vent,

cindys_castle2011

<font color=deeppink> Gary Allan=♥ <font color=gre
Ugh you don't have to read this, I just need to vent to someone, anyone who is brave enough to hear me complain.

As some may know.. I've been dating the same guy for almost a year now. Well he is 16 and his parents literally treat him like he's 12! It's so aggravating some times.

For me it's very hard to not say what I think, and trust me I'm not a disrespectful person, especially towards them. But sometimes it's complicating to have to hold my tongue.

Okay so one thing. His sports, they MAKE him play baseball and football. Don't make me get it wrong he loves it. But they are only suppose to workout 14 days out of the summer, for football. Well his parents make him go three times a week, for at least an hour and a half. With his baseball, they only have practice once a week, and then a game usually on Friday or Saturday.

Well his parents are ALWAYS yelling at him, telling him things he does wrong. He never gets told that he did good on something. I hate hearing him say that he's not good enough for them, that really just breaks my heart in two.

Anyways we was talking earlier, it was almost ten and his mom walked in and started yelling so loud at him. You know when you see a car-wreck and you hate looking at it, but you can't really help it. Well that's sorta what it felt like.. I wanted so bad to just sit the phone down, but I couldn't cause I was being nosy and listening. :rolleyes:

I heard her say something about how he's ALWAYS on the phone. Which that's half true. We are always texting, but we usually don't get on the phone until he goes and lays in bed about 9. She most of the time makes him get off about 11.. still even though it is summer. Well last night we was talking and she came in and was being all nice telling him goodnight, and not to stay on the phone to late. We got off the phone at 11:30 cause we was sooo tired.

Well earlier when she was yelling at him, she said how she knows we was on the phone half the night, and he kept telling her over and over that we wasn't. And she kept saying "Garrett, don't lie to me, I know you was". My mouth just like dropped. And then another thing she said, was something about how she had to go all the way four towns away (which takes about 30 minutes) to take us to a baseball game. One- He plays, they would've had to go anyways, and two- they invited me, I didn't ask to go or anything.

But it turns out that now they took his phone :sad1:
It sucks because I don't know when he'll get it back, and we had plans for Saturday.

I love his mom to death, she is sooo sweet to me. But I HATE seeing the way he is treated. They really treat him like he's not good enough for them, and it upsets him so much. I try to talk him out of being upset, but ya know when something like this happens every night, you can't really just let it go anymore.

Ehh, I guess I'm done. Thanks for who ever listened up.

Haven't you made threads about this before? :(

I don't know, sometimes we, as kids, don't understand why parents do the things they do. All I can tell you is to be there for him if/when he gets upset about it. I don't really think making a big deal out of it to your boyfriend or his mom would help; he might get embarrassed.

I don't really know what to say; just hang in there for him. :hug:

Haven't you made threads about this before? :(

I don't know, sometimes we, as kids, don't understand why parents do the things they do. All I can tell you is to be there for him if/when he gets upset about it. I don't really think making a big deal out of it to your boyfriend or his mom would help; he might get embarrassed.

I don't really know what to say; just hang in there for him. :hug:

Yea, I have. And it bothers me that still after so many months,it's still going on.
I am definitely there for him, 24/7. When he is venting to me, I never agree with the bad things he says about her. Ya know, you never put down someone's mom. And I would never put her down in that way anyway. When he's telling me everything about it, I just try to get him to calm down and think about something else.

I would guess that's smart- try distracting him. I've never been in a situation dealing with parents, so I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter