• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Value Resorts and Inside Staterooms? Bah Humbug! 30 days of Disney fun! 02/10 Day 30

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! Welcome to my first ever trip report!

Introductions:
WHO:
Tom :surfweb:, my dear brother and lover of everything and anything Disney.

Me, Karin :teacher:, who does all the planning and rearranging of our trips together.

bsp_1242.jpg

We both reside in Austria and have first travelled to the US in 1992. We visited the California coastline and towards the end of the trip decided to spend a day ... or two at Disneyland.
Long story short, we loved it so much that we changed some of our trip and stayed even a little longer than those two days.
Since 1999 we are going to WDW on a regular basis, staying for an average of 3 - 4 weeks. This summer we are going to do an "All Disney Trip" that will last for exactly 30 days.

WHEN:
August 14 until September 11, 2010

WHERE TO STAY:

Here is where the pixie dust comes in! We booked a free dining bounceback at All Star Movies, back in summer of 09, which we have in the meantime changed to a 1 bedroom villa at Old Key West, thanks to disney.uk, who offered a 40+ % discount on the resort AND free dining. Staying there for 12 nights before we head over to Port Canaveral on August 26 for a three night cruise on the Disney Wonder, followed by a 4 night cruise on the Wonder again.
On September 2nd we will go back to OKW, with another 40+ % discount AND Free Dining, this time upgraded to deluxe dining.

The cruise is paid off, the ADRs are done and we are counting down the days. Can't wait to go!

We are back and the trip report has finally started!

If you are interested in the planning and events before we went on vacation, here's the link to the

Let the fun begin:

Day 01, August 14:
Impressions of summer 2010
A Huge Surprise Starts Off The Trip - Part 1
A Huge Surprise Starts Off The Trip - Part 2
A Huge Surprise Starts Off The Trip - Part 3
Day 02, August 15:
Enjoying Life! - Part 1
Enjoying Life! - Part 2
Enjoying Life! - Part 3
Enjoying Life! - Part 4
Enjoying Life! - Part 5
Day 03, August 16:
Shop Till You Drop! - Part 1
Shop Till You Drop! - Part 2
Day 04, August 17:
The Quest For Water Shoes! - Part 1
The Quest For Water Shoes! - Part 2
Day 05, August 18:
Disney Water Parks and more ……….. Take 1 - Part 1
Disney Water Parks and more ……….. Take 1 - Part 2
Disney Water Parks and more ……….. Take 1 - Part 3
Day 06, August 19:
Disney Water Parks and more ……….. Take 2 - Part 1
Disney Water Parks and more ……….. Take 2, Part 2
Disney Water Parks and more ……….. Take 2, Part 3
Day 07, August 20:
Lots of food, Yuki and the Dismeet and Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom until 3am, Part 1
Lots of food, Yuki and the Dismeet and Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom until 3am, Part 2
Lots of food, Yuki and the Dismeet and Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom until 3am, Part 3
Day 08, August 21:
Bus roulette and a Disney Fairytale Wedding Part 1
Bus roulette and a Disney Fairytale Wedding Part 2
Day 09, August 22:
Seeing the parks through Walt’s eyes and another late night at the Magic Kingdom - Part 1
Seeing the parks through Walt’s eyes and another late night at the Magic Kingdom - Part 2
Seeing the parks through Walt’s eyes and another late night at the Magic Kingdom - Part 3
Day 10, August 23:
Window shopping, a visit to Africa and off to Greece for dinner - Part 1
Window shopping, a visit to Africa and off to Greece for dinner - Part 2
Window shopping, a visit to Africa and off to Greece for dinner - Part 3
Day 11, August 24:
A wet day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and a late night at Epcot - Part 1
A wet day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and a late night at Epcot - Part 2
A wet day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and a late night at Epcot - Part 3
A wet day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and a late night at Epcot - Part 4
Day 12, August 25:
Helping Kim Possible, packing and a farewell dinner with a view - Part 1
Helping Kim Possible, packing and a farewell dinner with a view - Part 2
Helping Kim Possible, packing and a farewell dinner with a view - Part 3
Day 13, August 26:
Going back to the WONDERful Disney WONDER and some WONDERful surprises - Part 1
Going back to the WONDERful Disney WONDER and some WONDERful surprises - Part 2
Going back to the WONDERful Disney WONDER and some WONDERful surprises - Part 3
Going back to the WONDERful Disney WONDER and some WONDERful surprises - Part 4
Going back to the WONDERful Disney WONDER and some WONDERful surprises - Part 5
Day 14, August 27:
Getting to see The Atlantis, Palo and Pirates IN the Caribbean …. Arrrgghhhhhh - Part 1
Getting to see The Atlantis, Palo and Pirates IN the Caribbean …. Arrrgghhhhhh - Part 2
Getting to see The Atlantis, Palo and Pirates IN the Caribbean …. Arrrgghhhhhh - Part 3
Getting to see The Atlantis, Palo and Pirates IN the Caribbean …. Arrrgghhhhhh - Part 4
Getting to see The Atlantis, Palo and Pirates IN the Caribbean …. Arrrgghhhhhh - Part 5
Day 15, August 28:
Heaven, your name is Castaway Cay! - Part 1
Heaven, your name is Castaway Cay! - Part 2
Heaven, your name is Castaway Cay! - Part 3
Heaven, your name is Castaway Cay! - Part 4
Day 16, August 29:
Adventures Away, Take 2 - Part 1
Adventures Away, Take 2 - Part 2
Adventures Away, Take 2 - Part 3
Adventures Away, Take 2 - Part 4
Day 17, August 30:
More Rum, more cake, more fun, more Palo - Part 1
More Rum, more cake, more fun, more Palo - Part 2
More Rum, more cake, more fun, more Palo - Part 3
Day 18, August 31:
The heaven that is called Castaway Cay and another attack of the Pirates IN the Caribbean - Part 1
The heaven that is called Castaway Cay and another attack of the Pirates IN the Caribbean - Part 2
The heaven that is called Castaway Cay and another attack of the Pirates IN the Caribbean - Part 3
The heaven that is called Castaway Cay and another attack of the Pirates IN the Caribbean - Part 4
The heaven that is called Castaway Cay and another attack of the Pirates IN the Caribbean - Part 5
The heaven that is called Castaway Cay and another attack of the Pirates IN the Caribbean - Part 6
Day 19, September 01:
Disney Dreams - Part 1
Disney Dreams - Part 2
Disney Dreams - Part 3
Disney Dreams - Part 4
Disney Dreams - Part 5
Day 20, September 02:
A sad Goodbye to the ever so WONDERful Disney WONDER and a happy Hello to the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan and Old Key West - Part 1
A sad Goodbye to the ever so WONDERful Disney WONDER and a happy Hello to the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan and Old Key West - Part 2
A sad Goodbye to the ever so WONDERful Disney WONDER and a happy Hello to the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan and Old Key West - Part 3
A sad Goodbye to the ever so WONDERful Disney WONDER and a happy Hello to the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan and Old Key West - Part 4
Day 21, September 03:
A little bit of Africa and Asia, with a taste of Greece and a visit to Spaceship Earth - Part 1
A little bit of Africa and Asia, with a taste of Greece and a visit to Spaceship Earth - Part 2
A little bit of Africa and Asia, with a taste of Greece and a visit to Spaceship Earth - Part 3
A little bit of Africa and Asia, with a taste of Greece and a visit to Spaceship Earth - Part 4
A little bit of Africa and Asia, with a taste of Greece and a visit to Spaceship Earth - Part 5
A little bit of Africa and Asia, with a taste of Greece and a visit to Spaceship Earth - Part 6
Day 22, September 04:
A happy reunion! - Part 1
A happy reunion! - Part 2
A happy reunion! - Part 3
Day 23, September 05:
Shopping, reservation changes and Extra Magic Hours - Part 1
Shopping, reservation changes and Extra Magic Hours - Part 2
Shopping, reservation changes and Extra Magic Hours - Part 3
Day 24, September 06:
A washed out visit to Universal - Part 1
A washed out visit to Universal - Part 2
A washed out visit to Universal - Part 3
Day 25, September 07:
A royal invitation for dinner - Part 1
A royal invitation for dinner - Part 2
A royal invitation for dinner - Part 3
Day 26, September 08:
Rides galore, a parade and a final visit to the Animal Kingdom - Part 1
Rides galore, a parade and a final visit to the Animal Kingdom - Part 2
Rides galore, a parade and a final visit to the Animal Kingdom - Part 3
Rides galore, a parade and a final visit to the Animal Kingdom - Part 4
Rides galore, a parade and a final visit to the Animal Kingdom - Part 5
Day 27, September 09:
A look “Behind the Seeds” and waving goodbye to the Disney Wonder - Part 1
A look “Behind the Seeds” and waving goodbye to the Disney Wonder - Part 2
A look “Behind the Seeds” and waving goodbye to the Disney Wonder - Part 3
Day 28, September 10:
And where the heck is the Magic Kingdom? - Part 1
And where the heck is the Magic Kingdom? - Part 2
And where the heck is the Magic Kingdom? - Part 3
Day 29, September 11:
See ya again real soon! - Part 1
See ya again real soon! - Part 2
Day 30, September 12:
Back to reality!

Bonus!! Mini Trip Report - Halloween Fun at Disneyland Resort Paris!

Day 01, October 30:
Delays, Upgrades and ……. “Just Slam The Door” - Part 1
Delays, Upgrades and ....... "Just Slam The Door" - Part 2
Delays, Upgrades and ....... "Just Slam The Door" - Part 3
Delays, Upgrades and ....... "Just Slam The Door" - Part 4
Day 02, October 31:
Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeen!!! - Part 1
Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeen!!! - Part 2
Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeen!!! - Part 3
Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeen!!! - Part 4
Day 03, November 01:
Will the crowds ever subside? - Part 1
Will the crowds ever subside? - Part 2
Day 04, November 02:

From Halloween to Christmas in just one night! - Part 1
From Halloween to Christmas in just one night! - Part 2

And another Bonus Mini Trip Report - School trip to Vienna

Day 01, November 15:
Travel, the Viennese Opera House, St. Stephen's Dome and going to the cinema
Day 02, November 16:
Schloss Schoenbrunn, The Schoenbrunn Zoo, The Austrian Parliament and the Viennese Ferris Wheel at the Prater (funfair) - part 1
Schloss Schoenbrunn, The Schoenbrunn Zoo, The Austrian Parliament and the Viennese Ferris Wheel at the Prater (funfair) - part 2
Day 03, November 17:
Vienna Airport, the Technical Museum and a visit to an indoor swimming pool
Day 04,November 18:
Hitradio OE3, Scavenger Hunt and The Blue Man Group - part 1
Hitradio OE3, Scavenger Hunt and The Blue Man Group - part 2
Day 05, November 19:
Austrian TV Company, and the trip back home

What do I get for being third?? :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear all the details!

And Karin, I know you asked about Mindy on the last TR...and since the thread is being closed down I figured I'd respond here. Things are progressing! Unfortunately there is a bit of a snag in intercountry adoptions between Russia and the US, which you may have heard about, resulting from a sad story of a mother that returned her 7 year old son to Russia alone! But, the countries are working out an agreement so we hope it does not delay our process (or worse!). So far so good...and thanks for asking!

Yay! You started a pre-trip report :goodvibes

30 days of Disney! :scared1: That's amazing!! :cloud9:

Plus, we'll be at WDW at the same time, we are at CSR Sept 1-11th! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!

:cool1::cool1::cool1: I'm first to the Monster Summer review party:thumbsup2

So looking forward to hearing all about it...:dance3:

Hi! Welcome! :woohoo: you're my first reader! :woohoo: I am going to get started with the planning VERY soon!

I'm second! I guess that's not as exciting as being first, but its still something! :lmao:

Being second is AS exciting AS being first!! :woohoo: you are here!! :cheer2:

What do I get for being third?? :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear all the details!

And Karin, I know you asked about Mindy on the last TR...and since the thread is being closed down I figured I'd respond here. Things are progressing! Unfortunately there is a bit of a snag in intercountry adoptions between Russia and the US, which you may have heard about, resulting from a sad story of a mother that returned her 7 year old son to Russia alone! But, the countries are working out an agreement so we hope it does not delay our process (or worse!). So far so good...and thanks for asking!

Here's what you get for being third! :dance3: and a :woohoo: welcome!!!!!

I am glad to hear that your plans for Mindy are going forward, even if it is slowly! When the story of the mother who returned her son hit the news here there was a report that they would stop intercountry adoptions altogether and my first thought was about Mindy and what would happen to your plans! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

:yay: you started one.

Let the planning commence :goodvibes

:woohoo: Stefy is here too! :woohoo: Can't wait to hear what you think about my plans - I have changed them over and over again over the last two weeks. :laughing: Thank god for online ADRs, or otherwise my phone bill would be sky high! ;)

Yay! You started a pre-trip report :goodvibes

30 days of Disney! :scared1: That's amazing!! :cloud9:

Plus, we'll be at WDW at the same time, we are at CSR Sept 1-11th! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!

:woohoo: welcome! So nice to have so many friends here! :goodvibes

Can't believe we will be at Disney for 30 days this summer (even though 7 days are on board the Disney Wonder, but it's a Disney ship, so I hope that counts! ;) :goodvibes)

:thumbsup2 Good to know you'll be there the same time we are! :goodvibes What about a DISmeet, with all the people who will be there at the same time?

How this trip was “born”

For my birthday present Tom invited me to a weeklong trip to WDW in February. It was wonderful to get away from the snow and cold and we loved our stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort in a pirate room.

bsp_1377.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_9994.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

bsp_1242.jpg

But our summer vacation included one more present I gave myself for my birthday.
Our first ever Disney cruise on the Disney Wonder.
We both are not big on beach holidays and we love to tailor our vacations to fit our style and needs, so even though we were looking forward to this new adventure, we both had second thoughts about being stuck on a ship.
There was no way getting out of the reservation as we had talked our friends Mary Ellen and Joe into coming along and we all had signed up to travel with another bunch of Disneyfans from another board.
All that being said, we were SURE this would be our once in a lifetime cruise!
We could not have been any more wrong!

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

68.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

klein_716.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

Us and Captain John, who a few days later became famous for rescueing a Carnival Cruise passenger! :thumbsup2

klein_712.jpg

Fish extender goodies we received

WOW. :eek: This trip sounds like a dream come true! What I would give to be surrounded in Disney magic for a full month... :cloud9:

Consider me on board for this PTR, can't wait to see how things progress!

How this trip was “born” Part 2

Even though we had started our cruise with liquid sunshine :lmao:, Disney’s term for pouring down rain, which caused us to miss the port altogether, driving there, it turned out to be such a fun and wonderful experience that after two days, when we were offered a discount for booking another cruise on board, it really got us thinking.
We discussed, and discussed our options some more and finally booked a 5 night, double dip (at Castaway Cay) cruise, which included a stop at Key West.
So, instead of skipping a year and going somewhere else we were already planning our 2010 vacation during our 2009 vacation. After the cruise we spend some time at OKW and while there we took advantage of the Bounceback Free Dining offer. We booked the first part of the trip in my name and the second part in Tom’s name, like guest relations suggested, so we ended up with 20 days of Free Dining again.:thumbsup2

:woohoo: for being fed for free :woohoo:

IMG_9317.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

It did not stay that way for very long, as we decided to change our 5 night cruise to two cruises, a 3 night cruise and a 4 night cruise, which came out about 200 dollars more expensive than the 5 night one. Since our days at sea had changed we changed our free dining stay as well, plus the resorts as well. Part was All Star Movies and part was Pop Century.
We ended up going home with another trip all planned and down payments done.:rolleyes1
Needless to say the changes continued. On Disney.uk they offered a 40+ % discount on Old Key West AND Free Dining. So we changed the second part of the trip to that and in February 2010, while on a high during our February trip to the world we changed the second part first to Saratoga Springs and then to Old Key West as well (same offer from Disney.uk as the first part). Can you tell we LOVE :love: the resort?

So here is our final itinerary.
August 14 is our travel day and check in at OKW where we are going to stay until August 26.
August 26 until August 29, Disney Wonder Cruise
August 29 until September 2, Disney Wonder Cruise

September 2 until September 11, OKW with Deluxe Disney Dining

bsp_0390.jpg

Next up - day by day planning (as it is today - may change again ;) :scared1:)

WOW. :eek: This trip sounds like a dream come true! What I would give to be surrounded in Disney magic for a full month... :cloud9:

Consider me on board for this PTR, can't wait to see how things progress!

Welcome! :goodvibes It's nice to have you on board! :cool1:

Wow it sounds like it is going to be an awesome vacation for you guys :goodvibes Cannot wait to hear all about it :)

What a haul from your Fish Extenders, read it about on another thread and its peaked my interest. Just said to DF that we should do it if we Cruise next year and have already decided what nik naks we can get from our local Disney Store to share with others :teeth:

Wow it sounds like it is going to be an awesome vacation for you guys :goodvibes Cannot wait to hear all about it :)

What a haul from your Fish Extenders, read it about on another thread and its peaked my interest. Just said to DF that we should do it if we Cruise next year and have already decided what nik naks we can get from our local Disney Store to share with others :teeth:

Doing Fish Extenders is SO much fun! Let alone all the loot you are going to get!! ;) :lmao:
Once you have decided on a cruise, sign up for that particular cruise's "meet and FE" list on the cruise board!
We are already signed in for the two cruises and I CANNOT wait to do it again.
Since we don't have a Disney Store, Tom and I made our own little Disney gifties! Captain Jack Doorhangers, Door Magnets, bookmarks, we picked up some easy to transport candy (chocolate doesn't work in August in Florida :rotfl2:) and a homemade screensaver. It was so much fun to sneak around the ship and fill all the extenders of our group!

I made my own extender and the one for Mary Ellen! Here are some pics ...........

cruiseklein_5.jpg

Tom's and mine!

cruiseklein_2.jpg

Mary Ellen and Joe's before it was finished. It was my surprise present for them and they LOVED it.

Let me know if you want/need one for your cruise as well. I'd love to do one for you and Dave!

Oh wow those are so cool and thank you for offering to make one for me and Dave. Will defo take you up on that :teeth:

I don't know what it is, but apart from loving receiving pressies (what girl doesn't), I also love to give presents to others as well. Making them smile and happy makes me happy and smiley :goodvibes

Might pick your brains later about the general gist of Fish Extenders (must log off now before I fall asleep at my laptop), that is if you don't mind :goodvibes

Hi there. Followed you over from my PTR!

Wow, 30 days of Disney!! I am so jealous!!

I cannot wait to hear about your plans. This sounds so exciting!

Oh wow those are so cool and thank you for offering to make one for me and Dave. Will defo take you up on that :teeth:

I don't know what it is, but apart from loving receiving pressies (what girl doesn't), I also love to give presents to others as well. Making them smile and happy makes me happy and smiley :goodvibes

Might pick your brains later about the general gist of Fish Extenders (must log off now before I fall asleep at my laptop), that is if you don't mind :goodvibes

Just let me know what you want to have on it and consider it done!

I do have a thread on the cruise boards and have just updated the first post to include FE - here is the link, just in case you want to have a peek!

Hi there. Followed you over from my PTR!

Wow, 30 days of Disney!! I am so jealous!!

I cannot wait to hear about your plans. This sounds so exciting!

Welcome! :flower3:

It's nice to have you here. We usually stay in Florida for 4 weeks. Last year we enjoyed a week in south Florida, including Miami and Key West, but this year we are doing Disney and ONLY Disney! :goodvibes

My day by day plans are coming up soon - working on them right now!

Hi, Karin! Can't wait for more plans from you. :yay:

Hi Tina! I am actually working on another update at the moment. So very soon I will be posting what we have planned for the first 5 days of our trip! How's your weekend been so far?
It's been nice here and I am SO happy as we have Monday and Tuesday off! Finally time to catch up on things that are MORE fun than marking textbooks! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter