Virgin River

I’m in the middle of season 1. Just saw the episode where her sister comes to visit and they go to the moonlight mingle dance.
Still curious what’s up with Paige and her secrets.

I’m in the middle of season 1. Just saw the episode where her sister comes to visit and they go to the moonlight mingle dance.
Still curious what’s up with Paige and her secrets.
You'll find out about Paige soon. It's a big part of season 2.

I'm guessing that Sophie from This is Us won't be returning to the show anytime soon, since the actress has the lead role of Mel in Virgin River.

I looked up the cast. I remember Alexandra Breckenridge from True Blood and The Walking Dead, she didn't last long on either show. 💀

It's about a nurse from Los Angeles who takes a temporary job at a small town clinic and all the colorful characters she comes across in the little town. Of course there's a love interest, as well. It's supposed to be set in the NW, in Oregon I believe. Filmed in Canada and the scenery is gorgeous.
Sounds like Northern Exposure. A New York doctor takes a job in a small town in Alaska. Colorful characters along the way. And of course, there was a love interest!

My daughter and I have turned it into a (fake) drinking game. (We wouldn't be able to sit up straight if we used real alcohol, since we tend to binge watch it and these pop up constantly.)

Take a drink every time:
  • Mel says, "My name is Mel, and I'm a nurse."
  • they show the Jack's Bar sign and the "and Grill" part is too small to read
  • there is a flashback to the past
  • they play a bad cover to a popular song
  • they show a view of the river
  • every time the whole concept of "always trust a man with experience" ideology raises it's head

My daughter and I have turned it into a (fake) drinking game. (We wouldn't be able to sit up straight if we used real alcohol, since we tend to binge watch it and these pop up constantly.)

Take a drink every time:
  • Mel says, "My name is Mel, and I'm a nurse."
  • they show the Jack's Bar sign and the "and Grill" part is too small to read
  • there is a flashback to the past
  • they play a bad cover to a popular song
  • they show a view of the river
  • every time the whole concept of "always trust a man with experience" ideology raises it's head
Those are all in every episode, multiple times!! I'd be sloshed.

I looked up the cast. I remember Alexandra Breckenridge from True Blood and The Walking Dead, she didn't last long on either show. 💀

Sounds like Northern Exposure. A New York doctor takes a job in a small town in Alaska. Colorful characters along the way. And of course, there was a love interest!
She didn't stick around too long as Sophie on This is Us either.

I don't typically like "chick" shows, but this one hooked me. I tried to watch Sweet Magnolias, but I couldn't make it through the first episode.

The acting isn't great. The story is ok, but I can't turn away.

Have never seen the show but Annette O'Toole actually lived across the street from me when I was growing up. I felt really bad for her Father because at a young age Mom took her to California to be a star and Dad lived in the house by himself and Annette and the Mom seemed to never visit. He just seemed like a sad old man to me most of the time and we hardly ever saw him around the neighborhood.

I watched the first season a few weeks ago so I was glad to see season 2 so soon, but I watched it all in two days... so now I have to wait and see what happens next.

It is amusing to me to see so many actors I know from Canadian filmed shows, like Andromeda and Stargate.

It's about a nurse from Los Angeles who takes a temporary job at a small town clinic and all the colorful characters she comes across in the little town. Of course there's a love interest, as well. It's supposed to be set in the NW, in Oregon I believe. Filmed in Canada and the scenery is gorgeous.

The quirkiness of the characters kind of reminds me of Northern Exposure, but less comedic more drama. It's supposed to be set in Northern California, near Eureka. Ca license plates and the pot farms would indicate the emerald triangle region.

I binged season 1 over the summer and am trying to spread out season 2. So far I'm three episodes in. I really enjoy the show and the quirky characters. I might have to read the series to fill the void once season two is finished. Fingers crossed the show will continue and not become a casualty of 2020.

Also enjoyed Sweet Magnolias. Really hope that we get a season 2 and before 2022.

The quirkiness of the characters kind of reminds me of Northern Exposure, but less comedic more drama. It's supposed to be set in Northern California, near Eureka. Ca license plates and the pot farms would indicate the emerald triangle region.
Shows how much I payed attention to the details. I guess I missed the license plates and everything else.

I watched the first season a few weeks ago so I was glad to see season 2 so soon, but I watched it all in two days... so now I have to wait and see what happens next.

It is amusing to me to see so many actors I know from Canadian filmed shows, like Andromeda and Stargate.

Yes, I noticed this too. I finished up season one and recognized Michael Shanks who is actually married to the actress who plays Paige in real life. She was the 2nd doctor on sg1. Dr. Fraser from sg1 also guessed starred too.

Just finished. Went way too quick after waiting what felt like forever for it.

I know this is a series of books. For those that have read them do Preacher and Paige actually have their own story? I might read them just for that if they do. Preacher is hands down my favorite followed by Doc.

Just finished. Went way too quick after waiting what felt like forever for it.

I know this is a series of books. For those that have read them do Preacher and Paige actually have their own story? I might read them just for that if they do. Preacher is hands down my favorite followed by Doc.

The 2nd book in the series, Shelter Mountain, covers Preacher's and Paige's story. Here is the synopsis:

"For the second time in a year, a woman arrives in the small town of Virgin River trying to escape her past.
John “Preacher” Middleton is about to close the bar when a young woman and her three-year-old son come in out of the wet October night. A marine who has seen his share of pain, Preacher knows a crisis when he sees one—the woman is covered in bruises. He wants to protect them, and to punish whoever did this, but he knows immediately that this is more than just instinct. Paige Lassiter has stirred up emotions in this gentle giant of a man—emotions that he has never allowed himself to feel.
Then Paige’s ex-husband turns up in Virgin River. And if there’s one thing the marines’ motto of Semper Fi—always faithful—has taught Preacher, it’s that some things are worth fighting for."

I've read the first two books in the series and really enjoyed them.

Finished last night, definitely liked the first season better but if there's another I'll continue to watch.
I've got the first books on my Kindle so I'll read those. Hoping my library has the others available.
Just checked and they are all there but most of them on a waitlist. I'll keep myself occupied with those until the next season comes out.

Just started last week and now midway through the 2nd season. Face palming because I could not place why Mel was so familiar until I just was reminded here that she was Sophie lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter