• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Package Discovery Cove

Emilylou

Earning My Ears
We plan to visit Orlando in the fall. Our plan is to go to Discovery Cover, SW and the water park. I would like to stay close to SW, since we are not visiting Disney this trip.

Are the packages through the Discovery Cove site a good deal? Which place is best to stay at?
We would be staying for a week, with a 12 and 14 year old.
A small kitchen area would be great and a nice pool area is a must!
Thanks for your help. This site MADE our 2012 Disney trip unforgettable!

We cancelled our Disney vacation for July and are doing a Discovery Cove "vacation package" instead. We are a family of me, my husband, a 15year old son, and my 6 year old son. They had a promotion of 5th night free as well and we booked at the Marriott Renaissance hotel for $1350 for 5 nights and doing Discovery Cove about half way thru-- My husband prefers Thursday to Tuesday vacations and we are doing DC on that Saturday-- It's taking a BIG leap! But I think we are going to enjoy it as well!

I think the Fairfield Inn may have a kitchen area but they have quite a few options for "Sea World partner hotels" so you can get the quick queue option with those hotels

I have been pricing things out for a December trip (trying to convince DH to do this instead of gifts for our family) and the package deals actually seem to be better deal (at least for December). We have a timeshare so DH hates to pay for hotel-but with exchange fee, DC tickets (no dolphin swim) and then parking, QQ etc the package deal is pretty good. I looked at discount ticket sites, AAA, Orbitz...I got our Disney/Universal vacation last year with great deals booking individually but haven't found the same deals with Seaworld - so far I've only come up with ~$100 savings-not worth the hassle for me.

Which hotel do you think you will stay at? We are thinking if The Residence Inn Seaword. Has small kitchen area, and free breakfast each morning.

I am looking into Springhill Suites(no resort fees, breakfast included) or Blue Heron- with a family of five we need space LOL

We have stayed at Spring Hill Suites (my son and I) and I just booked it for my husband and me. It is REALLY nice and I love that the rooms have two bathrooms and a sitting area. I had originally booked the Sea World package but then realized the Discovery Cove package saved us $200 so I switched.

We have stayed at Spring Hill Suites (my son and I) and I just booked it for my husband and me. It is REALLY nice and I love that the rooms have two bathrooms and a sitting area. I had originally booked the Sea World package but then realized the Discovery Cove package saved us $200 so I switched.
Do you think the rooms have enough space for a family of 5? Doubtful we would be spending too much time in room but squishing into one room isnt fun LOL

Do you think the rooms have enough space for a family of 5? Doubtful we would be spending too much time in room but squishing into one room isnt fun LOL

We've stayed there twice for 5 nights each time and we had plenty of room. The rooms are very open and bigger than most standard hotel rooms. Our three kids were preteens/teenagers including my son who was 6'5" and we never felt squished. We'd stay there again!

The rooms are HUGE - two queen beds and a sectional sofa on the other side of a partial wall. Two bathrooms. You will not feel cramped - at ALL.

Last edited:
Also, depending on your kids' ages, you can let them go to the pool in the evening while you relax in the room or out by the pool - it's a fun pool area but small and friendly. Ask for a room close to the pool - we had to walk all the way across the lobby after swimming. They provide towels poolside which was a great perk for a low-priced hotel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter