• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Views

Mercdesman

Mouseketeer
I have a question, we are booking for our trip the end of the month. I was wondering if the 50 to 100 extra points for the better views is really worth it. I was going to book an Island view instead of an ocean or a pool view. I don’t know what there is to do. There would be just be sitting in the resort, relaxing? Are there outside places to sit throughout the evening? I’m just starting my research, any advice would be helpful.

I don't care about views when I stay at WDW or DL because we are rarely in the room, so I usually request standard views to save on points. Aulani is this different where it's worth it to splurge on ocean view. The island view is sufficient if you don't have enough points, but the ocean view is fantastic. We spend more time in the room because, being from the east coast, we are awake super early before things open and too tired in the evening. When you are up super early, it's nice to lounge on the patio and watch the sunrise. Also, in the evening, it is nice to have a nightcap on the patio listening to the music at the bar.

If the option is a view or staying longer, always stay longer. It really depends on the type of vacation that you are planning. Are you going to be out and about most of the day or do you plan on sitting out on your balcony for long periods of time? Or if you have the extra points and it is no big deal to use them, then go for an ocean view. We have been lucky and have booked and Island garden view and have requested a high floor overlooking the luau lawn and have got that both times. We could see the ocean, part of the Island, and the luau.

If at all possible splurge for the view! The courtyard and ocean view are both beautiful! From your balcony, you can hear music from the downstairs patio bar and see characters. It is amazing to watch the sunrise while drinking coffee on your balcony and still a beautiful view having a late nightcap too.

We have had all kinds of different views. Last time was an island view, but overlooked the Luau, so it was great.
As said before, stay longer, view is secondary.

We had an island gardens view and loved it so much. We could watch the luau from our balconies. Booked it again even though we know we may not get that same vantage point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter