Vacation Rental By Owner...need help from the Disney experts!

bulldog42

Mouseketeer
My family is looking to visit the Walt Disney World Resort and we can't afford to stay at a Disney Resort. We have been looking at the VRBO website and have found many properties that seem great. Since you guys are the experts, I want your help to make our vacation magical. One of the properties we are looking at is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. It looks fantastic but we are having our reservations because it is a timeshare property. First of all, has anyone used VRBO to book a stay near the resort at any hotel? Do you have any recommendations? Second, has anyone booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek through VRBO? What was your experience? We would like to hear from you! Thank you in advance for all of your help.

I booked last August through VRBO.
The condo was in Vista Cay which was very close to Sea World. The place was GORGEOUS and spacious! We visited SeaWorld for 5 days before moving to Disney property. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Bonnet Creek is fantastic. I wouldn't have any problem booking a timeshare as long as taking time share presentation isn't required. We booked once thru vacation strategy and once thru ebay. I have used vrbo to book a pool home and we never had any problems.

We haved used vrbo once in Orlando and multiple times elsewhere. We have always had a good experience. We stayed at windsor hills last fall. Resort was awesome and very close to parks--took 8 minutes from our condo doorstep to AK parking lot.

VRBO is an often used and well respected source for vacation rentals.

One note of caution when choosing a property near Disney... Be sure to determine how long of a drive the property you choose is from Disney. Some may say: "only 5 miles to Disney," but that 5 miles might be in heavy traffic which can take 30 minutes or more. We ran into that once and it was a lesson learned as we spent over an hour in the car each day. Not fun! Now we stay at Windsor Hills which is about 5 minutes from Disney.

My family is looking to visit the Walt Disney World Resort and we can't afford to stay at a Disney Resort. We have been looking at the VRBO website and have found many properties that seem great. Since you guys are the experts, I want your help to make our vacation magical. One of the properties we are looking at is the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. It looks fantastic but we are having our reservations because it is a timeshare property. First of all, has anyone used VRBO to book a stay near the resort at any hotel? Do you have any recommendations? Second, has anyone booked the Wyndham Bonnet Creek through VRBO? What was your experience? We would like to hear from you! Thank you in advance for all of your help.
You might want to read the "The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3" which is full of information.

Because it's a timeshare property, someone may call or offer you something to come to a presentation. You don't have to go. Disney has little booths all over the parks and downtown disney hawking their timeshares as well. You don't have to go to those either.

As to where to rent your stay, there are lots of places. Shop around and pick one you are comfortable with. The easiest way to start is to look on ebay, where you can look at the sales history to see what the resort is going for.

Worth considering Windsor Hills (2 miles from Disney) and Emerald Island (3 miles from Disney). Both resorts have a wide variety of properties types and sizes and excellent on-site facilities. You'll find a good selection of properties on these two resort-specific websites (like VRBO but just for a particular resort):
WindsorHillsPrivateRentals .com
EmeraldIslandPrivateRentals .com
Dave

We are just back from a stay at Acadia Estates, even closer to WDW than Windsor Hills (which we have stayed at before and enjoyed) but Acadia Estates is much quieter and more upscale in my opinion. It is a gated community and to get to WDW you don't travel on any highways, we were at Animal Kingdom is about 6 minutes.
We stayed at Woody's Bunkhouse, it has 6 bedrooms and was around $250 a night, 2 bedrooms were themed.
Here is the link
http://www.vrbo.com/571182
If you have any questions please let me know.

Do not book Bonnet Creek through VRBO!!! I just came onto the dis boards to search the topic because of my experience this week. I inquired to a few different owners and chose one that had availability for our days, May 11 to 16th. I booked it 5 days ago and fully paid, because it is within the 30 day window. Today I received an email from VRBO advising me not to conduct business with this owner as they are under review - too late!! I contacted VRBO and they let me know that even though my visa charge was made through them, they are actually a third party and there is nothing they can do for me. My only advice was to attempt contact with the owners (which they have been unsuccessful at doing) and/or dispute the transaction with my visa provider. I've attempted to contact the owner today with no reply. My visa provider will not do anything until I show up at the resort to find that the vacation I paid for and have a rental agreement for are not available. So, what do I do now?!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was looking at WBC through vrbo last night. I don't understand if they are under review why they are allowed to continue to rent these. Is it possible to post the name so others don't fall victim to these people. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter