Visiting London in Oct, Anything to know so we don't insult Londoners?

Its really nice that you're taking steps to consider culture in the UK. :flower1:

I am pretty relaxed when it comes to tourists, as you can't expect them to know everything, but the only thing that I get a real deep reaction to is the backwards peace sign. That is to say first two fingers facing towards me. This in the UK is the same as the middle finger.

Even though I know not everyone has this same culture, because I was brought up that this is swearing at someone, I can't help but feel put off when someone does it.

The other way round with the palm facing me is perfectly OK! that is the peace sign. :hippie:

I've been doing a little research on my own about the Underground / Tube system. Can someone please confirm that you can use Apple Pay instead of an Oyster card? Have you used it and what is your experience with using Apple Pay on the Underground system. Thanks.

Yes you can, works seamless for me on my Watch and Phone. Contactless is used alot here, so anywhere you can use contactless, you can use Apple Pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter