Valentine's Day?

Wish I could help with some inspiration but I am expecting to spend the evening alone, as always. This will be the first year that I am in any type of relationship but still not expecting anything. I actually would like to skip the entire month of February and just go to March. February has never been a happy month for me.

Wish I could help with some inspiration but I am expecting to spend the evening alone, as always. This will be the first year that I am in any type of relationship but still not expecting anything. I actually would like to skip the entire month of February and just go to March. February has never been a happy month for me.

I hate to hear that. I feel that way about December. i hope it's better than you think!

Valentines Day has always been a very low key day here. I usually get the kids some candy. Sometimes we do a special dessert—actually anytime we have dessert it’s special because we rarely do. DH has sent me flowers in the past a few times. Two years in a row they arrived frozen because it was so cold and one of those years the subsequent replacements arrived frozen also. I will remind him in the next week or so that flowers aren’t necessary. I’d rather share some good chocolate and put the fireplace on and spend the evening playing board games or catching up on the DVR.

My kids are 21 & 23 and I don't think I've ever once gotten them anything for valentines....it never even occurred to me or my husband! haha I'll have to ask them if I scarred them!
I'm with you on this. To me valentines day is for couples. So why would I get my kids something?

In the 10 years that DH and I have been together, we just don't "do" Valentine's Day. We exchange cards and get heart-shaped Dunkin Donuts, that's it.

Last year, we gave our then-2.5-year-old a special Valentine monkey stuffed toy and a box of PJ Masks chocolate hearts.

This year, however, we'll be at Universal Studios on Valentine's Day. So I guess this will be our first special celebration ever! :teeth: (And the Spawn is getting a Valentine love bug PEZ dispenser and Paw Patrol chocolate hearts ;))

I hate to hear that. I feel that way about December. i hope it's better than you think!
Thanks. December is not that great for me either. But it's okay.

My ideal Valentines Date would be time together. Nothing elaborate or fancy. Just the person.

Our favorite Greek restaurant does a really reasonable prix fixe dinner for Valentine's Day that we've done once. We got engaged on Valentine's Day in the Ottawa Airport (I have absolutely no idea why he chose to do it then). Since that Valentine's Day I think we've worked every single one so we don't see each other. Two years ago I think he asked me when we wanted to celebrate instead but I'm not sure we actually did something... Also his birthday is February 7th so it all feels super close together.

We don't do anything over the top here, I will cook or order take out.
My birthday is a few days after and were are leaving for a big vacation the following week, so thats the focus!

Will get something for the grandkids.

We don’t go out but rather do a nice meal at home—often a filet of beef. Kids always get something. The gap order just arrived—heart tees for the girls with leggings that have hearts on the knees. A red tee and new pants for my boy. They’ll each get some stickers. Dh and I exchange cards and gifts—this year I got him heart socks and I’ll pick up some candy. No flowers though. They aren’t ever fresh at valentines and die so quickly. I’ll do some baking as well. This year will probably be cookie cutouts that the kids can decorate. I love Valentine’s Day. It’s a break from the never ending depression that is February.

Last edited:
Instead of spending Valentine's with my spouse, I have a board hearing that I have to go to. Luckily Valentine's Day isn't a huge thing for her.

Instead of spending Valentine's with my spouse, I have a board hearing that I have to go to. Luckily Valentine's Day isn't a huge thing for her.

Gotta do what you gotta do, right? You can always celebrate on a different day!

I'm not supposed to buy my wife anything or do anything.

We have a very good local pizza place here that does heart shaped pizzas on V day. The last 2 years we got one and had a bottle of champagne with it, will probably do the same this year. I'll pick it up on my way home and we'll eat it at home in comfy clothes.

I've always bought my kids a little something, my parents who were not big gift givers always did too. My dad would swing by the small town drug store, buy small heart shaped boxes of chocolates for us kids and a bigger box for mom. I think last year I took DD to Target the day after and let her pick something at 50% off :teeth:

We typically get each other a card and something smaller. Dinner is a toss up but I think we usually just stay home and I'm not sure that we really attempt to put on a fancy affair honestly.

One year my husband sent me Shari's Berries to my work. That was a nice surprise and yummy too.

I typically get flower arrangements too (one of the few times throughout the year I get them). My husband is super picky about things sometimes and flowers is one of them. He often picks the flowers individually unless he finds an arrangement that looks really good to him.

Well, now I know what I want from my DH. Maximum absurdity level achieved.

fcddde8e-0127-4a4a-966c-12955c839e5b-screen-shot-2019-01-22-at-102650-am.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter