VDH Unit and Sales Tracker

The transient tax has been the same since '94, 15%, so not ever increasing. There is talk of a gate tax of 2-3%, but that would be based on tickets. The transient tax has not changed or increased since '94
Transient tax is 2.73$ PP in 2023 and is going up to 2.84PP in 2024.

What I am most surprised about is the dues increase at VDH. Dues when announced were already on the higher end, but I think a lot of us thought it would be like RIV and mostly flatline for a few years while the other resorts caught up. A 5.19% increase just a few months after opening was not on my radar.

Disney’s transient tax rate charts for 2023 and 2024 are exactly the same. Where did you see an increase in the transient tax? The tax can change based on the cost of the room, if the cost/points of the room goes up so will the tax, but the city of Anaheim isn’t raising the tax, it’s been constant since 1994.

2023: https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...neyland-hotel/2023-VDH-TOT-Final-09142023.pdf
2024:
https://cdn2.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...neyland-hotel/2024-VDH-TOT-Final-09142023.pdf

I don't know, unless you guys saw something I didn't, but the charts posted by Disney in the links I posted above are the same for 23/24 for the transient tax.
Oh that's great news...I wonder if Disney changed course or if it was always an unfounded rumour. It was widely reported on various DVC news sites when the resort opened that transient tax would be going up in 2024 to $2.82. Thanks for correcting this!

Oh that's great news...I wonder if Disney changed course or if it was always an unfounded rumour. It was widely reported on various DVC news sites when the resort opened that transient tax would be going up in 2024 to $2.82. Thanks for correcting this!
We have a fair number of points at VDH so we try and follow any changes there pretty closely, but it’s always possible to miss something!

I believe that was an estimate based off typical rack rate increase.

We stayed at DLH last week and I was just going through my receipt. $40/day for parking with a $6.80/day tax on that. Plus the 15% tax on CL room :scared1: lol. Ouch! but you only get to do your first trip to Disneyland once.

Absolutely no regrets but next time will be VDH. Even with the Transient Tax it seems a great value with DVC. Fantastic job they have done! This project was like Galaxy’s Edge where everyone involved poured their soul into it as fans themselves.

Monthly Update!

Total points recorded as of October 31st: ~519k points (15.9% of all points).
Points recorded in August: ~33k points.

October sales broke the trend downward, but just barely. September sales were 31.6k and October was 33k. October includes roughly 2 weeks of sales post-opening, when reviews and tours were available.

At the current rate, VDH will sell out in a whopping 83 months, roughly mid/late 2030!

Despite this, DVC hasn't ramped up incentives at all. As I've detailed in the past, there is a potential rationale for keeping this sluggish sales pace: they already booked the rooms on cash and can't add inventory via declarations before 2024.

Currently ~22.3% of points are declared and at least ~16% of the resort has been sold. That leaves just ~6.3% of headroom, roughly 207k points, before more Units must be declared. At the current sales rate of ~7.7k/wk, that's just 27 weeks from the end of October, which works out to Mar/Apr 2024.

My thinking here could be completely unfounded, but considering they started renting rooms on cash prior to any sales starting, they may have heavily relied on their sales forecasts to determine how much inventory they could rent. That forecast is in the POS and it's the current level of declarations, 'just' 22.3% of points.

My guess a month ago was that the inventory they allotted to cash rentals was conservative and they left plenty of buffer for solid sales, making being correct in their prediction insignificant and we will see more declarations before Jan 1, 2024. Now I'm more skeptical--I think initial sales were faster than they expected and they've needed to pump the brakes a bit.

It will be interesting to see how sales change now that VDH is sold out. As a reminder, I'm just doing ad hoc and monthly updates now.

Fun facts about October's sales:

Nothing remarkable about mega-contracts, just one 1000pt contract at the top of the pile.

Unit 1E was the top seller again, roughly 70% of all sales this month, roughly 5.5x 2nd most (2A).

There was one potential Favorite Week contract, a 341 (or maybe 340...) point contract that could be a FW in a 1BR during Season 6 (Spring-but-not-Spring-Break). It's possible I'm overcorrecting some of the tax values posted. If anyone wants me to explain this, I can, but it's very inside baseball for this.

There was also a 169pt contract, but I can't find a FW that matches that. Maybe they just wanted a nice contract with incentives, or are targeting a specific non-week stay.

It is likely that a bunch of Units are now sold out: 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F, 1G, 1H, and maybe 1J. We still haven't seen 1A or 1I (one eye) show up in any recorded deeds yet. I'm also not sure how many Units are in Phase 2, but we've only seen Unit 2A from Phase 2 so far, but I suspect there's at least 2B and 2C, possibly also 2D.

Other interesting facts about the contracts recorded in October:
  • 200 contracts recorded
    • 71x 150pt contracts (72 the prior month)
    • 24x 50pt contracts (30 the prior month)
    • 24x 200pt contracts (27 the prior month)
    • 22x 100pt contracts (21 the prior month)
    • 13x 250pt contracts (13 the prior month)
    • 10x 75pt contracts (13 the prior month)
    • 36x other contracts (35 the prior month)
  • 165.1pt average contract size in October
    • May had an average of 128.2pt
    • June had an average of 142.8pt
    • July had an average of 157.2pt
    • August had an average of 152.7pt
    • September had an average of 149.8pt
  • 1,000pt is largest contract in September
  • 50pt is smallest contract
  • 400pt is the largest contract size purchased multiple times (2x)
  • Unit 1E was assigned the most (23.3k, 2nd most was 2A at 4.3k)
Points recorded by date:
View attachment 808329
"1U" unit stands for "Phase 1 - Unknown". This is because OCRW recorded a Unit number with an error and no 'most likely' correct fix. This is most likely due to issues with OCR (optical character recognition) used in their recording process.

View attachment 808332

Points recorded by month:
View attachment 808334

View attachment 808336

View attachment 808337
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ional-parks-revenue-carries-overall-increase/

The line specifically says an increase in DVC from VDH for Q4.

Quick and dirty update!

November recorded contracts are on pace to be similar to Sept/Oct, so kinda slow, somewhere around 30k pts in a month.

A new smallest contract has been sold: either 25 or 26 points, I suspect 25.

Still no additional declarations. As 2024 gets closer with weak incentives I'm gaining confidence in my 'we under-forecasted sales and rented too many rooms and need to slow down sales until 2024' theory.

Unit 1I (one eye) has started showing up in recorded deeds (or OCRW's OCR process is throwing new errors...). Curious if anyone sees it in their contracts and can post their % owned and points!

1I looks like a really small Unit in the POS, just 2 PV Deluxe and 1 PV Duo, something like 23k points. Unit is on the 4th floor, Rooms 429, 431, and 433.

Quick and dirty update!

November recorded contracts are on pace to be similar to Sept/Oct, so kinda slow, somewhere around 30k pts in a month.

A new smallest contract has been sold: either 25 or 26 points, I suspect 25.

Still no additional declarations. As 2024 gets closer with weak incentives I'm gaining confidence in my 'we under-forecasted sales and rented too many rooms and need to slow down sales until 2024' theory.

Unit 1I (one eye) has started showing up in recorded deeds (or OCRW's OCR process is throwing new errors...). Curious if anyone sees it in their contracts and can post their % owned and points!

1I looks like a really small Unit in the POS, just 2 PV Deluxe and 1 PV Duo, something like 23k points. Unit is on the 4th floor, Rooms 429, 431, and 433.
How do you know there was a 25 or 26 point contract that was sold? I keep asking and they tell me they will only sell 50pts

I remember at the beginning $2.82 was being floated around as the 2024 tax rate but they ended up keeping 2024 at the same rate as 2023, so the 2025 looks like a big jump but we at least get a reprieve in 2024.
I honestly don’t understand why the ToT would go up. I thought the tax was set at 15% by the city of Anaheim. If the points chart remains the same, how can the tax go up? Am I missing something?

I believe the TOT on points is less than the 15% tax set by the city of Anaheim. When I compare the tax on points vs the tax on cash rate for the same room, the tot we pay is less than the tot we'd pay if booking with cash. I'm guessing that leaves some room to raise the tax to some extent. In the fine print I read somewhere it also has to do with the dollar value of a point on how the tot is calculated.

Monthly update!

Hopefully this is my most delayed monthly update, I was busy cruising and using DVC points the last couple of weeks (note: those are separate events) and that's why this update is so late into the month.

Total points recorded as of November 30th: ~551k points (16.9% of all points).
Points recorded in November: ~31.3k points.

November sales were almost perfectly inline with September and October. September sales were 31.6k and October was 33k.

At the current rate, VDH will sell out in a whopping 86 months, roughly late 2030!

Despite this, DVC hasn't ramped up incentives at all, despite the opportunity to include VDH in the recent RIV incentive boost. As I've detailed in the past, there is a potential rationale for keeping this sluggish sales pace: they already booked the rooms on cash and can't add inventory via declarations before 2024.

Currently ~22.3% of points are declared and at least ~17% of the resort has been sold. That leaves just ~5.3% of headroom, roughly 176k points, before more Units must be declared. At the current sales rate of ~7.2k/wk, that's just 24 weeks from the end of November, which works out to May 2024.

My thinking here could be completely unfounded, but considering they started renting rooms on cash prior to any sales starting, they may have heavily relied on their sales forecasts to determine how much inventory they could rent. That forecast is in the POS and it's the current level of declarations, 'just' 22.3% of points.

I think initial sales were faster than they expected and they've needed to pump the brakes a bit and are perfectly happy at this sales pace until 2024, which had a much later release of cash rooms.

I also have a new theory brewing, from the recent revelation of a Trust being registered: they're happy to sell a trickle of points now without big incentives, in anticipation of including as much VDH as possible in the Trust.

As a reminder, I'm just doing ad hoc and monthly updates now.

Fun facts about November's sales:

Nothing remarkable about mega-contracts, just one 800pt contract at the top of the pile.

Unit 1E was the top seller again, roughly 72% of all sales this month, roughly 6.5x 2nd most (2B).

Units 1I (one eye) and 2B made their first appearances!

There was one potential Favorite Week contract, a 173 point contract that could be a FW in a PV Deluxe Studio in Week 21. It's possible I'm overcorrecting some of the tax values posted and missing other FW. If anyone wants me to explain this, I can, but it's very inside baseball for this.

It is likely that a bunch of Units are now sold out: 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F, 1G, 1H, and maybe 1J. We still haven't seen 1A show up in any recorded deeds yet. I'm also not sure how many Units are in Phase 2, but we've only seen Unit 2A and Unit 2B from Phase 2 so far, but I suspect there's at least 2C, possibly also 2D.

Other interesting facts about the contracts recorded in November:
  • 190 contracts recorded
    • 71x 150pt contracts (71 the prior month)
    • 30x 200pt contracts (24 the prior month)
    • 22x 100pt contracts (22 the prior month)
    • 18x 50pt contracts (24 the prior month)
    • 18x 250pt contracts (13 the prior month)
    • 8x 300pt contracts (6 the prior month)
    • 23x other contracts (36 the prior month)
  • 164.8pt average contract size in November
    • October had an average of 165.1pt
  • 800pt is largest contract in November
  • 25pt is smallest contract
  • 300pt is the largest contract size purchased multiple times (8x)
  • Unit 1E was assigned the most (22.5k, 2nd most was 2B at 3.4k)
Points recorded by date:
1702347267431.png
"U" unit stands for "Unknown". This is because OCRW recorded a Unit number with an error and no 'most likely' correct fix. This is most likely due to issues with OCR (optical character recognition) used in their recording process.

1702347321658.png

1702347103349.png

1702347044249.png

1702347081365.png

Monthly update!

Hopefully this is my most delayed monthly update, I was busy cruising and using DVC points the last couple of weeks (note: those are separate events) and that's why this update is so late into the month.

Total points recorded as of November 30th: ~551k points (16.9% of all points).
Points recorded in November: ~31.3k points.

November sales were almost perfectly inline with September and October. September sales were 31.6k and October was 33k.

At the current rate, VDH will sell out in a whopping 86 months, roughly late 2030!

Despite this, DVC hasn't ramped up incentives at all, despite the opportunity to include VDH in the recent RIV incentive boost. As I've detailed in the past, there is a potential rationale for keeping this sluggish sales pace: they already booked the rooms on cash and can't add inventory via declarations before 2024.

Currently ~22.3% of points are declared and at least ~17% of the resort has been sold. That leaves just ~5.3% of headroom, roughly 176k points, before more Units must be declared. At the current sales rate of ~7.2k/wk, that's just 24 weeks from the end of November, which works out to May 2024.

I think initial sales were faster than they expected and they've needed to pump the brakes a bit and are perfectly happy at this sales pace until 2024, which had a much later release of cash rooms.

I also have a new theory brewing, from the recent revelation of a Trust being registered: they're happy to sell a trickle of points now without big incentives, in anticipation of including as much VDH as possible in the Trust.

As a reminder, I'm just doing ad hoc and monthly updates now.

Fun facts about November's sales:

Nothing remarkable about mega-contracts, just one 800pt contract at the top of the pile.

Unit 1E was the top seller again, roughly 72% of all sales this month, roughly 6.5x 2nd most (2B).

Units 1I (one eye) and 2B made their first appearances!

There was one potential Favorite Week contract, a 173 point contract that could be a FW in a PV Deluxe Studio in Week 21. It's possible I'm overcorrecting some of the tax values posted and missing other FW. If anyone wants me to explain this, I can, but it's very inside baseball for this.

It is likely that a bunch of Units are now sold out: 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F, 1G, 1H, and maybe 1J. We still haven't seen 1A show up in any recorded deeds yet. I'm also not sure how many Units are in Phase 2, but we've only seen Unit 2A and Unit 2B from Phase 2 so far, but I suspect there's at least 2C, possibly also 2D.

Other interesting facts about the contracts recorded in November:
  • 190 contracts recorded
    • 71x 150pt contracts (71 the prior month)
    • 30x 200pt contracts (24 the prior month)
    • 22x 100pt contracts (22 the prior month)
    • 18x 50pt contracts (24 the prior month)
    • 18x 250pt contracts (13 the prior month)
    • 8x 300pt contracts (6 the prior month)
    • 23x other contracts (36 the prior month)
  • 164.8pt average contract size in November
    • October had an average of 165.1pt
  • 800pt is largest contract in November
  • 25pt is smallest contract
  • 300pt is the largest contract size purchased multiple times (8x)
  • Unit 1E was assigned the most (22.5k, 2nd most was 2B at 3.4k)
Points recorded by date:
View attachment 817181
"U" unit stands for "Unknown". This is because OCRW recorded a Unit number with an error and no 'most likely' correct fix. This is most likely due to issues with OCR (optical character recognition) used in their recording process.

View attachment 817182

View attachment 817180

View attachment 817178

View attachment 817179
VGC refurb pushed another year to 2025. Grrrr. I suspect Disney doesn't want to take away any of the luster from VDH with a brand new refurbished VGC. They're in no rush to sell out Riviera or VDH.

As much as VGC needs the refurb, I'm kinda happy there's a slight offset so when in the future there are refurbs there's a stagger of awesome. But yeah... VGC is ready. She's the new Boulder Ridge :-).

As much as VGC needs the refurb, I'm kinda happy there's a slight offset so when in the future there are refurbs there's a stagger of awesome. But yeah... VGC is ready. She's the new Boulder Ridge :-).
Our last trip we met up with some friends staying at VGC while we were at VDH. They said our 1 BR suite made their VGC room look like Motel 6 :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter