up and running. It's a basic supply and demand situation and with so few rooms available (relatively) for WL, it may be tougher to book going forward. So I agree with your concerns and the suggestion to book right away.

The latest Disney Files indicates that the new pool, Boulder Ridge Cove, is scheduled to open in summer 2017. And that the "new poolside dining venue [is] scheduled to debut in spring 2017". From what we've seen, there is no reason to think that the pool and new food service location will not be open by the summer. And construction should be pretty far along with all work "under roof" at that point I would think. Enjoy your planning!
Thank you very much...

True, but he can always have the discount applied should one come available after booking. Still, I'm sure looking at those $$ figures is daunting. :crazy2:

That's what I told him! He didn't seem to mind either way. Thank goodness. When I priced it out for him I thought there was no way he would go for it but to my surprise he is all in. I love sharing Disney magic with new people.

I think one of the big pluses for Disney in building CCV was that by converting half the WL rooms to DVC, they will make WL run much closer to full occupancy much of the year. As such, I think that Disney will not be discounting WL rooms nearly as much as in the past, especially once the construction is complete and both pools up and running. It's a basic supply and demand situation and with so few rooms available (relatively) for WL, it may be tougher to book going forward. So I agree with your concerns and the suggestion to book right away.
And this is why I am so happy we bought VWL! I couldn't imagine not being able to stay here on future trips and rack rates are hard on the pocketbook.

Sleepy
Love the new update on pg. 1!!
Thanks, JT! I didn't do much, just swept the dust bunnies from out of the corners, rearranged the furniture a little, put new pillows on the rockers. . .that sort of thing. I just thought it was time to reflect a few changes we've had at our home on Page 1, but I really didn't expect anyone to see the changes. lol

Had our first snow overnight. Really just a dusting--maybe 1/2"--and with no students in school, it's not a big deal. As a 12-month employee, I still have to come in, of course. You can tell I'm currently busy. :rolleyes1

Belated Holiday Greetings :wave2:

The big guy AKA DH just got back from taking our
last Christmas guest to the airport.
My house looks like a robbery just happened.
In contrast just outside my window the cardinal
is on the birch tree and with the overnight
snowfall I'm looking at a classic Christmas card scene
feeling truly blessed

Hoping all of you had a wonderful Christmas filled with
family and friends and wising you all a New Year
filled with so many blessings and lots of Pixie Dust
pixiedust:

The big guy AKA DH just got back from taking our
last Christmas guest to the airport.
My house looks like a robbery just happened.
In contrast just outside my window the cardinal
is on the birch tree and with the overnight
snowfall I'm looking at a classic Christmas card scene
feeling truly blessed

pixiedust:

Teapot, no snow here, but have quite a few cardinals!!! Christmas was good, just waiting for the New Year to creep in and see what is in store next!
Hope all the groupies have a great weekend.

Sleepy
Love the new update on pg. 1!!

Thanks, JT! I didn't do much, just swept the dust bunnies from out of the corners, rearranged the furniture a little, put new pillows on the rockers. . .that sort of thing. I just thought it was time to reflect a few changes we've had at our home on Page 1, but I really didn't expect anyone to see the changes. lol

Jimmy...wow, you're really on top of things. You noticed Sleepy's changes within 24 hours! :)

Sleepy...the rewording of the opening track for this growing album was very nicely done! I remain hopeful that the finished product for WL/CCV/VWL will still be a beautiful resort. Thanks for taking the time to update our opening post. :thumbsup2

pixiedust:

Tea Pot...thank you for the kind words for us, and it sounds like you had a very nice, though busy, Christmas. It's always great to see you coming back around and pulling up a rocker. :)

Sleepy...the rewording of the opening track for this growing album was very nicely done! I remain hopeful that the finished product for WL/CCV/VWL will still be a beautiful resort. Thanks for taking the time to update our opening post. :thumbsup2
Thanks, Granny. As reluctant as I am to accept change, I nonetheless realize that in the end the resort will likely still be wondrous. . .now if they'll just bring back all the topiaries and the nature trail. . .;)

Thanks, Granny. As reluctant as I am to accept change, I nonetheless realize that in the end the resort will likely still be wondrous. . .now if they'll just bring back all the topiaries and the nature trail. . .;)

The nature trail is set to come back. I spoke to the general manager of the WL at the DVC members meeting and she mentioned the nature trail coming back again.

Great work on the first post, Sleepy!

The nature trail is set to come back. I spoke to the general manager of the WL at the DVC members meeting and she mentioned the nature trail coming back again.

Great work on the first post, Sleepy!
Yay on the nature trail news! I did actually think it would return in some form, though part of it will be consumed by the walkway to the cabins which stretch out that direction. Still, it's good to hear that it will return. And, thanks for the compliment, Flossie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter