Using the birthday gift card - what can you buy?

CLR4321

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend is wondering if he can buy a Beer Stein in Germany at Epcot with his birthday gift card. Anyone know?

TIA! :wizard:

My boyfriend is wondering if he can buy a Beer Stein in Germany at Epcot with his birthday gift card.

Doubt it.

Most of the WS shops are not Disney-owned.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/birthdayFunCard/index

Use of Birthday Fun Card is acceptance of its terms and conditions.

1. You may use the Birthday Fun Card towards the purchase of select merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may also be used for other select purchases including Disney's PhotoPass® on–site services and tour experiences. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.

2. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort.

3. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort Operating Participant locations or any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Disneyland® Resort, including but not limited to, Midway Games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Paradise Pier Face Painting, Airbrush Tattoos, Rubio Portrait Artist or at Downtown Disney® District locations except World of Disney®Store, Marceline's Confectionery, Disney Vault 28 and Disney's Pin Traders. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland®Resort outdoor vending carts.

4. No portion of the Birthday Fun Card balances will be redeemed for cash.

5. The terms of acceptance of the Birthday Fun Card by participating Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort locations and the valid purchases that may be made by the Birthday Fun Card may vary, check with individual locations for Birthday Fun Card program participation details.

6. The Birthday Fun Card will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged, except as may be required by law.

7. The Birthday Fun Card may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.

8. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or gift certificates/cards.

9. The Birthday Fun Card is issued by and represents an obligation of Disney Gift Card Services, Inc.

10. The Birthday Fun Card is not a credit or debit card and carries no warranties, express or implied.

11. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your Birthday Fun Card.

12. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the applicable merchandise return policies, if merchandise purchased with a Birthday Fun Card is returned with an original receipt, an exchange for an item(s) of equal value will be made or a Walt Disney World® Resort/Disneyland® Resort Merchandise Credit will be provided. All other terms and conditions of the merchandise return policy will apply.

Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. reserves the right to modify, alter, amend or change the terms and conditions of the program without advance notice.

I wish someone could make a short list of where you can shop instead of where you can't.

I wish someone could make a short list of where you can shop instead of where you can't.

I would have to agree. I assume there must be somewhere in Epcot the card CAN be used....I hope so because we will be in Epcot all day on my boyfriend's birthday. As far as what is listed there...Germany isn't listed, so I will keep my fingers crossed. Otherwise I am sure he will find some other goodies somewhere else. If anything we may have to make a trip to WOD that day to spend the card. :wizard:

If anyone had used the card in Germany....let me know! :goodvibes

I would have to agree. I assume there must be somewhere in Epcot the card CAN be used....I hope so because we will be in Epcot all day on my boyfriend's birthday. As far as what is listed there...Germany isn't listed, so I will keep my fingers crossed. Otherwise I am sure he will find some other goodies somewhere else. If anything we may have to make a trip to WOD that day to spend the card. :wizard:

If anyone had used the card in Germany....let me know! :goodvibes

You DON'T have to spend the card on the actual birthday.

It remains valid until used.

OTOH, Epcot has many shops that ARE Disney-owned.

Mouse Gear in FW is a huge and wonderful shop, filled with all kinds of choices in types of items.

I wish there was a list also that would make it easier. My DH and I have the same b-day and we'll be down there. That's double the $$ to spend but I have no clue what we will do with it!

I wish there was a list also that would make it easier. My DH and I have the same b-day and we'll be down there. That's double the $$ to spend but I have no clue what we will do with it!

You can use it in shops found nearly EVERYWHERE at WDW...

Notable EXCEPTIONS (where you cannot use the card) are:
-most specialty shops in Epcot's World Showcase
-the "name-brand" shops in DTD
-the "name-brand shops at the Deluxe Resorts.

There are far more shops where you CAN use it, than those you can't.

Does anyone know when the birthday promotion is ending? DBf's birthday is Feb 9th next year-is it finishing at the end of this year

Does anyone know when the birthday promotion is ending? DBf's birthday is Feb 9th next year-is it finishing at the end of this year

It ends (basically) at the end of 2009.

No announcement has been made on an extension.

Expect an announcement between now and mid-Oct.

I hope they do extend it.. we took my brother this year on his birthday and are taking him again in 2010. He got the birthday card since we already had tickets. He stretched that thing over three days! For a 12 year old, that is hard to do!! It was fun for him to have his "own" money to spend! He was much less demanding for things when it was his money!! :laughing:

You DON'T have to spend the card on the actual birthday.

It remains valid until used.

OTOH, Epcot has many shops that ARE Disney-owned.

Mouse Gear in FW is a huge and wonderful shop, filled with all kinds of choices in types of items.

Robo, you are awesome! :thumbsup2 I thought the gift card was only valid on the day of your birthday. That will open all sorts of options for using the card. Do you get it at the beginning of your trip to start using it? Or is the day of the birthday basically a sort of activation date to use as of that day? I forgot all about Mouse Gear...we avoided the shops to keep my son from whining last time, really only going into the ones we had to (at the ride exits). :wizard:

The hand out they gave me with my card says you cannot use it in Japan, China or Morrocco. It does not mention Germany.

Robo, you are awesome! :thumbsup2 I thought the gift card was only valid on the day of your birthday. That will open all sorts of options for using the card.

1- Do you get it at the beginning of your trip to start using it? Or

2- is the day of the birthday basically a sort of activation date to use as of that day?

1- Nope.

2- You can ONLY physically get any "birthday" choice ON the actual birthday date.
Don't forget that you must present a legal ID to get any of the "birthday gifts."

I don't see Germany specifically listed as a restriction either.
But, I'm not too sure about many of the shops in WS.
You can always ask at the shop.

We'll be down for hubby's birthday, and are considering the "VIP" Fastpass rather than the cash. Anybody know if this is worth it? (If the crowds are light that week, and we'll be there a few days ahead of time to judge, obviously we'd go for the gift card.)

How is this card used for a tour since you have to pay in advance?

1- Nope.

2- You can ONLY physically get any "birthday" choice ON the actual birthday date.
Don't forget that you must present a legal ID to get any of the "birthday gifts."

I don't see Germany specifically listed as a restriction either.
But, I'm not too sure about many of the shops in WS.
You can always ask at the shop.

Yep...he definitely has a drivers license. :goodvibes I figure that is all you need, right? On the certificate from online I think that's all it said.
Since we have to get the gift card on my boyfriend's birthday (our Epcot day), we will just have to stop in Germany and ask. I will definitely post an update to let everyone know what we found out while we were there. :wizard:

"You can ONLY physically get any "birthday" choice ON the actual birthday date."

Bummer! My dd's birthday is New Year's Day, which is also our last full day. I was hoping she'd be able to use it the Wed. prior when DTD is on the itinerary... Oh well, I'm sure she'll be able to find something to suffice in one of the park shops.

I did confirm with the store in Germany that sells the beer steins that you can use the birthday gift cards to buy a beer stein. :thumbsup2 We ended up getting some other stuff instead, but FYI for anyone who may be interested. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter