• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Value, Moderate, or Deluxe?

What type of resort do you stay in at WDW?

• Value

• Moderate

• Deluxe

• DVC

• Off-Site

Results are only viewable after voting.
I stay in Moderate because it is affordable to me (can justify the cost). I have stayed at AS but really did not enjoy my stay. I have also stayed in a Deluxe but had to really put myself on a budget for the trip. The trip was lovely but a bit of a struggle to pay for. I am one who also stays off grounds as well and have had very nice stays.

We usually stay deluxe unless it's a trip that I talked DH into and it wasn't suppose to be in our yearly budget. I've done that twice.:rolleyes:

Well we have stayed at each level but I voted for moderate since we have stayed at mods twice and only one time at a value and a deluxe.

I voted for Deluxe... I guess the themes, location, and amenities of the Deluxe resorts just appeal to me more.

Also, the interior corridors are much more appealling than having to run to your room in the summer rains of FL. :rolleyes: .. all the moderates and value resorts have exterior corridors and are too spread out.

But, we are splitting our honeymoon between a value and deluxe (WL). Have to splurge for that honeymoon!

On regular trips we stay at moderates. (POFQ)

Diznee25
Pop Century & Wilderness Lodge Dec. 2003

I wish I could choose two. We spend about half and half between DVC and deluxe. I chose DVC though, because since we added onto our contract it will probably be more DVC than anything. :)

Anne

We generally try to stay at a Deluxe resort, but have no problem staying at AllStar or moderates if it is a choice of going or not! All WDW resorts are magical in their own way!

The number one reason we stay in a moderate is the outside corridors. We are a family of 5 so the values are out for us but I really like being able to walk out the door and be outside.

moderate.... most of the time is spent at the park so tons of amenities aren't extremely important.

but with that being said, i would like to eventually visit the parks enough that future trips I can go and focus more on the hotels than the parks - then it will be a deluxe :D

I voted for the Values. Our weekend trips (two nights) just make more sense doing it cheap. We have gotten them for as little as $49. On those trips we still take a pool/nap break, but it's only for a day or two so it doesn't make sense to spend more. Our next trip is for five nights at the WL. We have three rooms, since family will be joining us.
After that, it will be back to the values or mods for a while-at least until I'm done with school.

We used to stay at moderate but once we stayed in a deluxe we became spoiled. We love the Contemporary and have stayed at the Polynesian and GF. I love being on the monorail loop so close to the MK which is where we spend a good chunk of our time. A deluxe is worth it for us because we do spend a lot of time in our room and resort. We go swimming everyday and come back to the room to cool off or rest in the middle of the day and head back to the parks later in the afternoon. We are not the type of people who leave the room in the morning and don't come back until the park's closing so a deluxe is perfect for us.

We like the themes at ASMo, until DD is older at least, she really loves it there! I actually like to walk out of my room to the outside, and I don't think they are that spread out. We normally just sleep in the room, one day we spend a half day at the pool. So we are usually in the rooms from 10:00 pm to 9:00 a/m, if I were to spend more time in the rooms we would be upgrading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter