Visiting Universal and SeaWorld

caseyandbailey

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Florida in June and want to spend about 3 days each at Universal and SeaWorld. Discovery Cove is on our list of things to do and I noticed they give you tickets for Seaworld. The hotel offers tickets to Seaworld as well. Since we don't need both should we just stay the whole time at a Universal Hotel or an off site SeaWold hotel? ( would there be any benifit to staying on site at Seaworld ?). What I would love to know is how to get the most inclusive package for both places. I don't mind hotel hopping or paying a little extra I just want to go and not worry about anything. Also , any ideas on side activities to make it extra special? Interactive programs at SeaWorld or maybe a neat little shopping town close by. There will be three of us but if the packages are for a family of four I'm sure we can find a friend to tag along. Thanks for any help.

If you can afford to stay at one of Universal's hotels for the days that you'll be at Universal, that's what I would do because then you get unlimited express to many rides. My annual pass was for last year but at that time there were 2 major rides that did not have express -- rip ride rocket and the harry potter big ride. You will find at Universal that during the day, the express tickets will be distributed. You're other option is to buy an express pass.

What do you mean by on site for Sea World -- do you mean a hotel that's across the street or nearby to Sea World? What advantages does that offer that you would use -- the Renaissance Marriott states front of the line passes and early entry to Sea World and Aquatica on select dates -- those might be worth it.

I don't think I would stay at the Universal hotel for the days that I was Sea World only because the Universal hotel is expensive -- I would probably move to a hotel closer to Sea World, Aquatica & Discovery Cove.

What do you mean by on site for Sea World -- do you mean a hotel that's across the street or nearby to Sea World? What advantages does that offer that you would use.

SeaWorld has a selection of official partner hotels that offer several benefits over other local properties. From the website:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-orlando/Park-Info/Region/Vacation-Packages

Official Hotel Partners

Take Advantage of these Exclusive Benefits from our On-Site Hotels

Our On-Site hotels, the Official Hotels of SeaWorld, are all within walking distance of our parks. These properties offer their guests exclusive benefits including:

Complimentary transportation to SeaWorld, AquaticaTM, Discovery Cove® and Universal Orlando*

Complimentary Quick Queue (front-of-the-line access) at SeaWorld*

Exclusive access to the “SeaWorld Rescue Tour” at SeaWorld on Early Entry dates and every Saturday all year long**

Free shuttle to Busch Gardens Tampa® on the Busch Gardens Shuttle Express (Busch Gardens Ticket and shuttle reservation required)

And in addition, guests at any of our Official Hotels and other Hotels Partners also can take advantage of Early Entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica on select dates in peak season and discounts on dining and select merchandise purchases at SeaWorld and Aquatica.

We have done US, SW and WDW on various trips where we stayed on-site (US/WDW) and nearby (SW). I would recommend staying where you get the advantage over the general public. Front of line and early entrance makes a significant difference. An example would be Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Early entrance mornings saves you a lot of time; Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey..near walk on. It a big time saver to walk past long public ride lines. It allows you to do more with your time. The three US resorts are all nice and provide rates lower than Disney with nicer room. Check club rates too, the cost difference sometimes is the price of breakfast.

I would consider a split stay in your situation, stay at a Universal hotel for your Uni days and stay at a Seaworld partner hotel for those. The unlimited quick que at Seaworld is terrific, and the hotels are affordable as well. We stayed at the Springhill Suites at Seaworld recently, these are kinda jr suites, I would say, the sitting area is seperated from the bedroom by a partial wall and desk, but had 2 queen beds plus a pullout couch for @ $100 per night, included a buffet breakfast and the quick que passes, we walked onto all the rides at Seaworld literally, and my husband and daughter were able to ride Manta back row (which is the most thrilling location) 5 times in a row, we also rode middle and front row before I talked them into back row, so total I rode 3 times, they rode 8. Seaworld is one of our favorite parks, it doesn't have a LOT of rides, but the ones they have are REALLY good, and the shows are terrific!

I think you're seriously overestimating the amount of time you'll want to spend at those two parks. I could see two days at each, maybe, but three could be way too much time.

I agree with above OP, 3 days at SW is a lot! However, I believe if you purchase DC tickets you get unlimited days at SW for 14 days. At least that is how it is now, not sure if that changes for the summer.

I would stay onsite at Universal..The onsite perks are really worth the money.I dont think Seaworld needs that many days, but it might.Universal can take as long or as little as you want.We were there for 5 full days and had a blast.Took things really slow though.You can do both parks in 2 full days.

We will be going to Florida in June and want to spend about 3 days each at Universal and SeaWorld. Discovery Cove is on our list of things to do and I noticed they give you tickets for Seaworld. The hotel offers tickets to Seaworld as well. Since we don't need both should we just stay the whole time at a Universal Hotel or an off site SeaWold hotel? ( would there be any benifit to staying on site at Seaworld ?). What I would love to know is how to get the most inclusive package for both places. I don't mind hotel hopping or paying a little extra I just want to go and not worry about anything. Also , any ideas on side activities to make it extra special? Interactive programs at SeaWorld or maybe a neat little shopping town close by. There will be three of us but if the packages are for a family of four I'm sure we can find a friend to tag along. Thanks for any help.

I would split your stay between the US resort and then the resort that offers the best benefit for Seaworld. For additional activities, take a look at the special tours or offerings on the website. The schedules change sometimes so it is best to look there and see what fits in. I know they used to have the "trainer for a day" at Seaworld where you get to help feed the animals and see behind the scenes. Not sure if they still do it or not. We have only done one day trip to US/IOA so I can't really suggest anything there. A trip to DTD for shopping and dinner may be a nice break for something else to do.

Don't forget-when you buy a ticket to Discovery Cove you automatically get unlimited tickets/visits to Sea World and Aquatica. But not vice versa. Universal is not included in this deal. Don't buy separate tix to Discovery Cove & Sea World!

You might want to check out the Universal/Sea World forums here, since this forum is for WDW and you don't seem to be planning on going to WDW.

As was mentioned stay onsite at Universal. IMHO, 2 days is enough. Especially when staying onsite and if you get their equivalent of a park hopper. That way you only need 1 night at a Universal hotel. The express pass is good for the day of check in AND check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter