• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegetarian Help!

pentex

DIS Veteran
Taking a 16 and 18 year old vegetarians with us on this trip. Which places do you suggest? Any help is much appreciated. We are staying at Saratoga, by Downtown Disney.

Boma and buffets in general. At those ages they should have good appetites and the buffets will give them a chance to get their fill.

For CS:
Main Street bakery has a wonderful Basil Mozzerella sandwich.
Columbia Harbor House has vegetarian chili and other items
Check the menu for your resort

For counter service:

I think just about every place that serves hamburgers also has available a vegetarian burger. Even if you don't see it on the menu, just ask.

Most places that have ceasar salads with chicken, also have a version without. Also tossed salads available in some places.

There are many places with pizza. Mac and cheese will be offered on the kids menu but that doesn't mean you can't order it.

There are veggie sandwiches or wraps available in nearly every CS location.

Table service:

If you check out the menus you will see that there is usually a vegetarian entree on every menu, and of course salads and other types of veggie appetizers.

In a TS location, you also can ask for the chef and they can usually make some additional recommendations.

Even in buffet locations, always check with the chef so you can be sure that selections aren't made with "hidden" items like beef broth. We've also had lots of luck asking for a meat-free pasta dish when the one on the buffet did have meat in it.

WDW is one of the best places for vegetarian diners.

Check out the dining report board above. Lots of great pictures and descriptions provided by other DIS veggie pals. :cool1:

I have been to WDW several times as a veg. I have been a veg for 12 years now and the first time I was at WDW was on my honeymoon 10 years ago. Let me tell you it has gotten alot better! Disney is really great with assisting people with dietary issues. The best places I have been to were the CA Grill and Boma. At Boma they helped me with my selections. The people next to us had allergies. They had a chef walk them through the entire buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter