VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

It looks like there are some other DVC members here now helping with food info too. We ate at Shutters our first night, and we thought it was very good too. My husband had the pork tenderloin, and it was fantastic. They also have burgers and regular food items on that menu. The banana, chocolate chip bread pudding dessert was to die for... it came with vanilla sauce, extra chocolate chips, and caramel sauce. I also really liked the corn bread.

On Wednesday night, Shutters was closed because there was a wedding in the conference room, so they had a buffet in the Green Cabin Room for $19 for adults. I think it was around $12 for the kids. It was a bummer because we wanted Shutters food again, however, we really enjoyed the buffet. They had beef tenderloin, chicken cacciatore, pesto pasta with shrimp, cooked veggies, potatoes (much like the really good breakfast ones), and salad. There could have been more...everyone liked it.

There is a Grab and Go near the lobby, but I keep hitting the breakfast buffet and haven't made it all the way down in the morning. I will try to remember to check it out in the morning just for fun.

I also tried the food by the pool today with my hubby and son. We ordered burgers and hot dogs which were also very good. We have gone into town to eat at a few places too, but we have been satisfied by the food at the resort, and we are very picky. We were not happy at all with the food at Aulani, and my DH and I both agreed that it was better here even with the restaurants under construction, and it was more affordable.

On a side note, we loved this resort and plan on hitting it every year now. There is so much to do here for the kids, but it is also laid back and so relaxing with the beautiful ocean. I can't say enough good things about our stay here so far. I will be sad to leave on Sunday!

I cant thank you enough for taking your precious vacation time and posting cindyzig! You have added the excitement back into our trip!! There hasn't been much for recent posts on the boards lately and a few other threads had some pretty negative comments on Vero stating the kids were bored and that the whole place closes down by 6 and really has nothing to do. I was getting nervous and not looking forward to our trip as much as I had been!! Its good to hear that there are families that have had a positive experience and want to return :)

I cant thank you enough for taking your precious vacation time and posting cindyzig! You have added the excitement back into our trip!! There hasn't been much for recent posts on the boards lately and a few other threads had some pretty negative comments on Vero stating the kids were bored and that the whole place closes down by 6 and really has nothing to do. I was getting nervous and not looking forward to our trip as much as I had been!! Its good to hear that there are families that have had a positive experience and want to return :)

I saw that too when I was looking for information before our trip to Vero. I am really happy to share with others since I had such a hard time finding information for my trip. I am trying to share some photos of the Shutters menu (but it could change again soon when the new restaurant opens) and of the activities offered for the week. You will see that most activities require adult supervision, so my DH went down with my son and the made swords, shark tooth necklaces, trick or treat bags, and wreathes together. The Unbirthday party on Friday was a big hit and that one does not require adult supervision. My father in law played bingo with my son, and he spent a ton of time at the pool/slide and made sand castles on the beach with the family. One night we went night swimming since the slide doesn't close until 9 pm and the pool does not close until 10 pm. We stargazed as a family one night at 9 pm and we are doing the campfire tonight with smore's at 8:30 pm. Character breakfast is in the morning tomorrow, and we ran into a meet and greet on Monday with Goofy and Donald on Monday on our way out to dinner on the town. Tonight, there was a pirate in the lobby, he gave our son a pirate flag. My son has always wanted a massage, so this spa allows a short one for kids which he is trying tomorrow with me sitting nearby. I decided to give the spa a try for myself in the afternoon. We have spent a few different trips to the beach standing in the waves and looking for shells too.

There was no way for us to hit everything we wanted to try, so that will have to wait until next time. We have Vero Beach Deluxe Ocean View rooms, so one day I caught a beautiful wedding on the lawn on our balcony as I was taking far away pictures of my son and DH shell hunting on the beach. It was not Disney World, but that is not what we wanted this trip. I am still sad to leave on Sunday. The week flew by! Here are my menu pictures and activity schedule. The activity schedule does not have the Saturday character breakfast or the campfire on Monday/Wednesday and Friday listed on this page, so don't forget about those things. Have fun and let us know if the restaurants open on your trip!
Shutters Menu 1.jpg

Attachments

• Shutters Menu 2.jpg
    Shutters Menu 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 43
  • weekly activities vero.jpg
    weekly activities vero.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
For those of you you looking for a fun side trip Coutryside Citrus has opened their corn maze for the fall season. Info available at countrysidecornmaze.com

It turns out the Disney's Vero Beach Rocks Facebook group is very active, Jen, so if you don't get an answer here, try there, it might already be posted!

As someone who deliberately steers well clear of Facebook I just want to add a thanks to the folks who keep this board alive and so active!!!

IMG_0319_zpskclbhxrh.jpg

Last edited:
Back from our stay 2 weeks ago. Got to try a couple of different entrees at Shutters which we were told would be on the new menu at Wind and Waves. Saw some of the equipment being installed for the market. Were told the new restaurant will be very small, only occupying the main area of shutters with the porch area becoming a bar area. we stayed in building 14 so I still did not get a chance to get any pictures of renovated units, maybe they will all be done by our next trip in July. If anyone gets any pictures of the units or new restaurants please share them.

Gnocchi
was on the menu the second time we were there, didn't realize the menu had changed

Florida Gulf Shrimp + Grits
Delicious and just a bit spicy

beach side water access
Thanks for sharing your photos, RSHEALAND.

Your photo of the beach drinking fountains shows some of beach erosion Vero suffered after Hurricane Matthew swept by the resort last month. The drinking fountains are now about five feet above the level of the beach.

I called this week to ask about booking Christmas lunch and I was told they don't even have details for Thanksgiving yet!! Wow, cutting it close! This will be our first Christmas at VB, can anyone advise what they usually do for a special lunch/dinner? Thanks

We always visit in the fall and the waves beat us around. Wondering if the surf is a little more calm in May?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter