VIP Tours at DLR/DCA

There is NO lower level VIP Tour. It's the same tour - there's isn't a distinct Premium Tour.
Actually, there is a lower level. It is about $150 cheaper, and instead of using FP lines and back door entries, they get you FPs or wait in line with you. I've used both.

You CAN ask for the Dream Suite to be added and I've never been denied. But C33 isn't usually doable since it's a private "club". A family friend did the VIP Tour last month and they were told no for C33 even when asking a week before and I had to make a call for them separate from the tour.
I've been told the Dream Suite and Walt's Apartment are not available to people on the VIP tours. (I believe you have stated your tours have been with a celebrity so this may have been a difference.) I will see what I can find out today regarding this. As far as the Club, it was available prior to the refurb. It was based on availability on the day of the tour. *IF* there was seating available on the day, they would allow the party to make a reservation. However, if you had a party of 10 touring on a Saturday or Sunday, the chances of availability was slim. Since the refurb, I haven't heard. I will check on this also.

The only rides that are not FP for the VIP Tour are Peter Pan, Luigi's Tires, and Storybook Canals for some weird reason.
You enter through the exits for all the ones that don't have a FP.
Luigi's was initially on it, but they moved it to Mater's. The following rides are rides available on tour in addition to all FP rides:

Disneyland attractions:

It’s a Small World
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Matterhorn Bobsleds
(One more Fantasyland ride, but don't remember)

Disney California Adventure attractions:

Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue
Muppet *Vision 3D
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Jumpin’ Jellyfish
Ariel’s Undersea Adventure

STarting times - We usually start mid afternoon, simply because I enjoy riding Racers at night.

. Peter Pan is also NOT on the VIP. It is on another tour, though, so maybe that's what was seen here..

I have to wonder how/why they were getting on PP if its not VIP. They weren't on a guided tour (no headsets), and were just a group of four normal people with a Plaid. Interesting.

I forgot to mention we had the option to watch Fantasmic! from the Dream Suite once on the VIP Tour. You can ask for that!

Excuse me for asking but can someone explain what the Dream Suite is and what is its significance?

Some good tips. Thanks for sharing. I didn't even think of starting later in the day when the crowds pick up to take full advantage of the VIP Tour and the quick access to the rides rather than wasting them early in the day.

It seems that we're getting mixed info on C33 about whether people can do it or not. It seems that the reports coming in might have been some time ago. Can anybody report back from a recent trip if they were able to get C33 and on what day you got it? I would think that mid-week might be easier than a Saturday.

I've been told the Dream Suite and Walt's Apartment are not available to people on the VIP tours.

On our last VIP Tour a few weeks ago I asked our guide about this, and she said if you requested it when you made your reservation, they would try to accommodate you - no guarantees, but she said she had done tours that included it.

I forgot to mention we had the option to watch Fantasmic! from the Dream Suite once on the VIP Tour. You can ask for that!

That's a terrific idea. The Dream Suite is hands-down the BEST place to view Fantasmic!

I have to wonder how/why they were getting on PP if its not VIP. They weren't on a guided tour (no headsets), and were just a group of four normal people with a Plaid. Interesting.

Two possibilities that I can think of -- either this was before they changed the attractions available to VIP (it changes periodically), or this was part of the other tour that does do PP.

Personally I've ridden on PP with one of those "come back anytime" FPs by going in the exit after the ride went down after I'd been waiting a long time in line. Maybe they were doing this and had a plaid with them for some other reason? Or maybe they won some kind of contest.

Two possibilities that I can think of -- either this was before they changed the attractions available to VIP (it changes periodically), or this was part of the other tour that does do PP.

Personally I've ridden on PP with one of those "come back anytime" FPs by going in the exit after the ride went down after I'd been waiting a long time in line. Maybe they were doing this and had a plaid with them for some other reason? Or maybe they won some kind of contest.
A third possibility is it was a tour for a celebrity (maybe one the person didn't recognize) as they will use the exit. I know Jamie Curtis has used the entrance when on tour.

On our last VIP Tour a few weeks ago I asked our guide about this, and she said if you requested it when you made your reservation, they would try to accommodate you - no guarantees, but she said she had done tours that included it.

That's a terrific idea. The Dream Suite is hands-down the BEST place to view Fantasmic!
Thanks, I will call in the morning!!

Quick follow on question. Looking at Hydroguy's great WoC superthread, there are two reserved sections: The "reserved dining" section and the VIP section. From a planning perspective, it'd be good to know so we know when to show up to get good spots since we have a 4 year old.

Sadly, I no longer worry about my boys since they outstretch me.

My asssumption is that you are booked to the reserved dining section, but want to confirm.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter