Via Napoli - What Would You Do

Like Rusty said they do have 3 top tables. They may have also plotted you to sit at the large communal table. We've been seated there a couple of times when there was 2 or 3 of us.

My advice is to keep checking. People cancel all the time. Hopefully everything works out :wizard:

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but what about going the other way. I have a 7 seat res at Coral Reef in Sep. One of the party may be cancelling his trip, leaving us with 6. There are no 6-person reservations available, and he will not know if he is cancelling until last minute (days before). Will they seat us if we show up with 6?

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but what about going the other way. I have a 7 seat res at Coral Reef in Sep. One of the party may be cancelling his trip, leaving us with 6. There are no 6-person reservations available, and he will not know if he is cancelling until last minute (days before). Will they seat us if we show up with 6?

Yes. Taking someone off isn't a problem because they can keep you a the same table.

I have decided that I will call again today and if they cannot change the reservation, it will be canceled and I will book another ADR some where else, I already have a back up plan. I realize that Disney has reasons for what they do, and I don't think that anyone, including myself ever insinuated that they didn't, so I will abide by the rules. Thank you to all of you for your opinions.

I would keep looking online. When I first made our Via Napoli ADR after our 180 day mark, I could only get a 4:30 which was a little too early for us. I just kept checking every single day for 2 weeks. Out of nowhere on a Sunday afternoon, a 5:45pm ADR showed up. People cancel all the time so I do think you will eventually get one for 4 people. :thumbsup2

Yes...not a problem and won't charge you a no-show fee as long as 1 person on the resie shows up.

The only thing you can do is show up with the 4th person and hope they let you in.

And it has nothing to do with the size of the tables, but the capacity of the restaurant. Have a backup plan (which should involve at least some of you eating at VN if you want to avoid the no-show fee)

We decided that rather then have dinner at Via Napoli that day, we will have a late lunch at 3:10. So I canceled the dinner reservation and made the late lunch one. Everyone is happy now! DD gets to eat at the restaurant of her choice and I am not worrying about whether they will let us in or not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter