Venting about $199 ticket offer

Peace Mickey Lovers

Mouseketeer
So I am really upset, DVC hardly ever offers any kind of ticket discount except on the annual pass. I have a family reunion planned with 18 people in December. I called today and asked if we were able to change our 3 day passes to the new 4 day they are offering and was told absolutely not. I am so angry right now!!!:furious::furious::furious:

Disney's policy is that tickets and any ticket options are nonrefundable.

You could try contacting the ticketing department at WDW (instead of DVC) and talk to them about getting a refund on your 3 day tickets.

Been thinking about DVC, keep going back and forth...but now am confused...I though the point of DVC was that you would use your points to book your vacation (room AND tickets)...so are you telling me that tickets aren't something you can buy with points? You have to buy them without any discount and the DVC only applies to room booking?

Thinking we really aren't interested in DVC then.

Been thinking about DVC, keep going back and forth...but now am confused...I though the point of DVC was that you would use your points to book your vacation (room AND tickets)...so are you telling me that tickets aren't something you can buy with points? You have to buy them without any discount and the DVC only applies to room booking?

Thinking we really aren't interested in DVC then.

Tickets are not included, you are buying a deeded interest in a limited life timeshare, nothing more. From time to time DVC works out a discount with Disney parks allowing DVC owners to buy AP's or tickets at a discount. The offerings seem to always have a catch, must buy by and/or use by dates. A premium AP even though you don't want the premium features.

:earsboy: Bill

So I am really upset, DVC hardly ever offers any kind of ticket discount except on the annual pass. I have a family reunion planned with 18 people in December. I called today and asked if we were able to change our 3 day passes to the new 4 day they are offering and was told absolutely not. I am so angry right now!!!:furious::furious::furious:

Can't you use the 3 day passes in the future?

Has it been confirmed that you can buy DVC tickets for people not living at your house?

Tickets are not included, you are buying a deeded interest in a limited life timeshare, nothing more. From time to time DVC works out a discount with Disney parks allowing DVC owners to buy AP's or tickets at a discount. The offerings seem to always have a catch, must buy by and/or use by dates. A premium AP even though you don't want the premium features.

Guess I thought from the promotional stuff that when you booked your stay, part of the points were also for tickets...they really gloss over that. Thanks for the info, DVC is looking less appealing, more like a money drain.

I hear everything you are saying to me, I am going to call back and confirm about only tickets in the household. As far as the 8 tickets my self and another DVC family are providing the rooms for all our family therefor they caould also purchase the tickets.
I am not looking for a refund just to change the tickets to the 4 day and not a 3 day.
Of course I am not to optomistic on Disney making any kind of exception. But it just is upsetting they dont , I feel , do enough to keep the DVC ers happy. And I have owned DVC since 1994.

Guess I thought from the promotional stuff that when you booked your stay, part of the points were also for tickets...they really gloss over that. Thanks for the info, DVC is looking less appealing, more like a money drain.

I can't say I've seen anything in recent DVC promotions that indicates anything about tickets being included? And by recent I'm thinking the past 10 years or so....

I can't think of any DVC perk / discount or promotion that works for everyone.

While it is sometimes very disappointing when a particular offer doesn't work for me, I don't think I should fault DVC for making it available to others, or for not making it flexible / generous enough. I don't want DVC to stop trying!!

Wish we could all just be happy for those who can take advantage of a particular offer and if it doesn't work for us this time, hope that maybe the next one will.

PML, on another ticket promo thread someone mentioned that they were allowed to UPGRADE their lesser ticket to the promo ticket. So while they may not be able to do refunds or exchanges ask them, Disney Ticketing, about things they generally can do like UPGRADE. Just remember the promo ticket is not upgradeable, or extendable and if the other tickets cost more than $199 you wouldn't get a refund/exchange etc.

OP - Disney's policy is they do not offer refunds of tickets. I am not sure why you would expect that a DVC perk would be to offer you a ticket refund for a ticket you bought. I suppose that would be a nice perk, but the fact that they don't give it wouldn't get me upset.

I don't think they've ever mentioned anything about tickets with points. You DO get a discount on Annual Passes as a DVC member. You also get discounts on some restaurants and stores as well.

However, the biggest benefit is what you are paying for the room. Long-term the discount is huge, especially if you buy points resale. You should consider anything you get beyond that a "bonus" and never assume that it will be there forever.

PML, on another ticket promo thread someone mentioned that they were allowed to UPGRADE their lesser ticket to the promo ticket. So while they may not be able to do refunds or exchanges ask them, Disney Ticketing, about things they generally can do like UPGRADE. Just remember the promo ticket is not upgradeable, or extendable and if the other tickets cost more than $199 you wouldn't get a refund/exchange etc.

You may be referring to a post I made on the other thread. I was originally told that I could switch/upgrade my 2 day magic your way tickets to this promotional ticket because the 2 day ticket was cheaper(therefore no refund involved, I would pay a few dollars more per ticket). I have since been told by a different cast member that this is NOT the case; I absolutely can not do this. The CM kept telling me that we could save the 2 day tickets for a future trip, but these tickets are for my parents who are older and they may not ever go back to Disney. I have the DVC AP so I really can't use the 2day tix either. :-(

Long-term the discount is huge, especially if you buy points resale. You should consider anything you get beyond that a "bonus" and never assume that it will be there forever.

This is exactly how we looked at our recent DVC GVF (direct) and AKL (resale)

Probly the best advice I received from the DVC DISboards..

What was this $199 offer people are speaking of? I must live in a cave. lol

From the member website:
Experience More Theme Park Magic With A Promotional Ticket Offer!
Disney Vacation Club Members can now enjoy even more Theme Park magic at Walt Disney World with a special 4-Day, 4-Park Disney Vacation Club Promotional Ticket, brought to you as part of Membership Magic!

For a limited time, Members can purchase this 4-Day 4-Park ticket for $199 plus tax per person (adult or child) and save on experiencing each of the 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks on your next vacation! Please note that the ticket is only valid for one-day one-park admission (parks may not be repeated). With world-class attractions, award-winning entertainment and so much more, now’s a great time to visit the Theme Parks!

To find out more information including offer dates and how to purchase, please visit the Special Offers section of DVCMember.com, located under the Membership Magic tab.

You may be referring to a post I made on the other thread. I was originally told that I could switch/upgrade my 2 day magic your way tickets to this promotional ticket because the 2 day ticket was cheaper(therefore no refund involved, I would pay a few dollars more per ticket). I have since been told by a different cast member that this is NOT the case; I absolutely can not do this. The CM kept telling me that we could save the 2 day tickets for a future trip, but these tickets are for my parents who are older and they may not ever go back to Disney. I have the DVC AP so I really can't use the 2day tix either. :-(
You can always use the two-day tickets towards an annual pass in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter