Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Going next week and staying at YC, not doing any parks. My DD is requesting a “fancy dinner” but she’s vegetarian. Any suggestions?
I tried Citrico's for the first time in April and it was delicious. They have a plant based rigatoni dish and wild mushroom arancini appetizer that were both really good. I highly recommend it.

This is great to hear! My daughter and her boyfriend are both vegetarians but I don't think they want to order the same thing. Did your DH ask about other options?
We did ask about different options but the cavatelli was the only entree option. There were multiple appetizer options though, depending on what they eat - goat cheese ravioli (which we've had before. Delicious). And sushi (fish only)

We did ask about different options but the cavatelli was the only entree option. There were multiple appetizer options though, depending on what they eat - goat cheese ravioli (which we've had before. Delicious). And sushi (fish only)
Thank you :). My DD and her boyfriend are both vegetarians. It's disappointing to go to an expensive restaurant and not have more than one entree option so they don't have to eat the same thing. We've been many times, but not since they have gone pris fixe. My DD loves the goat cheese ravioli there too. I'll let her decide if they want to go to California Grill knowing that they would probably have to eat the same entree.

I also noticed there were no veggie rolls on the menu anymore. That was also disappointing to me. The Forbidden Roll was her favorite, but I think she would settle for just a regular veggie roll. I was considering Kona for her "sushi" fix, but I've read recent reviews that say the vegetarian "sushi" options are not very good there and that they are very expensive! I guess we'll stick with Kimonos for veggie rolls.

Seems like a lot of plant based options are being removed across the parks and hotels. Such a shame
There are some things that are there, but sort of hidden. For example, the vegan falafel platter at the Mara isn't on the mobile order menu, but they have it and you can order it in person. I just found this out while standing in line at the Mara.

January 2023 pricing - 3 sides for $15 at Polite Pig. Sweet potato tots (ask for no cheese), BBQ Cauliflower (ask for no sour cream) and Crispy Brussels Sprouts. SOO good!

SO GOOD. I'm not even vegan, but this is one of my favorite meals.

All the traditional cheese-based pasta and pizza dishes use real cheese - pasta alfredo, mac and cheese, cheese ravioli, cheese pizza, etc. You can find those items all over the parks.

It's more that Disney has no real vegetarian produce based main dish that isn't also vegan.

Kind of a related question...I am having trouble finding vegan pizza in the post-COVID era. Any suggestions?

Only my opinion, I know some like the fact that Jackfruit mimics the taste of some types of meats. I however (again my opinion) don’t think it tastes anything like its supposed to represent. I have tried it on multiple occasions and have not once liked it. (And again my opinion) if you like it thats great…it is a much healthier alternative to what ever meat its suppose to represent. I did very much enjoy all the sides, salad, beans,mashed potatoes,cornbread with butter, but the show was the winner. Keep your plans, I think its the best value in all of disney. Enjoy

I have only had jackfruit at Regal Eagle, and I like it. I wonder if it is different.

There are some things that are there, but sort of hidden. For example, the vegan falafel platter at the Mara isn't on the mobile order menu, but they have it and you can order it in person. I just found this out while standing in line at the Mara.

That is so frustrating. I prefer mobile ordering, but I have noticed this more than once.

SO GOOD. I'm not even vegan, but this is one of my favorite meals.

Kind of a related question...I am having trouble finding vegan pizza in the post-COVID era. Any suggestions?

I have only had jackfruit at Regal Eagle, and I like it. I wonder if it is different.

That is so frustrating. I prefer mobile ordering, but I have noticed this more than once.
Re: vegan pizza
It’s a chain and not Disney specific (though you do get AP discount) but Blaze pizza at springs has vegan crust & cheese options

I also believe Pinocchio at MK has a plant based flatbread

My DD had the impossible burger with vegan chili cheese tots at Beaches and Cream last night and she said it was so bad. Her main complaints were that the bun was horrible, the chili had no flavor and “they didn’t even try to melt the cheese”.

My DD had the impossible burger with vegan chili cheese tots at Beaches and Cream last night and she said it was so bad. Her main complaints were that the bun was horrible, the chili had no flavor and “they didn’t even try to melt the cheese”.
No interest in the tots, but I have had good experiences with the impossible burger there in the past. Hope her experience was just a one off instance

Vegan cheese is without exception disgusting, I always politely refuse it. The best vegan burger for me is the beyond burger looking fwd to see how impossible burger matches up 👍🏻
Yeah, vegas cheese is not as good as the real thing. But I don't find it disgusting.

When it comes to the meat, its all a matter of preference. I really dislike Beyond meat. Impossible, bean, and veggie burgers are all good to me (to varying degrees). But when I see Beyond meat, I pass

Vegan cheese is without exception disgusting, I always politely refuse it. The best vegan burger for me is the beyond burger looking fwd to see how impossible burger matches up 👍🏻
Yeah. I wish they didn't always lump vegetarian and vegan together. I will happily eat a vegetarian dish with cheese, but I certainly don't want vegan cheese.

Yeah. I wish they didn't always lump vegetarian and vegan together. I will happily eat a vegetarian dish with cheese, but I certainly don't want vegan cheese.
Same…. I wish there we’re separate designators on menus I give myself the exceptions of allowing gelatin as well as animal stocks when dining out and look at items and just skip what visibly has meat in it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter