VGF worth the Money ? Why I think YES!!!

You like to go round and round with your logic, Dean....I get it...you always have an answer. However, this particular poster responded to ME....and I have been clear all along that my reasoning involved the booking of a studio. So....because they were addressing ME and not you....what I was saying is more relevant than what you thought other people might be saying...right?

Honestly....just let it rest....why do you constantly have the need to jump in with more negativity....I don't get it at all. Someone addressed me in a comment and I responded. What I was talking about prior to their comment is the ONLY thing that is relevant....your circuitous logic notwithstanding....

As to the others who enjoy piling on, I don't care if you want to stay in a 2 bedroom, a house, or the white house. I bought because I wanted to stay in a studio. The studio is bigger than a standard hotel room and suits me and my family just fine....I can't see myself EVER being interested in staying in a 1BR...maybe a 2br or grand villa at some point if I come with others. But that's not the point. I bought this for my family and we want to stay in a studio.

Given that, buying at VGF made complete sense for us....still does....emphatically so. And I believe will make even MORE sense in the future.
Enjoy your ownership, see you at VGF.

You used $1 which you think will be conservative long term, even though SSR is older than VGF, more sprawling, and in more need of repair than VGF...even though they are 50 cents apart now....you think VGF is just gonna make a sudden leap from the pack and SSR is going to remain cheap for all you resale people? lol

We included cash for your VGF stays because that was your contention....buy at SSR and pay cash for VGF stays and you're better off. Stay with the program. You set the program Dean...

You forgot one factor in your analysis...you're staying at SSR and I'm staying at VGF....end of game. I could also forgo the whole thing and stay at the All star and save money...right? Of course, it isn't comparable....we all know that...but if we're only talking about $, that's where we should all be, right? Otherwise, we've made a poor financial decision. See where I'm going Dean?

For someone who wants to buy at VGF, SSR isn't the next best thing....
Do you have any extra points for January use at the Grand Floridian? This board drives me nuts as it is the only one that mentions nothing about anyone that actually wants to buy, sell, or rent points. Other resort pages do, but not this one:mad:. I would like to set up a network or DVC owners to simplify what this board is clearly lacking.

Do you have any extra points for January use at the Grand Floridian? This board drives me nuts as it is the only one that mentions nothing about anyone that actually wants to buy, sell, or rent points. Other resort pages do, but not this one:mad:. I would like to set up a network or DVC owners to simplify what this board is clearly lacking.
There is a rent-trade board...
http://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/

I know this is an old thread, but I (we) are sorry we did not buy more VGF points than we did! You cannot even wait list to buy more points, imagine that!

I know this is an old thread, but I (we) are sorry we did not buy more VGF points than we did! You cannot even wait list to buy more points, imagine that!

Where are you reading/seeing this? I was hoping to get a small contract in my use year soon.

We asked just last week when we were on the Wonder. There are no wait lists taken by DVC to buy at BCV, VGF or VGC!

I wonder if the majority of people purchasing VGF are doing so with the plan to stay mostly in studios because of the high point cost of the rooms and if so will I have a decent chance of getting a 1 bedroom there at the 7 month mark. I hope so or I should say my daughter is hoping so as this next trip I went the cheap route and booked a studio for the week at VGF when she was really wanting a 1b. Told her next time I'd book the 1b.

Well I finally managed to get into the VGF again for 6 nights in a studio in May 2016. Oddly enough I wasn't even trying to get it at the 7 month mark but was just randomly looking at availability to see what kind of a split stay I could do when 6 days showed up. What luck.

No 1 bedroom for my daughter again though!

this argument has been going on since I bought in 16 years ago... but then it was about BWV. All I know is that my DVC has weathered the good times in my life and the tough times in my life and I share our remaining 130 point contract with my now ex husband (we had owned up to 350 points at one point) and for my $35 a month share in dues I can take my son every other year for more than a week in a deluxe accommodation I could not even dream about affording paying cash now. We bought in for $55 a point with magical beginnings (so maybe it was a bit more actually since I think we had to pay dues on those points) and even financed, which would have gotten horrible clucking on the boards, but we did. We took the money we were spending anyway on AP discounted rooms and put that toward financing a DVC contract... it was about equal. We sold our points for $90 a point when we sold off our 170 and 50 point contracts so even with finance charges, we came out ahead. I don't have the energy to do the math but I think if you hold onto it long enough, you will be glad you did. JMHO.

You can pick up more on the resale market at any time.

Just get one with the same UY.

Old thread but it sure was an enjoyable read.

I especially liked the speculations about resort availability and resale prices from two years ago....:crazy:

For us we bought VGF to stay pretty much primarily at that resort. Our points get us our anniversary in October and a weekend stay over Christmastime. When we go for our birthdays in February and the end of March, so far we have been getting cash reservations... Ah here comes more addonitis I think... But now looking at other resale contracts so we can try the other DVC resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter