View of Harmonious from Nine Dragons for NYE?

riddlemethis

Disney Mom
Hi all-

The only res I could get for NYE was Nine Dragons at 6:15 PM. I read that Epcot is doing NYE fireworks 2x, once at 6:45 and once at 11:40pm.

For our res at 9 dragons, will we be able to see the show from inside the restaurant?

We wanted the hacienda or patio at other places but they're unavailable. I have a touring plans res search set for hacienda at 6pm with my fingers crossed.

I'm not sure about the viewing options but I wanted to share that IF Epcot is showing their fireworks twice on NYE, it has not been officially announced yet or populated on their website.

If you have a link to an official announcement by Disney about a second showing I know many would like to know that but as of now, it may just be rumour.

I'm not sure about the viewing options but I wanted to share that IF Epcot is showing their fireworks twice on NYE, it has not been officially announced yet or populated on their website.

View attachment 620488

If you have a link to an official announcement by Disney about a second showing I know many would like to know that but as of now, it may just be rumour.

Ooooh good to know!
We weren't planning on sticking around until midnight anyways.

Harmonious is best if you can view it straight on. I believe Nine Dragons will put you at a 90 degree angle, so you'll only be seeing the side view. We watched from a spot close to the American adventure and got a pretty good view.

Harmonious is best if you can view it straight on. I believe Nine Dragons will put you at a 90 degree angle, so you'll only be seeing the side view. We watched from a spot close to the American adventure and got a pretty good view.

Thank you for this! It's unfortunate that they made a show that must be viewed from 180°. Hopefully a different res will pop up.

I'm not sure there is really any view of the fireworks from inside that restaurant.
If there is, you will be at the wrong angle.
The best view of the show is at 90 degrees from the central circle.
That means either being between the 2 stores at the entrance to WS or from Japan to Italy on the opposite side.
Our last trip, we were near Canada (opposite from where you will be). We could see nothing in the main ring which has the main part of the show.
If you just want to see fireworks, anywhere works.

As others have said, there isn’t really a view from Nine Dragons. You can see for yourself using the street view on Google maps. Also, the last time I had Nine Dragons, I was not impressed with the food. I had read many iffy reviews, but love Chinese food, so I still wanted to try it. That was a few years ago though, so hopefully it’s improved since then.

As others have said, there isn’t really a view from Nine Dragons. You can see for yourself using the street view on Google maps. Also, the last time I had Nine Dragons, I was not impressed with the food. I had read many iffy reviews, but love Chinese food, so I still wanted to try it. That was a few years ago though, so hopefully it’s improved since then.

Thank you!

Yeah I am hoping for something else to pop up but seeing as I am asking about NYE, I doubt it.

Hi all-

The only res I could get for NYE was Nine Dragons at 6:15 PM. I read that Epcot is doing NYE fireworks 2x, once at 6:45 and once at 11:40pm.

For our res at 9 dragons, will we be able to see the show from inside the restaurant?

We wanted the hacienda or patio at other places but they're unavailable. I have a touring plans res search set for hacienda at 6pm with my fingers crossed.

View attachment 620488

We did NYE a few years back - Illuminations. What they did was run the regular show at 6:30ish and it was the REGULAR, every day Illuminations. Then at midnight they ran the NYE fireworks which were Illuminations plus lots more. Now with this new show, new equipment that doesn't move, no telling what will happen.

That said we did eat at Nine Dragons that night and it was beyond awful from service to food ... and there you would have to get one of the few tables at the windows closest to Norway. And you'll likely have obstructions and lots of people in front of you.

If you are planning to leave early I would just watch the fireworks then leave to eat at a resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter